View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Concerns About The Campaign 

Post Concerns About The Campaign
So I guess the campaign is supposed to be turn based and such, but is that really what CC is best at, turn based action? I haven't been able to actually play the campaign fully, only play as both player 1 and 2, but it seems like it's pretty slow paced. My concerns are that the campaign won't actually use CC to it's fullest potential. I was hoping for a story based campaign, and I think that would work best with CC. TheLastBanana's Prison Escape series is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. It was fast paced, and extremely fun. The campaign we have now seems pretty boring in comparison.

We could have Scenario Mode, which would have Skirmish Mode and all the other modes where you pretty much just jump right in, and then Campaign Mode, where we could launch missions like Prison Escape. This would not only clean up the menus a bit but also give us an unlimited number of campaigns.

Modders could create their own story based campaigns and release episodes on the forums and the DRL Developers could release their own campaigns through the Dev Log. The Dev Log would be updated often with the next episode to the campaign chapter being worked on. This would increase communication with the Devs and boost the populations confidence in them as well as boost CCs content value.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:36 am

Post Re: Concerns About The Campaign
afaik story based campaing is already planned.
Read Promster's "conceptArt" thread.
Sad thing is that we won't see it in nearest time.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:49 am
Profile ICQ
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Concerns About The Campaign
I was thinking the same, the campaign seems more like a game mode rather than a story mode.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]