View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 33  Next
 The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better)
To be honest I really doubt the aerodynamical capabilities of a chainsaw, so I'm not really sure it needs another buff.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Gun name: Rocket Propelled Chainsaw
What I like about this gun: Its awesome and great and everything about the chainsaw and damage and stuff is good the way it is.

What I don't like about this gun and I think should be changed about it: Its awkward to fire and the AI flat out can't shoot it at all. You always have to aim slightly higher then you actually want to fire because the projectile arcs downwards once it comes out of the barrel. If you shoot straight at the target like the AI tries to do, it just slams into the ground about a meter away from you. It could use either a guideline like the Ubercanon has to line up the shots better, or just make it so it fires in a straighter line so you don't need to compensate for the awkward angle it flies off at.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:50 am

I really like the imperatus assault rifle. It tunnels through anything, though it takes a while. It's just a nice meaty assault rifle that feels as good as any gun.

Small clip is annoying, but it feels well-balanced that way.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Blunderpop is two-handed. Looks like a pistol to me.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:53 pm

I've been playing a lot with the Browncoat tech. Basically, every Browncoat tech weapon feels incredibly powerful. (Especially in the hands of a Browncoat Heavy!)

PY-07
This feels like an incredibly balanced weapon for close-range combat (as the low magazine size can really screw you over), but is really quite overpowered for long-range encounters: you can just use body-switch mode to see roughly where the enemy is and spam in their general direction and take them down. At 140 it looks quite pricey, but CA-01 is only 170 and the PY-07 is so much more useful!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
The lack of drop/impact explosives that don't need to be activated first.

What I like about this: Nothing.

What I don't like about this: I miss loading up bodies and craft with stick grenades and timed explosives and tackling enemy positions with them. While I'm sympathetic to the whole 'Grenades shouldn't explode when sneezed on' line of thinking, we could use a few specialized explosives to achieve the same goal, just built around the on death, explode line of thinking.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Battle Rifle

What I like: The nice amount of power it provides, rate of fire, power when massed together.
Dislike: Small mag cap, rather short sharpaim range for a long barrel, non-beefy sound.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:39 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

That's how it's supposed to be.

The Base tradestar guns aren't supposed to be the optimal guns for you, rather than cheap guns you buy if you can't afford anything else.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 am

Not quite a gun... but pineapple grenades.
They are so cheap and have the best distance travelling shrapnel, I load up sandra with 40 of them, fly her to land in front of the tutorial enemy door, when she goes - boom everything is melted and you win.

What I don't like about this gun and I think should be changed about it:
I find the pin apples overpowered! I use it far too often, maybe it should cost 10 instead of 5.
I make orders of 200cr pinapple filled rockets all the time.

Also- brown coat flame thrower, love it for close up.
Don't need to change it except that if you get close to a door you can fire though it- same for most long guns.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 am

The Imperiatus bullpup rifle is a good all-rounder, the only thing I'd change is to extend the sharpaim somewhat.
Similar story for the Browncoat sniper rifle; good weapon limited by range.

The Dummy and Ronin weapon tweaks seem to have hit the mark, the M60 in particular now gives me pause. Dummy snipers are also pretty nasty without feeling OP.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 am
Banned

name:thumper

what i like:this is not a topic to talk to that!

what i dislike:the explosion are too big:when you fire,even at long range,you reiceive damages!!

need to be changed to make a good weapon.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:41 pm
Banned

Yes that's true. And one of the grenades (frag maybe?) could be toned down a bit too in terms of flying shrapnel for safety reasons.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:11 pm
Banned

oh,I have thinked you never go in that topic,crow.
cause you like changing lots of things in CC.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:22 pm
Banned

OK serious question:

Is the Coalition assault rifle useful?

I mean, what is the niche it fills? (And maybe also the shotguns. Especially the regular Coalition shotgun.)

Cost aside.

I find that cost doesn't matter because I always have enough to get a weapon like the flak cannon, which seems to make the assault rifle worthless.

EDIT: this part wasn't meant as a criticism, by the way. Just as context.
None of this was meant as criticism - this is just the way I like to think about weapons in CC. lol.

In Brutality mod assault rifles (and shotguns) are useful because they are light and fast, which is important since an actor can die from one bullet. This makes even the pistol useful (really, it's cool).

That's obviously not the case in CC vanilla.

So why should I use a weapon that almost always requires my soldiers to lose some health for every kill when I can just pulp people from far away with a flak cannon, a sniper, or an uber cannon or revolver cannon?

???

Of course I note that Data's playstyle is a little different from mine. Mine's more exacting. Whatever.

Last edited by Crow on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:12 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Wait, do you see yourself as being better than Data? Data had very little impact on the vanilla content, and he designed his engine to cater to exactly the specifications you needed, as you proved when you overhauled the content itself. What you actually mean is that your playstyle differs from that of the entire content development team, specifically (I believe) Promster, who justified the design of the faction, including guns, with no doubt heaps of concept, since that is what he does, and is paid to do.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 33  Next