View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 How to make Cortex Command lag less. [V1.2.2] 
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: How to make Cortex Command lag less. [V1.2]
DeltaTime (delta = change, learn to higher science) refers to how long the game tries to take between frames. The higher the deltatime, the less the game struggles, and the lower your FPS. Lower deltatime, and your FPS will go up as the game tries to render more frames.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Post Re: How to make Cortex Command lag less. [V1.2]
for that section of the tutorial i'm specifically talking about SIM frames per second. ill put that in to clarify.
thanks for explaining it to him grif.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:49 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: How to make Cortex Command lag less. [V1.2.2]
This tutorial is great, it helped me lots because my computer is slower than an old man going up a fudging mountain. Great job.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:07 am

glad it helped you. i really think the vanilla settings need some fiddling, but i think that mighthave been done anyway..

Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:21 pm
Profile WWW

since i fixed my deltatime, my actors and guns fall through the floor easier. can i fix this?

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 am
happy carebear mom

Not really. Messing with deltatime affects the entire simulation in how it calculates collisions and such, so you will be falling through things easier, and collisions will be messed up. You can try setting it to a value closer to the original until you have a balance between speed and simulation.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Super helpful tutorial!

Now my CC runs great!

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:52 am

Mucking around with Deltatime may reduce lag, but it increases visual lag as the game skips around a lot, and the physics becomes woeful: objects do random, inexplicable things, such as explode, or move faster than they should have.

I recommend leaving it alone, change other things (such as resolution) instead.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:04 am

Eh, taking it down to between 45-30SFPS works fine for me, especially on crappy laptops.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:55 am
Profile WWW

this is a good tutorial but a really good way to speed stuff up is to delete/disable mods becuse the more mod the slower the game will be(i dont just mean at the start of the game but why u play the game)
the bigger the mod is more slower the game it will be
good mods to delete/disable is one like Unitech (those big ones) but the ones are small dont make much of a difference e.x. mod which only have 1 gun in it

if u dont want to delete the mod try this
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17454

and u should Defragmenting the computer because cortex command really makes a lot of errors (which makes corrupted files)

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:37 am

oddman wrote:
because cortex command really makes a lot of errors (which makes corrupted files)
It should not be doing that, and that's not even what causes Disk Fragmentation. Moreover, it's not going to improve your speed when you fix that.
But yes, as everyone ought to know (from birth!), removing mods makes the game run better. Not using lua also does this.
But most people like using mods, and I for one keep a separate copy of CC just for running everything at once.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:32 am

A few quick edits here and there, figured it could use a going over now that it's more than a year old.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:47 am
Profile WWW

I just wonder... how to set up Simulations Per Second(SPS) and Frames Per Second(FPS) individually.
Currently we have DeltaTime settings which decides one of them and we have the option of "simulate on each frame" which makes me confused.

Actually, i don't want so much FPS (200+ on some simple scene). i want to keep FPS low and stable (for example 30FPS no matter the scene is simple or complicated) while SPS being still high enough so no simulation problem would occur.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 am
happy carebear mom

I don't believe the settings get so fine as that. You just have to play with them until your computer can handle the amount of simulation you want per frame.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:25 am

HoneyFox wrote:
I just wonder... how to set up Simulations Per Second(SPS) and Frames Per Second(FPS) individually.
Currently we have DeltaTime settings which decides one of them and we have the option of "simulate on each frame" which makes me confused.
You cannot set the FPS at all.

The game renders the game at the maximum number of frames per second it can manage (200+ in some cases, less than the number of sim frames otherwise), which incidentally means that the FPS the game is running at is a good indication of how well your computer is running the game. As rendering a frame really only means blitting the images to the screen (rather than doing any fancy raytracing or what have you, the overhead is negligible when compared with the cost of running a simulation cycle, and is used to fill in the gaps between simulations when the game is running faster than need be (ie when FPS > SFPS).

Why do you want to limit FPS?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next