View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09) 

Post Re: Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09)
im not sure if any of you have this problem but on skirmish defense it starts out normal with only 1 faction attacking but after i beat skirmish defense and tried endless skirmish defense i notice that at first the enemy sent in dummy's and then silver men and coalition heavy's and then spamming hordes of coalition heavy's and dummy's with the occasional silver man and dreadnought. and here is the strange part, every single one of them was using dummy repeaters and no other guns! not even other dummy guns they where just using repeaters. i was thinking maybe endless skirmish defense is bugged out so i went back to playing just regular skirmish defense but then it also started to have this bug.
im really frustrated cause of this! i miss being able to fight only one faction rather than having to fight every faction except brown coats and ronin.

(P.S. AI still drops bombs on my guys)

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Minor bugs:

During the campaign, when the AI runs out of cash they become stagnant rather than being eliminated. Same thing happens when they run out of brains. Yesterday I played and the AI had -1 brains and they weren't eliminated they just stopped doing anything.

In the beginning, when you win a land uncontested and tell the game to "scan later", you end up not scanning at all. The next day you no longer have the option of scanning the land because you now are the owner. When you go to build your bunker the whole landscape is black due to having never scanned and now having no option to scan. At this point the only way to construct a bunker is to have the AI do it.

Excellent game. Love it.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:10 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The AI tech is picked at random, so if you are unlucky you get to fight the same tech several times i a row. I will see if i can fix that. The repeater-spam I can't explain since the Dummy tech has four heavy weapons. It sounds almost like the random number generator is conspiring against you.

A dummy AI dropping Silver Men is a side effect of the Dummy tech not having any heavy infantry, so when they order some they buy it from other techs at a higher price. I chose to do it this way since the other option was to use the predefined load-outs like in the campaign which quickly become predictable.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:24 pm

When i put my cortex command into 1366 x 768 it changes back to VGA. -unable to set specified graphics mode because: unable to find a suitable graphics driver!-
also, when i try to put cortex command in full screen it just turns pink/black.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:04 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I don't know if someone proposed this before, but I really think that scenes must presume that MetagamePlayable = 0 by default.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 pm

The game crashes when I try to design a base in the campaign.

Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:01 am

On my campaign when i start it apparently i have always allocated my money to something but as i just started i don't have anything to use it on so this makes it so i cant even play the campaign it only does it on factions that are not from the vanilla game.
can anyone help?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 pm

If I add doors to a bunker, it instantly makes the brain placement invalid, kind of annoying that I can't have doors in a base.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:07 pm

MidnightMuffin wrote:
If I add doors to a bunker, it instantly makes the brain placement invalid, kind of annoying that I can't have doors in a base.

It depends on the gameplay mode, skirmish defense works fine, but Survival does not.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:19 pm

amcoops wrote:
I discovered and purchased the game recently on Steam and I'm really enjoying it. However, there's a bug that's pretty much stopping me from playing the game.

My units randomly die. Usually after quite a lengthy game my units (whether they be robots, humans or a brain bot) just randomly explode, it only happens when I'm in control of it. I can't actually do anything with this happening, I was planning an assault on an AI bunker, had everything planned out and then my miner just blew up. So I got a new one in, he died, so I decided to approach the bunker from another angle and my assault robot dies. After a while all that's left is my brain bot and the other droid thing you begin with. So I decide approaching the bunker from underground with my brain bot, then he died and I lost.

This needs to be fixed asap, I can't play the game!

I have the Steam version as well, and this keeps happening to me, sometimes immediately after landing in a new gold site. But I think I caught it doing it. There were gibs flying back and forth on the same vertical path after a hell of a fight on the surface, and stepping into them killed my bot. I was invading, if that makes any difference.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:11 am

I noticed that the AI is often afraid to use weapons that shoot something else than MOPixels, such as MOSRotatings or AEmitters - probably presuming they're something explosive or hazardous to the firer.

Many of my weapons work with AEmitters that emit the damaging particle, but the AI is still afraid to use them in close ranges. Oddly enough, they shoot either when there's a large distance in between you and them, or when you're right next to them, close enough to touch them.

There should be a property with HDFirearms that defines the distance where the gun is safe to fire - and when it's not - and whether it's safe to use when teammates are near.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:24 am

If I command a drop ship to "stay" up in the air, sometimes it will stay and other times it will descend to surface.

Using keyboard only:

When I bring up the dial menu, choosing a direction sometimes makes it freak out. It highlights and option, then stops highlighting. Happens very often, I have to switch bodies a couple of times to fix it (it persists with a single body).

After a certain number of key-presses, no response to keys. Usually happens when I am trying to crouch, sharp aim and shoot. As far as I noticed, this is the only combination that overloads the keyboard.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 pm

I posted this bug for b27 as well, but whenever I design a base in campaign, every actor I place inside of it is set to patrol by default.

This causes them to wander off from their assigned positions, tumbling down vertical passageways, walking outside etc. And it's so quick that by the time I select each of them and tell them to sentry they're all hopelessly out of place, and it takes several minutes of painful unnecessary micro to get them back in position.

This bug is so annoying that I no longer ever bother with designing my own base.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 pm

In the tutorial trying to kill the crab crashes the game. :(
I'm running the Linux amd64 1.0rc1 build.
I tried using the Light Digger with the starting robot 4 times and 2 times buying the first preset I found and using a SMG.
I got 2 kind of errors:

1) with the Light Digger:
Shutting down Allegro due to signal #11
./CortexCommand: line 4: 18421 Segmentation fault ./CortexCommand.bin "$@"

2) with both Light Digger and SMG:
[Error] OpenAL Error: Invalid Value.
./CortexCommand: line 4: 22287 Aborted ./CortexCommand.bin "$@"

I think this bug was there before.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Not exactly a bug, but god damn, the rightclick control wheel thing this game has going on is clumsy as ♥♥♥♥.

Makes it take far more time than it should take to like, pick up a weapon (especially important if your being shot at) or to swap to another weapon (why doesn't this happen automatically if weapon #1 is destroyed?)

Also, whenever I make a dude crouch, and then deselect him, he stands up again. Again, not necessarily a bug, but something I imagine is easy to fix and which would improve the game

Lastly, dudes set to sentry have a habit of like, chasing enermies, walking to nearby guns to trade up (I think thats what they're doing) and doing other autonomous actions. Every single time I've seen this it leads to the actor's brutal and painful death. Sentry should mean 'stand there and do nothing soldier!' or failing that, we need an option that switches off the artificial 'intelligence' because it's really, really, really bad

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next