View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 [B14] Onslaught v1.01 

Rate it:
1 13%  13%  [ 6 ]
2 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
3 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
4 35%  35%  [ 17 ]
5 35%  35%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 48

[B14] Onslaught v1.01 

Post [B14] Onslaught v1.01
Started off as an Omaha beach-like map, but I decided to mix it up some. It's mainly designed for SP/coop, I dunno if multiplayer would be unbalanced because of the terrain.

Red team, the humans, has the high ground. Green, the robots, start in the valley. You start off with 4 actors on either team. The brain is accessible from multiple ways as the Red team, so keep lots of sentries. :P The green team's brain, on the other hand, is pretty close to the entrance of the base. Hence my comments about possible unbalancing.

Apparently AI doesn't work in B14 so well if you make a map non-looping, so I made a huge friggin' wall instead. Don't set your clones to brainhunt unless you're halfway across the map.

Anyways, here's a pic and the fixed download.

Last edited by cambiogris on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:17 pm

It's an excellently designed map, but since the actors the enemy starts out with in B14 actually have AI, for some reason all of these men head straight over the their brain room. They eventually destroy the brain...

It looks like a great map, I just don't have time to play it before they destroy their brain...

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:48 pm
Profile WWW

Great Job! Is that actually the backround?

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

It's an excellently designed map, but since the actors the enemy starts out with in B14 actually have AI, for some reason all of these men head straight over the their brain room. They eventually destroy the brain...

It looks like a great map, I just don't have time to play it before they destroy their brain...

Yeah, I've been testing it some more, which I guess I should have done beforehand, but the AI is really glitchy when the map isn't supposed to loop. In fact, they don't even spawn rockets and dropships at all. So I'll try to push out a new version soon. :(

zalo wrote:
This could be the next Tomato Map...

Great Job! Is that actually the backround?

Nah, the background is the default, it just looked really ugly when I patched the screenshots together so I turned it blue.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:58 pm

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 am

Basically, there's a 1P version and a 2P version. The 1P version has an isolated green brain and no starting green players. The 2P version is set up the same way as the original.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:17 am

Location: Bc, westcoast cana-- *giggles* What were we talking about?
only thing that could make this better is a mining tunnel under each base so you can use an underground tactic to win.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:08 am
Profile WWW

This is a great map, however; its a build 14 map and I still use build 13. Would anyone mind helping me convert this into a build 13 version too?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:15 am

This is a great map, however; its a build 14 map and I still use build 13. Would anyone mind helping me convert this into a build 13 version too?

I'm currently working on it now, but I'm missing the contour program, because it died when WJ messed up the downloads. Anyone care to re-upload it?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:25 am

Here you go. Looks like a good map, too. I'll try it in a minute.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:25 am

The update sort of fixed it. You can play it now without their brain being killed by their men, but whenever the land new soldiers on the half of the map closer to their brain, they head in that direction, thinking they can loop around to your brain, I guess?

Considering in B14 the AI is programmed to the land it's ships opposite the map from your brain, it happens pretty frequently. I DID get to play it though, and although you can't really play it with the AI, yet, it's still really fun in 2P. I'd say you're better off just making it loop, though.

Good luck, as it is a GREAT map.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:51 am
Profile WWW

Considering in B14 the AI is programmed to the land it's ships opposite the map from your brain, it happens pretty frequently. I DID get to play it though, and although you can't really play it with the AI, yet, it's still really fun in 2P. I'd say you're better off just making it loop, though.

Damn, I didn't know that. :(

Well, I think I'd probably be better off just making a new map, to be honest. Fixing this one for that problem would require a huge overhaul, and probably wouldn't be worth the time. But hey, at least you guys like it for multiplayer, and I've learned what not to do for my next map. :lol:

Also, I've been working on the build 13 version, and I'm almost done, but the base modules are completely screwed up, and I don't know what's wrong with them. They show up, but they have no background, and if anything collides with what should be the background, it causes extreme problems. Could be a palette issue, but I'm not sure.

To be honest, I'd like to avoid mapping in B13 as much as possible because it's a royal PITA. :sad:

Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:28 am

I'm having trouble with making Mat files for b14. How do you know what colour to make it and when? I get the gist of the concrete but not the rest.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Cap'n, I'd just flat out refuse to do a B13 reconstruction. The version was phased out for a reason.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:19 pm
Profile YIM

The huge wall to the left of green base owns, I can make huge underground airbases with explosives and digger, <3 this map :grin:

Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next