View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09) 

Post Re: Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09)
One detail related to "gold dig AI doesn't work" seems to be related to if the actor has other equipment. For both gold dig and underground "go to", I'd find the actor had switched to another tool (like scanner), probably when the digger needed to reload. I *think* having them drop their scanners made things less bad, although they still seem to stand around doing nothing in many cases, even when there is obvious gold quite nearby.

In one instance, I had one tunneling on "go to" orders, and they switched from the digger to the concrete gun, with ridiculous results.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:33 am

The seam gib seems to ONLY affect the enemies for me. None of my units have been killed by it since 1.0 has been released, but there is a very high chance that it will kill enemy soldiers when they pass over it. Why? Not sure.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Post Re: Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports
Kettenkrad wrote:
One of my mods is loading in, but the firearms aren't appearing in the buy menu. I've made sure that they're all buyable, etc.

This isn't related, is it?

EDIT: Fix'd
EDIT: Not fix'd :/

Hi, I had the same problem, i have one suggestion, i just made some experiments with mods (UniTec , i know, not much, but i'm new in this game) :) And what i saw: when you uninstall the mod from CC, it works perfectly, and this kind of problem never occured to me again, so maybe its UniTec's problem, not CC's ?

Again, when i uninstalled the UniTec mod, the game stopped crashing when i wanted to end my turn in campaign mode (i saw this kind of sequence with UniTec installed, i play campaign, and i play for 4-6 campaign days normally, and then the game start crashing every time i end my turn (it autosaves the money, captured places and etc.) but when i restart game, i have 2x more money than i had before, and after my turn the game crashes again...

Da fug? i mean, maybe its not generally CC problem, but maybe some kind of help can be given ? :)

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm

sniz wrote:
I'm having the unending campaign issue occasionally as well. Not every time but some.

Also having the basically unusable X360 controller issue on mac. The cursor goes to the top left screen and only the left and right trigger can temporarily displace it; everything else seems unresponsive.

Exact same problem re controller. Its weird i can use the two triggers (Its like some kind of frustrating flash game, you use one at about a half way to go left and the other about half way to go down. Amazing) to navigate the menu to change it back to keyboard etc but god damn is it confusing me. It seems to register the shoulder buttons as the analogue, and also registers the buttons as always ON. Its ♥♥♥♥ and i cant even fix it by making a custom setting it just does not recognise the sticks unless i click the button on them.

It would amazing if i could get it to work, i know with that game overgrowth i had an identical problem but was able to fix it by changing the shoulder values to +0.5 instead of - 0.5 in its .ini

Can someone point me in the direction of the controller script in the c.c contents?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Bug: Dropship - Explodes after Return is Selected

Situation:
When the explosion happened, I was able to replicate the problem multiple times. The main condition seems to be when during manual control the ship (after the DS has hovered for a short period), pick up several items to several actors, and transfer control back to AI via the Return command. The DS will immediately explode thereafter.

Thoughts: Would the new mass detect script have anything to do with this?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:16 am

Bug: Corrupted screen in-game (not in menus) if "PostProcessing" is set to 0 in Settings.ini and the window is scaled 2x

Screenshot:

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 pm

The new AI is just awful. Is there any way how to revert it back to that of B27?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Still got an installed copy of B27? Base.rte/Actors/AI has all the files you should need.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:18 am
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
Base.rte/Actors/AI

Herp derp how do I not thought of that.

I just thought there was something that prevented me from using the old AI but apparently there wasn't.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:31 am

Hi

I'm playing with the linux version 1.0rc1 from the Humble indi bundle.

Unfortunatelly the 1.0rc1 is not stable, in fact it is more unstable than b26 was.

The game simply crashes when there is a firefight (well with is often in skmirsh):

Quote:
manuel@kobold /mnt/data/games/linux/cortex $ ./CortexCommand
Attempting to start ALSA sound driver
Initialized sound against ALSA sound driver.
[Error] OpenAL Error: Invalid Value.
Shutting down Allegro due to signal #11
./CortexCommand: line 4: 20446 Segmentation fault ./CortexCommand.bin "$@"
manuel@kobold /mnt/data/games/linux/cortex $

Or

Quote:
manuel@kobold /mnt/data/games/linux/cortex $ ./CortexCommand
Attempting to start ALSA sound driver
Initialized sound against ALSA sound driver.
./CortexCommand: line 4: 20056 Aborted ./CortexCommand.bin "$@"

I'm pllaying on amd64 Gentoo.

Thanks for fixing

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 pm

If I leave a particular scripted weapon ("A") on the ground, have another particular scripted weapon ("B") in the inventory of an actor but not equipped, win the round (campaign), start another round there, and pick the first weapon (A) back up, it sometimes has the the script of the the second weapon (B).

Also, switching windows sometimes makes it so the space bar stops working for skipping things, such as the intro, or the many notifications in the campaign.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:18 pm

When i am on my game i cant get into fullscreen using the regulay method and going 2x windowed does nothing i believe this is a bug that doesnt a llow 64bit processors to work properly in fullscreen so i would like to know if you have any ideas im completely stuck.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 am

Ben15217 wrote:
When i am on my game i cant get into fullscreen using the regulay method and going 2x windowed does nothing i believe this is a bug that doesnt a llow 64bit processors to work properly in fullscreen so i would like to know if you have any ideas im completely stuck.
I can guarantee fullscreen works fine on my 64-bit system. Have you tried going fullscreen in a lower resolution, like 800x600 (or some similarly-sized widescreen resolution)?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 am

Ben15217 wrote:

It does nothing because you're trying to use your screen's native resolution in a window, which with borders would be bigger than the screen, and so it doesn't work.

Hit Alt+Enter or switch to a lower resolution first, then go back up.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm

I have already tried in every resolution it just comes up pink or black and using every resolution plus the 2x windowed doesn't work

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next