View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09)
Playing the latest version on Steam. Campaign, CPU: Dummy, Coalition, Ronin. Somehow in the last mission defending CPU spawned pre-deployed units from all CPU factions. It had ronins, next to dummies and coals fighting against my Techion.

UPD:

Looks like presets are saved on per-site basis which is very annoying.

If I obtained the location without battle and scaning, then when this site is attacked by enemy my brain just spawns in the sky without dropship and AA-drone.

The whole battle budget idea still feels weird, I have like 7K of gold but when I'm attacked I can use just 1.5K left from the previous battle on this site and can easily loose thanks to this.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 am

You can't put brains through doors after the door has been around (already built) for a few seconds.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:37 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Sometimes player brain spawned unarmed.

Seam bug still present.

Sometimes there are multiple troops of multiple factions at pre-deployed points.

Once I've seen some teamless unit lurking in the destroyed base, was probably pre-deployed by some team.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm running the 32bit version on an AMD64 pc. I'm not sure about the circumstances, but Cortex Command occasionally closes at seemingly random times. I was trying to play a two player campaign with a friend and two AIs, but We were only able to get to day two or three before this bug would occur. The game just exits with no warning, and the terminal I ran the game from just says "Aborted".

Also, the jetpack and rocket sounds are pretty obnoxious on Linux. It's like they are clipping or something.

Overall, I've been impressed how well it runs, but the abortion problem is a big barrier to multiplayer, which is the funnest part!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 pm
Profile WWW

Here's a new one, same computer as above: In a campaign against three AI opponents, I was in the middle of a battle against two of them. I pressed Esc and it brought me to the overworld screen. When I clicked "continue battle" (or whatever the button says) the game completely froze, and I was unable to get back to the desktop.

I got some help getting linux responsive again, and here's what my helper has to say about it:
Quote:
CortexCommand.bin had apparently locked up the window manager session. alt+tab would not switch to the desktop. So I went to the root console with ctrl-alt-F1. This is Linux Mint 13 so I used "mdm start" twice and then ctrl+alt+F9 to get to the new WM session. We logged in and looked at the process monitor. There were double of all the WM support processes, so evidently the previous session was not crashed. We tried to "end" CortexCommand.bin with no success, then "kill" it, at which point its status changed to "zombie" and it still didn't die. However, it was a change, so I tried ctrl+alt+F8 to get to the old session and it worked again. Otherwise we would have restarted the computer and lost the gdb backtrace terminal output.

Here is the GDB terminal output, including the backtrace:
Code:
~/Games/CortexCommand_1.0rc1_i686 $ gdb CortexCommand.bin
GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4-2012.04-0ubuntu2) 7.4-2012.04
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://bugs.launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/>...
Reading symbols from /home/username/Games/CortexCommand_1.0rc1_i686/CortexCommand.bin...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb)
(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/username/Games/CortexCommand_1.0rc1_i686/CortexCommand.bin
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0xf7852b40 (LWP 9792)]
[New Thread 0xf63ecb40 (LWP 9793)]
Attempting to start PulseAudio sound driver
[New Thread 0xf5b5ab40 (LWP 9794)]
Initialized sound against PulseAudio sound driver.
[Error] OpenAL Error: Invalid Value.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x080ec19b in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x080ec19b in ?? ()
#1  0x083d7dfc in ?? ()
#2  0x083d8815 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xffffd8bc
(gdb)

I hope this info is some help for fixing this bug. :)

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Looks like if some bunker module is not assigned to any group it won't appear in base-design menu. For example Base.rte/Roof Screen is currently not available in 1.05, but I've added it to Bunker Backgrounds and everything is ok. There are probably other lost modules in base.rte.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:52 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

If you include Riot Shield (or probably any HeldDevice) in loadout the metagame will crash after the battle (I guess when it autosaves before the next battle or something).

Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm

While i was playing the campaign, after i finished building a bunker (Which didn't take over 1000 funds) I was left with -29934568 funds. :shock: What causes this?

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:12 pm

MOSRotating Travelling Through Doors/Actors
MOSRotating and AEmitters travelling too fast will go through walls/actors. This really limits some interesting effects that can be achieved imo.

Perhaps I'm not using AtomGroup / DeepGroup properly? Anyways.. MOPixels and MOSParticles seem to handle the exact same AtomGroup properties while going at velocities of up to 400 or so while the MOSRotating and AEmitters require the particle to be travelling at under 80 (ish) velocity.

I would propose that a new line is added to define a bounding box (DefineBoundingBox 0/1/2/3) around MOSRotating (off/box/rectangle/hexagon at which point OFF tries to calculate the whole object again.. and then set this (0) as default so most mods still work by default) and then raycast those (box/rectangle/hexagon 4 points/4 points/6 points) the same as MOPixels/MOSParticle to detect collision.. Specifically for GibImpulseLimit triggering of MOSRotating (because a sound on gib is so satisfying). Also add a ShowBoundingBox option to debug it.

Maybe there's a better way to do this btw, I'm just throwing ideas out there but the main problem is that MOSRotating and AEmitter will go through doors/actors if they travel too fast and it just looks wrong not to mention limits some of the best achievable effects because of sound/GibWoundLimit/particle emission properties that belong to these objects.

The benefits? Better collision detection of MOSRotating would potentially allow objects to impact with doors/actors instead of travelling straight through them. While this condition is rare, it just looks weird currently when objects can pass through doors/actors.

(And yes, HitsMOs was 1 for all the testing)

Sharpness of AEmitter Dictating how AI Aim HeldDevices
This can cause problems for modders, too. Not sure what can be changed though. I know it only activates if the sharpness is greater than 1, but sometimes the sharpness needs to be greater than 1 for adjustment to world purposes already. Perhaps have a new variable altogether on AddAmmo = Round for AI to use for determining where to aim, and if it's less than 1, use the round FireVelocity instead. Anything but sharpness.. :P

If this is added and breaks peoples mods (but probably wont?), I will personally help fix every mod that has been successfully completed with 1.0/1.05. I'm sure though, modders will just do it themselves if necessary.

(Although I suppose there's a way around this.. by changing up the mass and RecoilTransmission after changing the sharpness.. it just seems like this is the wrong way to go about it though)

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:07 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

If I load a scene using SceneMan:LoadScene and it contains Brain deployments the game crashes as soon as open pie-menu or try to switch actors. I tried to delete all added actors or set all player's brains to nil and nothing helped. Also actors in deployments are spawned with team = -1.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:37 pm

When I shoot down an enemy dropship the game crashes with a "Cortex Command needs to quit" message, with no error report.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Surprised no one has mentioned this, or perhaps I haven't seen it. Regardless:

When playing a Campaign with AI's, There is a bug where my ally never shows up. Me and My AI ally will try to conquer a site owned by my enemies (AI). When the match starts, even though every player sent money and a brain, Only me, and both of my enemies appear, making it a 1v2 instead of a 2v2....

Same applies vice versa, so if an enemy attacks a site owned by me and my ally, though we both have money invested in a base, only my brain appears to defend.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 am

I found a way to significantly reduce lag when fighting anything fleshy with weapons that cause massive damage, and look more realistic;

In Base.rte/Effects.ini change 'Drop Blood' to have a LifeTime of 450. Because each pixel is something like 5~10cm, the excessive blood from certain weapons looks very awkward without this small change, not to mention it leaves more room for other particles to be calculated.

Data, you may want to consider actually putting this in the main build in the future.

Can I request an 'Ideas and Suggestions' thread? It may reveal some ideas that people have had, like this, that could be useful.

Edit: Or at least LifeTime = 1500 or something.. hmm.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45418

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Persistent bug where an actor (I've only had bipedal actors do this. Mostly the brain bot) walks over a certain part of the map and explodes. Can be underground, or above ground, but if walking on that space (Invisible vertical line) they blast into pieces. I haven't seen it happen to any AI controlled units. Run on windows 7, through steam, no mods (clean install).

I remember playing Cortex Command months ago, and this bug was the reason I stopped. I do hope it gets fixed, one day.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next