View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
 The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better) 

Post Re: The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better)
Dan has said that the jetpacks are going to be buffed up a bit.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:31 am
Profile WWW

Contrary wrote:
Miniguns are cool but we need some good old slow firing 100 round LMGs.

I agree 100%, the minigun is cool but it lack the satisfying thud-thud-thud of a big ass machine gun

the MG in my mod is designed specifically for that <-- pluggin' mah ♥♥♥♥ :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 am

Contrary wrote:
I'm fine with ♥♥♥♥ disappearing in midair. It's better than bullets falling to the ground like snowflakes.
This is why scripted simulated air resistance is a better idea, dropping the bullet down to a "minimum velocity" after a short period of time (read: .1 seconds or so, long enough for it to be just about to leave the screen) and then not slow it any more, or change the deceleration to something less overpowering. The slowdown should be meaningful enough to limit the travel of rounds from things like shotguns (as IRL they have arguably visible drop over a matter of 30 meters) without making the shot itself turn into some bizarre floaty cloud.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
Contrary wrote:
I'm fine with ♥♥♥♥ disappearing in midair. It's better than bullets falling to the ground like snowflakes.
This is why scripted simulated air resistance is a better idea, dropping the bullet down to a "minimum velocity" after a short period of time (read: .1 seconds or so, long enough for it to be just about to leave the screen) and then not slow it any more, or change the deceleration to something less overpowering. The slowdown should be meaningful enough to limit the travel of rounds from things like shotguns (as IRL they have arguably visible drop over a matter of 30 meters) without making the shot itself turn into some bizarre floaty cloud.

unarguably visible drop, no shotgun I've ever fired didn't require me to adjust for arc near what I estimate to be that distance.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 am

The air resistance doesn't interact well with gravity. I suspect it is applied at the wrong time, code wise.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Rulan wrote:
Miggles wrote:
Also, something I don't like about vanilla is how a lot of the guns have generic names. (mostly coalition) For instance, instead of an actual name like, I dunno, the "Tor" or something, we just have "Assault Rifle".

For God's sake, please do not do this. If you want to name the weapons, number-and-letter serials will look a lot more pro.

It's an example, you don't have to get all pissed about it.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 am
Profile WWW

The naming systems are a matter of personal preference anyway.
Besides which, if it's actually an issue, it's very simple and easy to just change the names.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:04 am

111herbert111 wrote:
unarguably visible drop, no shotgun I've ever fired didn't require me to adjust for arc near what I estimate to be that distance.
Arguably (n)
"As can be strongly supported or proven by sound logical deduction, evidence, and precedent; That is a plausible proposition; defensibly because of solid reasons"

I was saying you would definitely have to adjust your aim, not saying it was really debatable.

Though, with a sabot slug at ~30m you'd be heading towards a much more level trajectory. Still not "flat", but getting close.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:12 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
111herbert111 wrote:
Arguably (n)
"As can be strongly supported or proven by sound logical deduction, evidence, and precedent; That is a plausible proposition; defensibly because of solid reasons"

I was saying you would definitely have to adjust your aim, not saying it was really debatable.

Though, with a sabot slug at ~30m you'd be heading towards a much more level trajectory. Still not "flat", but getting close.

I've misundestood the term arguably my entire life, I feel really stupid now. :roll: I've never fired a sabot slug to be honest, though that does make sense.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 am

Gun name: Heavy Sniper Rifle

What I like about this gun:
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. A shot aimed just so will literally make an enemy explode into several pieces, less accurate shots will remove weapons or limbs with ease. A single shot to a dropship's engine can destroy it if aimed correctly, resulting in physics deaths upon mine enemies.

What I don't like about this gun and I think should be changed about it:
Nothing. The firing delay, slow reload time and three-round clip seem fair. If anything it should probably be more expensive.

Additional notes (not required):
Two enemies with slow-firing weapons able to destroy in a single shot. A wide expanse. Jetpack towards each other, such that there is only time to fire a single shot. Jetpack Jousting!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Gun name: Napalm flamer

What I like about this gun:
It not only looks nice visually but carrys deadly Napalm!

What I don't like about this gun and I think should be changed about it:
About the deadly Napalm, its not really deadly, or nalpalmy.
The flames should cause damage by themselves, and it should be able light people on fire (Kettenkrads working on something like that)

Additional notes (not required):
Grenade Launchers?

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:47 am

I wish most guns didn't make the jetback not work well
cause it's really annoying when you order a lot of guns and they get stuck in a hole which you cant get out of with heavy weapons

IE
sniper rifle
minigun
Rocket launcher

I mean it would be okay if it made the fuel burn up quicker but at least don't make an ability of the game quit working
also I think your players should have more health cause even on the lowest difficulty levels it's pretty difficult

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Flying Ace wrote:
I wish most guns didn't make the jetback not work well
cause it's really annoying when you order a lot of guns and they get stuck in a hole which you cant get out of with heavy weapons

IE
sniper rifle
minigun
Rocket launcher

I mean it would be okay if it made the fuel burn up quicker but at least don't make an ability of the game quit working
also I think your players should have more health cause even on the lowest difficulty levels it's pretty difficult

The weapons stayed the same as the last build where you could fly everywhere, the jetpacks got nerfed big time.

I like the heavy sniper, massive damage without being overpowered.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:21 am

Gun: Long Rifle (Scoped)

Pros: The sharpaim is very long, like a true sniper rifle, and it looks true-to-concept.

Cons: Not powerful enough. Any sniper rifle that can't take off a dummy's head in under three shots isn't worthy of it's classification. I have seen a dummy take seven shots to the head from one of these.

Notes: Out of curiosity, why is the color so much lighter than it's unscoped variant? It looks like someone left it in the sun too long.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:24 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Seven shots? To the head? But it's gib wound limit is 3! Unless the shots were weak enough to not even wound it, it can't be possible.

Another weapon I like:

RPC

Pros:
Unique. There isn't another gun like that in any other game. It can damage either cutting or exploding. Can dig tunnels, open doors quickly and sometimes slice and kill many enemies in one shot.

Cons:
The chainsaw moves randomly after hitting something (many times, not all of them), and that can probably kill the firer.
Not much of a con, but it's a fun-fact that I don't like much.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next