View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 The Techion Faction 

Post Re: The Techion Faction
Can both of you conduct your petty fight via PM? I keep thinking someone is posting something constructive here.

Also, is there a chance we will see those solid black guns the Whitebots have in the concept art? I like the contrast.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Location: Deep in the land where T-rex Wield Katanas and sniper rifles
111herbert111 wrote:
Can both of you conduct your petty fight via PM? I keep thinking someone is posting something constructive here.

Also, is there a chance we will see those solid black guns the Whitebots have in the concept art? I like the contrast.

I think the solid black guns are a early concept of the pulsar, they might be a new weapons not exactly sure, or maybe they are a other gun that has been released already.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Miggles wrote:
Or maybe you can't let go of the fact that is is/was intended to be the goddamn final product, and
ahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhLghZb6nVw&feature=g-all-u
Quote:
Published on Jul 10, 2012 by DataRealms

http://twitter.com/DataRealms/status/223678162863783936
Quote:
12:20 AM - 13 Jul 12 via Data Realms SVN Robot

GunmanRex wrote:
111herbert111 wrote:

I think the solid black guns are a early concept of the pulsar, they might be a new weapons not exactly sure, or maybe they are a other gun that has been released already.

The sprites for the weapons seen in some concept art exist, but don't appear in the Techion arsenal due to some style changes of their weaponry.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:51 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I'm actually a bit conflicted over the techion gun sprites. I might go over all the guns at some point if/when I get the motivation for it and make them more true to concept art and such.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Lizardheim wrote:
I'm actually a bit conflicted over the techion gun sprites. I might go over all the guns at some point if/when I get the motivation for it and make them more true to concept art and such.

Awesome! and will you help solve the fight, Are the techion drones in the vid the final product?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:45 pm

GunmanRex wrote:
Lizardheim wrote:

Awesome! and will you help solve the fight, Are the techion drones in the vid the final product?

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Miggles wrote:
Or maybe you can't let go of the fact that is is/was intended to be the goddamn final product, and
ahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:

Quote:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:11 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
GunmanRex wrote:
Lizardheim wrote:

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Miggles wrote:
ahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:

Quote:

thanks, and can't wait to see the new sprites!

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:15 pm

To begin with incessant rants, I do hope to see the Badass brainbot in the intro video there, and the silver man ... is just not "techion-ish," I think, sorry to say this but I do appreciate Techions in their one-eyed, alien style. Look at Dummies they got no eyes, and all other factions got two, I don't think Techion is gonna be any special faction with two eyes...... or is it just my obsession with one-eyed bots...

But here's what I really wanted to say. I'm just gonna lay a catalogue of suggestions here.
1) I hope the Dummy CPU will be inspired and create another type of Dummy actor. Compared to other factions, just a standard-dummy and a dreadnought? That's it? Aah.....
2) Not a big fan of dummies, but their impulse cannon was my favorite, and I am very, VERY disappointed that the range was shortened and the reload time was prolonged like the destroyer cannon. Change the standards back for this dummy-ass gun.
3) Consider adding just one armored unit in the Ron's faction.
4) Consider adding a true human actor for a brain unit.
5) On account of Techions' highly developed technology (hey wuddaya know?! It's techion) I am looking forward to see some sort of high-end stuff, which I humbly sketched in my brain as subjects like "a hack device releasing an invisible electro-magnetic field that disables opposition's brain-to-body command in a certain range," and "cloaking shield generator that converts armor plating into invisible particles that the foes would not notice of the actor until direct contact or takes notice of noise, plus the generator runs on battery," and some little things like that (not too many though, give the other factions a chance).

Y'all Hail Datarealms.
Attachment:
File comment: Ashamed to put it up here for its lack of quality, but I just crammed out this piece in 20mins out of pure pang. YES, I do have that much spare time.
Techion DJazz.png
Techion DJazz.png [ 122.41 KiB | Viewed 6473 times ]

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:48 pm

RcherD wrote:
To begin with incessant rants, I do hope to see the Badass brainbot in the intro video there, and the silver man ... is just not "techion-ish," I think, sorry to say this but I do appreciate Techions in their one-eyed, alien style. Look at Dummies they got no eyes, and all other factions got two, I don't think Techion is gonna be any special faction with two eyes...... or is it just my obsession with one-eyed bots...

But here's what I really wanted to say. I'm just gonna lay a catalogue of suggestions here.
1) I hope the Dummy CPU will be inspired and create another type of Dummy actor. Compared to other factions, just a standard-dummy and a dreadnought? That's it? Aah.....
2) Not a big fan of dummies, but their impulse cannon was my favorite, and I am very, VERY disappointed that the range was shortened and the reload time was prolonged like the destroyer cannon. Change the standards back for this dummy-ass gun.
3) Consider adding just one armored unit in the Ron's faction.
4) Consider adding a true human actor for a brain unit.
5) On account of Techions' highly developed technology (hey wuddaya know?! It's techion) I am looking forward to see some sort of high-end stuff, which I humbly sketched in my brain as subjects like "a hack device releasing an invisible electro-magnetic field that disables opposition's brain-to-body command in a certain range," and "cloaking shield generator that converts armor plating into invisible particles that the foes would not notice of the actor until direct contact or takes notice of noise, plus the generator runs on battery," and some little things like that (not too many though, give the other factions a chance).

Y'all Hail Datarealms.
Attachment:
Techion DJazz.png

Trust me that picture is a lot better then I can do, + don't worry about pictures you make being low quality, share you artistic talents with the world! :grin:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:40 pm
Banned

Techion is OP IMO.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Crow wrote:
Techion is OP IMO.

Why do you think that?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm
Banned

Because they are made of metal and they have automatic laser guns, so they just fly at you and shoot a million lasers per second and you die before they do.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Your average Techion soldier is only slightly easier to kill than a Coalition heavy and has half the weight, so it flies farther and moves faster than you in addition to being hard to kill. Add that their basic pulse rifle outclasses pretty much every other assault rifle in the game, and you get a faction that's practically unstoppable.

And that's not including the Silver Men.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:41 pm

To compensate the Techion do have pretty crummy special heavy weapons (giga pulsar is solid though) and no explosives. I suppose the issue is that massed basic actors + pulse rifle is really all you need to brute-force most battles.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 am

tankmayvin wrote:
To compensate the Techion do have pretty crummy special heavy weapons (giga pulsar is solid though) and no explosives. I suppose the issue is that massed basic actors + pulse rifle is really all you need to brute-force most battles.

Well the did say things about a nano-swarm grenade,
Crow wrote:
Because they are made of metal and they have automatic laser guns, so they just fly at you and shoot a million lasers per second and you die before they do.

well frankly any time you fight the A.I and they have a assault rifle you die quickly

and just re-downloaded the game, found the techion in them, time to disappear.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5