View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next
 The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better) 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better)
Yeah honestly, with all those upgrades it'd have to cost at least 400 oz to be even remotely balanced and still that would be ridiculous.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 am
Profile WWW

Is there any reason to get the ordinary coalition sniper rifle over the heavy sniper rifle other than lowering the risk of overkill?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:13 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Faster follow up shots.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:23 am

But with a heavy sniper rifle you wont need follow up shots.
Unless your aim is really that bad...

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:08 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Good luck taking out more than three people per shot though.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Gun name: grenades in general

i love how you can chuck them into places that would prove deadly to go into (useful in dummy assault)

i hate the underwealming power of them cause if it lands beside their legs all it does is remove their legs and if the grenade is not close to them (not touching them) it only does like 5-15 damage. it seems that the only way to get 1 shot kills with grenades is to make it land on the enemy's gun so the grenade is sitting there right in front of his face

i think it would be useful to keep the regular grenades but you should add something like a "grenade MK2" where its 5 gold more expensive but its a little more lethal and can actually kill people without touching them. also the disruption grenade is a little overpowered for its price, like at least half the time its active cause if a guy is near it the grenade will ABSOLUTELY RAPE THEM and at least the next 3 people who get in its range.

Last edited by mechwarrior on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Grenades should have more short-ranged frag, because what you say it's right, it can land in front of them and that won't kill anything. But I feel very satisfied when the grenades doesn't land near enough and some limbs get destroyed. For me that's like the point of the grenades, inmobilizing and rending units useless rather than killing them instantly.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:16 am

Gun: Any of the Ronin weapons.

Ronin are scavengers and traitors who probably steal guns instead of buying them. I want to see them have a chance to jam or if it's an RPG, explode in their face like Far Cry 2.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:53 pm

I think the terrain rape issue would be a lot easier to manage if the vanilla game upped the default structure integrity of soil somewhat and strengthened the diggers to compensate without making them instant melee range killers (set half of all digger particles to HitsMOs = 0?).

Tweaking the game so that it favors guns and scripts that specialize in terrain rape rather than trying to avoid it would be a step in the right direction imo.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:11 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

ryry1237 wrote:
I think the terrain rape issue would be a lot easier to manage if the vanilla game upped the default structure integrity of soil somewhat and strengthened the diggers to compensate without making them instant melee range killers (set half of all digger particles to HitsMOs = 0?).

Tweaking the game so that it favors guns and scripts that specialize in terrain rape rather than trying to avoid it would be a step in the right direction imo.

I've always thought that.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:11 pm
happy carebear mom

That has been happening, go play B23 again and try it out. It needs to go further still, of course, but it's getting there.
A mod I released a while ago in minor mods upped all structural integrities by 5x I think, and added some new diggers with the same boost to their sharpness, it worked pretty well in B23.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 am

Yuzazi wrote:
Gun: Any of the Ronin weapons.

Ronin are scavengers and traitors who probably steal guns instead of buying them. I want to see them have a chance to jam or if it's an RPG, explode in their face like Far Cry 2.

yeah that would be cool but the ronin guns will need to either cost less or be more powerful in order to balance that unreliability, also that RPG exploding in my face thing would piss the hell out of me imagine spending 170+ gold for a ronin actor with a RPG and then you press fire and get a massive fireball in the face. the only reaction you would get from me is "FUUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:59 am

Instead of just blowing up the RPG could start flashing white and blow up in three seconds,
so you have a chance to drop it and run.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:27 am

But just remember that any action which has a chance of catastrophic failure that comes purely from the results of a random number generator (and not due to poor management of the player) tends to get really frustrating.

Just imagine playing a mission with one of the ronin guys with an rpg, painstakingly working your way through swaths of mooks, and just as you're one hit away from killing the big bad boss, the rpg blows up in your face because you get a bad roll and you have to restart the mission.

Aka, having all of the ronin guns have a chance of catastrophic failure is a no for me, although temporary gun jamming would be fine.

It would certainly suit the undead with their crude and makeshift single shot guns.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:25 am

Gun: Remote Explosive

pros: The satisfaction of blowing stuff up on command

cons: No longer called C4, no longer able to blow holes in stuff in b26. No red/blue/green types.

Thu May 03, 2012 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next