View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Total Conversion Contest 1 | Voting 

Which mod is best?
Poll ended at Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:12 am
The Reject - BlocksFromAbove.rte 70%  70%  [ 58 ]
ROBOT V ROBOT - RobotVRobot.rte 19%  19%  [ 16 ]
Tradestar Defense - TradestarDefense.rte 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 83

Total Conversion Contest 1 | Voting 

Post Re: Total Conversion Contest 1 | Voting
^ The single...gif i saw of Xextredge made it look like nothing special. It's cool how he managed to do that, but it looks like any other Shoot 'Em Up, which I personally don't like. Unless there's something I'm missing?

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

It's made in the RTE, so it has nice gibs and stuff. And collision detection. Nothing crazy special, but fun.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Duh102 wrote:
It's made in the RTE, so it has nice gibs and stuff. And collision detection. Nothing crazy special, but fun.

That doesn't negate that if you don't like vertical or side-scrolling shooters, you will automatically not like it.

I am VERY picky about my shooters, R-Type, Raiden II, and, this game on the SNES that I cant remember the name of. they where the *only* shooters I enjoyed, and thats because I liked either A) the enemies B) the music or C) the weapons. From what I have seen of XT i've seen feel like a green painted cheap knock off.

now if it was an RTS based on the ships designs in it, like in battleships forever (based on a bosses only shooter called 'WARNING! forever'), THEN it might be something I could get behind, but even then only if it was customizable.

Furthermore I doubt that any of its content would be any use to normal CC play. I mean, if you could play CC with waves of attacker ships, and use your ronins and machine guns and grenade launchers on them, with the XT enemies as attackerspawn, that might be a redeeming quality.

TLDR : people who don't like shooters, wont like xtredge, or xtrege or however its spelled, just because its in CC. its a shooter, ergo, no DL.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
happy carebear mom

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
That doesn't negate that if you don't like vertical or side-scrolling shooters, you will automatically not like it.
I suppose that's true. For the rest of us, however, it will provide a pleasant diversion.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:50 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Miles I could quite literally release the best mod ever (or the next ♥♥♥♥ build early) and you would find a way to complain about it.

Also you brought up two different ways to spell it while spelling it the same way both times.

And by the way I am no european I believe in vowels so it's actually Xextredge

not X tredge

Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:26 am
Loose Canon

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:

I gotta agree here. Even if it IS the best mod evar, if you aren't into that kind of game then it wouldn't rank high up on your "Best Mods Evar" List. This is why you should always press preview first kiddies. :oops:

Last edited by TorrentHKU on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:27 am
Profile WWW

Grif wrote:
Miles I could quite literally release the best mod ever (or the next ♥♥♥♥ build early) and you would find a way to complain about it.

Also you brought up two different ways to spell it while spelling it the same way both times.

And by the way I am no european I believe in vowels so it's actually Xextredge

not X tredge

I don't really 'complain' i merely 'suggest improvement'. and also, no i didnt. one of them had a D the other did not.

but i'd like to ask. since your at the bottom and they come from the top. can we use them as attacker-spawn against normal CC?

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:09 am
Profile YIM WWW

Wow, I have to say. Blocks from above definatly gets the vote. The one error is that when collecting items the gain from the old item is displayed with the new value. Exiting, funny, ocasonaly humiliating to see your player get crushed to a pulp; I have yet to win. Actualy, can you win?

Other than that there's Robot v Robot which although fun was confusing when I couldn't seem to control anything. An automatic switch to the next robot would be good. Also after a while gibs do build up a bit too much, not sure if there is a fix.

However with tradestar defence I had quite a bit of lag that prevented me from playing while none of the others suffered this, also the asteroids didn't seem to respont to the shots passing through them, this may also just be my aim.

Other than that they're all amazing mods, definately keeping The Reject.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:54 pm

The Reject, mainly because I felt that the others weren't up to par.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:14 pm
Profile WWW

Samohan25 wrote:
Wow, I have to say. Blocks from above definatly gets the vote. The one error is that when collecting items the gain from the old item is displayed with the new value. Exiting, funny, ocasonaly humiliating to see your player get crushed to a pulp; I have yet to win. Actualy, can you win?

Other than that there's Robot v Robot which although fun was confusing when I couldn't seem to control anything. An automatic switch to the next robot would be good. Also after a while gibs do build up a bit too much, not sure if there is a fix.

However with tradestar defence I had quite a bit of lag that prevented me from playing while none of the others suffered this, also the asteroids didn't seem to respont to the shots passing through them, this may also just be my aim.

Other than that they're all amazing mods, definately keeping The Reject.

i survived about 150 seconds and had a pit on the left side. only 3 layers... I don't think you can win.

for making the gibs not pile up, get rid of gibs, make special gibs that disintegrate into dim glows or something.

As for tradestar defense, the lag only seems to happen in the first wave for some reason. after you get past the asteroids, level 2 and on is much more playable, although I could never survive wave number 3!!!!!

Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
happy carebear mom

So since there are only 3 entries, I cannot use my fourth prize image. Thus, the order may not make sense to people. I went by US fair ribbon position conventions this time, since we've done the Gold/Silver/Copper/Iron for a while now. In order from 1st to 4th, Blue, Red, White, and Yellow, according to Wiki. If you think this is stupid (the color convention) I can change it back to the metal convention before they are awarded.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:53 pm
Loose Canon

Keep it like this. A different kind of contest deserves a different kind of prize.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Contest almost over, pretty obvious who won. I'll be giving out the prizes as soon as the poll ends.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:44 am
happy carebear mom

And it's over. Yay, I get to use my limited mod powers :grin:

Total Conversion Contest 1, hosted by Duh102, theme by Grif/lafe

Theme: Total Conversions
Runtime: 8/18/09 to 23:59 9/20/09 GMT
Winners:
  • 1st TheLastBanana - BlocksFromAbove.rte - The Reject (58 votes)
  • 2nd Geti - RobotVRobot.rte - Robot v Robot (16 votes)
  • 3rd Areku - TradestarDefense.rte - Tradestar Defense (9 votes)
Prizes:
1st through 3rd received Blue, Red, and White commemorative images.
Mediafire

EDIT: Hot damn, TLB, you're a two-time gold winner. And this time by 70% of the vote!

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:17 am
Loose Canon

TLB, you win too much. I bet he has time each mod contest to plot out his next victory assuring entry.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next