View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 [BUILD 22] Released!!! - Activities for skirmish HERE! 

Post Re: [BUILD 22] Released!!! - Activities for skirmish HERE!
i thought it would be a materials thing. i love that feature, very handy. makes hiding behind a pile of gibs way less effective, but generally you dont get gibs piled very high anymore anyway. which is a good thing.
Azukki wrote:
Although I'm not terribly content with, well, some of the new content. The flamethrowers sound horrid. I know it's probably challenging to find legally usable sound effects on drl's budget, but silence would be much better than the cannon sound over and over again.

Some of the devices seem like WIP mods. I mean, I guess in a way they are, but I've always seem vanilla content as being a standard of quality, so this just seem a little off. But hey, it is a good deal of content, and pretty quick too, so I guess I can't complain much.

mmn, i didnt play with the flamers much, as they were kinda spammy and bleh, i like the grenade launchers for everything except the shrapnel range, and all the fire effects are awesome. the sheer mass of coalition weapons is good in itself, as all of them feel like they have a specific purpose. havnt played much with the ronin, but they seem alright. a bit lazy in the actor sprites. the dummies are awesome. the grenade launcher and sidearms are all awesome, and everything ties in well.
tl;dr: i agree on some points.

@ grenade: pff, the new technology is awesome, especially rotation of sprites.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:43 am
Profile WWW

grenade wrote:
B22 is quite bad . Ronins are horrible (they are just re-sprites of coalition ! ) . The stuff isnt balanced . The grass is weak as paper . And lots of other .

Tell Data, Prom, Numgun, and Capnbubs that, I'm sure they'll take your half assed, terribly worded, and unfounded criticism to heart.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:14 am

Great work on the new release! I just downloaded it and played around with a couple things (big thanks to Numgun for the skirmish fix), and overall I'm very impressed. In just a few short minutes of testing things out I had a lot of laughs from getting my butt kicked by the AI on Death (which usually isn't that rough). My friend was already coming over tomorrow to play for awhile, so this will be an awesome surprise.

My only initial comment (until I can tinker some more) is about the drop-point selection. Is it just me or does the drop-point skip around large sections of the terrain? I kept finding myself wanting to drop at a very specific location but wasn't able to because the selector would skip past it. I'm just curious if it was something intentional, or if something in my game got a bit wonky. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Great job again! I look forward to playing for a few hours tomorrow :grin:

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:36 am

smithno13 wrote:
Too much hype for too little content.
I mean, dont get me wrong, this is an AMAZING build (yay antigrav chocolate) but only one mission?
Well one really fun, epic mission, but its still one mission.

Wow. Quit posting, seriously

This build is awesome. Fixes and adds many things that the community's been asking for. Still a lot of AI bugs, but nothing that the Data, numgun and co can't fix...right?

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 am

ChimLeigh wrote:
Great work on the new release! I just downloaded it and played around with a couple things (big thanks to Numgun for the skirmish fix), and overall I'm very impressed. In just a few short minutes of testing things out I had a lot of laughs from getting my butt kicked by the AI on Death (which usually isn't that rough). My friend was already coming over tomorrow to play for awhile, so this will be an awesome surprise.

My only initial comment (until I can tinker some more) is about the drop-point selection. Is it just me or does the drop-point skip around large sections of the terrain? I kept finding myself wanting to drop at a very specific location but wasn't able to because the selector would skip past it. I'm just curious if it was something intentional, or if something in my game got a bit wonky. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Great job again! I look forward to playing for a few hours tomorrow :grin:

it seems like they've changed the way the dropping works, it's either only your initial zone you can drop in, on terrain height plays some role, I can't tell yet.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:47 am

What I like about B22:

I have not yet been able to beat the zombie cave.
I love the new dummy drop rocket, and that green crate.
I love the new dummy weapons. they feel like its vanilla content.
I love the shovel that says INFINITE.
I love that it lags MUCH less
I love the new grenades
I love that the AI can use grenades now.
ZOMG EASTER EGGS! CHOCHOLATE?! METROID FOSILS! W00T!
OMFG HUEG CRATER MODULE!
I love running around with the last Ronin, with the shovel screaming "GORDON FREEMAN?! MR FREEMAN!-GORDON FREEMAN!!!"

What I hate about B22
The only coalition weapon I don't HATE, is there rocket launcher, but it needs longer sight range

The coalition and ronins don't feel like vanilla content, they feel like self-important, overpowered mods. it's like making CRobo a vanilla content. It makes all the already vanilla content useless. Honestly, I tried out every thing that I didn't have to edit the game for first, and Now I refuse to use anything for the coalition because its to much of an unfair advantage, not to mention some of the sprites are from the sprite dump, I had 1 or 2 of them already, that double barreled machine gun thing, yeah, old.

I hate that the spacers between factions, aren't unique per faction, although they could be.

I especially hate that the 'vanilla content' Isn't all in Base.rte. I used base.rte as refference for everything, because it was all the vanilla content, in one folder, that I could just back up one folder, and if i messed it up, i could over write base.rte with a fresh copy. now I have a pile of folders that just look like mods.

I hope B23 puts them all in one.rte, for ease of use, and I hope that the coalition stuff is rethought, and revamped, since it feels like a self-important mod.

and lastly WHY THE F*** ARE THERE SO MANY *** **** PISTOLS!?!?!?!?
WE DONT NEED 4 PISTOLS IN THE SAME FACTION! *foams at the mouth*

All in all, fantastic, but please, for the love of god, never EVER make a mission that ONLY lets you use coalition weapons, because I WILL just rage for months and take it out on everyone.
(mods can feel free to do that, but dont make it vanilla content if it stays as is)

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:47 am
Profile YIM WWW

sorry for the double-post, but this is not related to what I was saying.

Hidden things:
//IncludeFile = Dummy.rte/Actors/Small Turret/Small Turret.ini
Ronin.rte/Devices/Explosive/Explosives.ini //commented out is the chocolate.
Ronin.rte/devices/explosive/AntiGravityChocolate.bmp //how I fount the file

thats what I've got so far.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 am
Profile YIM WWW

Azukki wrote:
Although I'm not terribly content with, well, some of the new content. The flamethrowers sound horrid. I know it's probably challenging to find legally usable sound effects on drl's budget, but silence would be much better than the cannon sound over and over again.

Oh no. Sorry for the flamers, they were still under work and they were left uncommented. I submitted them into the version so I'd have a backup.
I didnt expect the release to come so suddenly. :roll:

Same story for the laser weapons.

@ Miles: Ignore the turret, it doesnt work properly. It will have its own class and that is just what I made to test if it would work like that.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks for the activities and cheers on the great job with most weapons.

It would seem that emitter buildup no longer happens.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:28 am

zalo wrote:
GET AWAY, IT'S MINE!

Robbin' Zombie steals from the poor.

That picture made me feel bad for the poor zombie.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 pm
Profile WWW

Extra points for those who guess where that easter egg is from.
Btw, that thing is a powerful anti-dropship weapon. I've never tested it in action, but it should be pretty deadly to anyone who gets "chocolated".

Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:38 pm

grenade wrote:
B22 is quite bad . Ronins are horrible (they are just re-sprites of coalition ! ) . The stuff isnt balanced . The grass is weak as paper . And lots of other .

IRON GRASS NEEDED POST-HASTE.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

now that made me lol. and its 2am, teewhy ophanim.
Krumbs wrote:
That picture made me feel bad for the poor zombie.

same XD
caption shouldve been skeleton #215476 the incredibly mean, or simmilar.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:02 pm
Profile WWW

Its 15:03 in my country . And the zombie cave is AWESOME i've won 10-16 times , and i still very like it , and btw try to unregister and complete it for less than 6 mins . Really cool .

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Floating Chocolate!?
OM NOM NUMGUN!!

Awesome stuff. Well done to the Dev Team for the huge improvement in the short time since B21 was released!
Even though it did break a few mods, it's giving more possibilities to modders. Wooooo!

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
...I hope B23 puts them all in one.rte, for ease of use...

This is just my point of view, so please don't take it as a starting point for a bitter argument, but I think they've done the right thing. Separating the factions into different modules makes it easier to manage, especially for the devs, who are the ones who have to work with all the random stuff everywhere. It also makes other modder jobs easier, by allowing the testing process to be a lot faster by changing it to load less .rte's, and helping in making totally independant mods using only the Base.rte stuff.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next