View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 CC Mods Rendition 

Post Re: [Update] CC Mods Rendition
4zK wrote:
Would it be too much to ask for an Untitled mercenary? -w-

Sure, I do take requests, especially from modders. Can you get them a title though? :D

I will be drawing Darkstorm, but really, they look so cool on their own, rendering them might not do them justice. Coming up will be more Pelians and SAW.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 am

I'd love to see my Derelict Robot, Goliath, or Lazarus Revenant graced with an artistic rendition.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:57 am

thesoupiest wrote:
I'd love to see my Derelict Robot, Goliath, or Lazarus Revenant graced with an artistic rendition.

I vote Revenant.

The undead just never get enough love, if you ask me.

Oh, speaking of which, how about some of Geti's Zombies '09 zombies? Assuming, of course, that I didn't already suggest that, because then I'd feel like an idiot.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Although I don't own any mods, I'd really like to see some Bears federation mechs, since troops are just ordinary Special Forces men :oops:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:08 pm

I think i already mentioned this, but sweet ♥♥♥♥ this is awesome and you are awesome for doing it. I'm overjoyed to see my green dudes illustrated in macroscopic scale! :grin:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:35 pm
Profile WWW

What program you use to make these? I'm thinking of making some of these, and, if you let me, share them with you. No need to give me credit, in fact, you can even take the credit.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:01 am

Might it be feasible to use these drawings as promotional art for the fan forum? I don't know how much mention there is on the main page of the great resources here, and these would be great for attracting attention to the forums.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:09 am

Nocifer wrote:
Might it be feasible to use these drawings as promotional art for the fan forum? I don't know how much mention there is on the main page of the great resources here, and these would be great for attracting attention to the forums.

Yeah, and how about advertising banners for websites?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:07 am

But then Data would have to pay TDC, and I doubt that Data would want to spend any extra money than is needed.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:41 am

Yeah, I don't think any actual advertising needs to be done. Just put 'em somewhere where they'll draw attention to the forums, that's all I had in mind.

Because, let's be honest, these totally make me want to play with mods that I lost interest in a long time ago.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 am

nice drawings, do you use a tablet just out of question?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:58 am

Nocifer wrote:

These images are sub-par if used for promotion. It will take much more effort to make actual promotional material, which I want to do, once I have better skills and motivation.

Bombzero wrote:
nice drawings, do you use a tablet just out of question?

Yes, a tablet. Those without a screen.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:42 am

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
humility

Yeah, see, that'd be a lot more credible if the vast majority of us weren't at the level of talent where an attempt at this would amount to a stick figure with "CC mod" written below it. I mean, I can't speak for anyone else, but that's about where I'd be.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:50 am

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
It will take much more effort to make actual promotional material, which I want to do, once I have better skills and motivation.

Heh. If you plan on going into that field, You could be hired on as DRL's chief of advertisement.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:03 am

Not as much humility as knowing the limits of these pictures. THIS is promotional material. Fully rendered, detailed, and properly laid-out.

I want to do a similar picture, with CC mod characters filling their places, using similar semi-realistic style. I'm far less skilled than Promster, but I have confidence I can turn up something visually similar. Take this as an example. Took me A LOT of time.

Promster is the chief artwork + advert guy around, and he's a professional. I admire his style and skills. I doubt if I warrant a paid job around here.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next