View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Cortex Command 1.0 feedback thread (+ and -) 

Post Cortex Command 1.0 feedback thread (+ and -)
So I noticed no one has made one yet and already i have a few little gripes with the game. I also have a few things i'd like to say that i love that are new to 1.0

first off it seems dig mode is still broken or is pretty bugged. if that's something you're working on still then whatever.

secondly this has been a bug for a while but if you get an npc to dig while they have a sprayer or a scanner in their pack they will try to dig with said scanner or sprayer instead of the digger.

thirdly i noticed the AI doesn't seem to deploy AA, or know when to retreat.

there were more other things as well but i've forgotten... *very helpful dude!* well i'm going to be playing much more as these are the things i've spotted just on the first playthrough. plus hopefully other people will contribute to this thread to make CC a more serviceable game.

as for things done right you guys pretty much nailed the ronin on the head. i mean really they are probably the most fun faction to play now because of how randomized they are. i noticed the heavies use various armor bits found on other faction's uniforms. very awesome touch at how you not only randomized heads for normal conscripts but you also randomized the heavy's loadout in addition to the head beneath the helmet.

the dropping of a sentry drone with the brain bot was also a very good idea, perhaps being able to customize the first drop before you send them in? like when you first get to a map you're not just waiting for the initial dropship to come in. when you first start a map you're greeted with a buy menu. you can purchase any craft you want and additional troops and other things but the most important bit of the initial drop would be it would have to include a brain bot with the drop.

oh, and the obvious, workshop support. i know it's an ongoing thing you devs are aware of but if this game had workshop support considering the scalability of the modding scene it would probably be the best workshop for any game.

not only that but mods would be rated on quality so you won't have to sift through tons of ♥♥♥♥ to get a gem.

i just kind of wanted to emphasize the whole workshop thing and how it's perfect for CC, but i don't want to dwell on it. i'd just like to make a statement at how wonderful it would be and leave it at that, an opinion, not a nosy and annoying demand. one more person who supports it completely and would love nothing more than to see it sometime in the future.

Last edited by NeoSeeker on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:43 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Cortex Command 1.0 feedback thread (+ and -)
Really love that techions are so fast. Cut through Imperatus like butter and even killed the behemoth all by themselves.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:49 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Techion OP, noted.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:01 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Lizardheim wrote:
Techion OP, noted.

But expensive. I guess they must be even more expensive, especially the actors as they are quite tough.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Mouse movement is fixed...I am happy. :D

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 am

The AI doesn't seem to make any attempt to avoid anti-air. I had 3 attacks on a base where they tried to land right over the anti-air. Needless to say it was a quick victory each time. Also, the enemy AI didn't seem to care if I had a unit walking up to their mining brain until it's view was unobstructed by any dirt.

Techion are fun as hay to run around the field with. If you really plan on nerfing them, I hope it at least doesn't affect their mobility too much.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:46 am

The new scenario's pretty fun. Took me an hour or two to finally beat the damn thing, though.

Edit: Also, I'm happy that Techion and Imperatus are fully fleshed out factions now, instead of placeholders. Imperatus didn't have guns and Techion didn't have actors.

Also also, does anyone else miss the Coalition Heavy Sniper? :<

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:06 am

orangebottle wrote:

It's still there, look for the Imperatus sniper.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:38 am

orangebottle wrote:

Imperatus has it, it's called the marauder now.
(It's also still in one of the presets for the coalition ;) )

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:41 am

Bombzero wrote:

Ninja'd you ;P

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:47 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Bombzero wrote:
orangebottle wrote:

Nope it's called the Banshee HSR-02

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:44 am

I was kinda hoping that launch trailer song was an actual game BGM. One can only hope...

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm still in the middle of my first campaign right now but i've already thought of some little things that i think might improve gameplay.

1. At campaign start screen there should be a randomize button that would decide the number of a.i. players and starting brains and starting money etc.

2. You should be able to choose precisely how much we want to spend per turn. Let us type in the number of credits to spend as well as having the slider option.

3. When using the buy menu to bring reinforcements etc, there should be a 'clear all' button. When i want to buy stuff quickly i have to click on each previously bought item individually to clear it from the buy list and it takes too long and too many mouse clicks.

4. There should be an option to spy and watch battles between the other enemy a.i. at locations you are not present. This could come at a cost of some credits.

5. There should be an option to sell the unwanted/unused weapons and items that litter the planet surface after a player turn. This could be a slider to decide what the weapons would sell for, like 10% or 50% etc of its original value. This could maybe make people or a.i. collect them and store them in piles to be defended and fought over adding another strategic option to the gameplay.

6. I was surprised that i was able to access weapons and items from all of the different manufacturers/factions at the beginning of my game. I think there should be an option for each player to only have access to one of the manufacturers with maybe access to other types of stuff via items dropped on the planet surface.

If that isn't doable then i think there should at least be some kind of tech-tree approach to the weapons where technology would have to be developed and upgraded and maybe helped out by finding certain artefacts buried in the ground. Finding certain rare unique goodies deep in the earth would be good as well and encourage exploration.

So what do you guys think?

Ok then thats me for now. I'm going to play some more CC

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Kitanode wrote:
I'm still in the middle of my first campaign right now but i've already thought of some little things that i think might improve gameplay.

1. At campaign start screen there should be a randomize button that would decide the number of a.i. players and starting brains and starting money etc.

2. You should be able to choose precisely how much we want to spend per turn. Let us type in the number of credits to spend as well as having the slider option.

3. When using the buy menu to bring reinforcements etc, there should be a 'clear all' button. When i want to buy stuff quickly i have to click on each previously bought item individually to clear it from the buy list and it takes too long and too many mouse clicks.

4. There should be an option to spy and watch battles between the other enemy a.i. at locations you are not present. This could come at a cost of some credits.

5. There should be an option to sell the unwanted/unused weapons and items that litter the planet surface after a player turn. This could be a slider to decide what the weapons would sell for, like 10% or 50% etc of its original value. This could maybe make people or a.i. collect them and store them in piles to be defended and fought over adding another strategic option to the gameplay.

6. I was surprised that i was able to access weapons and items from all of the different manufacturers/factions at the beginning of my game. I think there should be an option for each player to only have access to one of the manufacturers with maybe access to other types of stuff via items dropped on the planet surface.

If that isn't doable then i think there should at least be some kind of tech-tree approach to the weapons where technology would have to be developed and upgraded and maybe helped out by finding certain artefacts buried in the ground. Finding certain rare unique goodies deep in the earth would be good as well and encourage exploration.

So what do you guys think?

Ok then thats me for now. I'm going to play some more CC

3) Just keep clicking at the top of the list, it takes seconds to clear the loadout.

4) Makes no sense, as you would either a) only see the scanned surface which is useless, or b) see what all units see which would be terribly unbalanced. I agree bot vs bot battles would be fun to watch, but it is not something that can/should be in the metagame.

6) Definitly no. In case you didn't notice, they cost 4x times their normal price, so you rarely if ever buy them anyways, but it's nice to have the option. It's very balanced with the insane price.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:45 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

And as for number 5), you can load a dropship full of stuff and fly it to the Tradestar to sell the contents.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next