View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09) 

Post Re: Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports
One of my mods is loading in, but the firearms aren't appearing in the buy menu. I've made sure that they're all buyable, etc.

This isn't related, is it?

EDIT: Fix'd
EDIT: Not fix'd :/

Last edited by Kettenkrad on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:11 am

After re-adding the files that were deleted from 1.0, the game crashes when loading my TC mod, at Metagames.rte:

I would appreciate some help getting this resolved :-)

Anyhow, here is a modern mod build, should be free of INI troubles and allow easy verification of the bug or bugs still occurring in the Metagame code or other areas that are breaking TCs :-)

Oh, and I get the same bug Kettenkrad does in the DebugConsole, but nothing else about which purchase list, etc.

"ERROR: Tried to set an override purchase list with no delivery craft defined. Using a default instead."

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:17 am

Luringen wrote:
Grenades still randomly blow up in your face.

Confirmed. Went to throw a grenade, it went off in my clone's hand, removing his arm like a kid misfiring firecrackers at a fourth of july party. Except more deadly. Because it's a grenade.

Also, I won a 1v1 campaign, Imperatus vs Techion. The Techion faction was at 0 brains, but didn't lose, so the game kept going on forever.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:04 am

Right after you start the game, pressing ESC in the main menu or even in the Options/Controls or Game Editor menu will exit the game automatically, without a prompt. If you're going back to the main menu after doing other things, you will get a prompt to confirm exiting but not the first time.

Also, not really a bug but the game needs to have different font sizes. On my two laptops, the text is just barely readable, even if I lower the resolution to 640x480.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:48 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Defending AI brain was just dropped from the sky without any dropship or support.

Another bug when defence activity started the screen was looped in some insane endless scroll until I placed my brain somewhere. I had something like this when used SceneMan:SetScrollTarget which passed the scene seam.

UPD:

When I killed all enemy brains game didn't end and still gives me money while not doing anything else.

UPD:

Don't know if I'm just lucky, but I selected all AI's to be random and somehow they're all imperatus.

UPD:

Last alive AI player spent all his brains and gold, then sold nonexisting brain and it's brain count became negative.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:27 pm

on day 2 , max 3 , my available cash went from something around 800-1200 to a value ressembling -2147483648 .
I had to do a defense at zero budget, the AI grabbed a site without anything I could do , the budget updates still happened ( -256 for tradestar, +1000 from my first site ) , then the budget got rid of it's negative sign, so I effectively had infinite cash for the rest of the campaign.

sorry for the lack of precision and reproductibility info :/

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:16 pm

weegee wrote:
UPD:

Last alive AI player spent all his brains and gold, then sold nonexisting brain and it's brain count became negative.

Something similar happened to me. I don't remember if he was the last remaining AI, but he started going into the negative and actually got as far as -2 Brains by the end of the game.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Both cursors are still visible on OS X. It's not game breaking, but it's annoying.

More majorly, at the end of a four player campaign, I was unable to shoot enemies. The bullets would pass right through them, but their bodies would still collide. Occasionally one of the actors would be able to be shot, but the vast majority acted as if I was friendly. They could still shoot my brain though. This happened between the Coalition and the Ronin.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:14 pm

I posted this before but i dont think i put enough details.

I'm playing the game on Steam using Win7 64bit.

The game crashed to desktop when i was using the editor.

I clicked on the 'Game Editor' button in the main menu,
then i clicked on the 'Area Editor' button,
in the Load Scene window i picked 'Physics Test',
then the level would load up and i clicked and dragged some box shapes,
i then used the Wheel Menu to select 'Test Scene' and it immediately crashed to the desktop.

I've tried about 4 or 5 times and it happens every time.
I've looked at other parts of the editor but not all of it and no other CTD.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:53 pm

When i am attacking digging site which previously has been conquered by two AI's I get to fight with remote bodies of both AI factions (but digging site belongs to one AI, so i dont get it). There was same problem in b27, except aforementioned bodies would start shooting each other.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Don't know if this should be here, but the file LoadoutsP1.ini (the one that gives you presets for scenarios that aren't campaign) has a coalition soldier with the Heavy Sniper Rifle, and it is suposed to be unbuyable.

So there's a fluff contradiction there, specially considering that both Heavy Rifles, the Coalition and Imperatus ones have the same description.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:29 pm

So ummm... Is it just me, or is survival mode horribly broken? Gold diggers don't dig, but what's worse, AI doesn't do anything. I just have an immobile fortress, it's like Minecraft castles all over again. Also, I believe I have posted a similar message somewhere else on the boards and I have no clue where and why. Please forgive me, it's 2 AM.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:42 am

In campaign, I've been playing around with 1v3 matches in general, and have found a couple bugs, related most likely to the number of entities on the map at any given time.

I've often landed in an enemy location, and found that they continually bring in more and more troops via dropship above their base. This often ends in disaster, as the ships eventually dig huge holes where they get stuck, and are forced to scuttle. But more alarmingly, when most of them do make it successfully, the map becomes extremely laggy and overpopulated.

As a side-effect of the over-population, friendly and enemy AI alike take to shooting randomly as if they're aiming at something, and flailing around like sock monkeys. This isn't just a nuisance, either. Often times, I'd be digging for gold with my brain, or doing something else, trying to cope, when suddenly, my brain case explodes randomly, or gets shot.

Apparently the enemies manage to land a hit despite being nowhere near the spot, which I believe is related to the random shooting.

I've done this intentionally on my own bases, as well, and the results become a bit messed up. Enemies stop registering as having taken any hits, as do friendlies. Friendlies don't notice enemies at all, or aim at enemies and don't fire. Or friendlies fire randomly, same for attackers.

I once sat around for 2 hours in a match, waiting for several of my soldiers to spontaneously explode (not sure how, probably related to the brain-case getting it, as I mentioned earlier), just so the game could restore the ability to actually injure enemies in the match. Other times, since the enemies weren't doing any damage to my guys, I just had to smother the brain case using some ULTRA-RAMMING BODY-SLAMMING ACTION.

That's about it for what I've encountered. Related effects can be achieved through the destruction of a dropship containing an obscene number of entities, or simply building a base with 50+ units in it. Or 100+. I didn't count them when I was building mine.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 am

If you take over a non-controled place and don't scan the surface first or tell it to scan later and have no other players atempting to take the place at the same time you can't see anything on the planet in Design Base, it needs to be left on auto build as you can't build without seeing the planet very well.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:41 am

@ herobago: There is a way around this right now. Scan the Site clicking "NOW" instead of later. You will still have to watch it scan for a while, but at least you can see what you are building :wink:.

The AI autofights need to be a bit more random. Now if an AI gets a couple locations, he starts steamrolling the other AI's, even if he spends the same amount on attacking. :x

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next