View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Cortex Command 1.0 feedback thread (+ and -) 

Post Re: Cortex Command 1.0 feedback thread (+ and -)
makute wrote:
No need to feel sorry pal, it's a civilized discussion what we are having here :)

It's not your suggestions that worries me, but the general "don't mess with that... it's okay the way it is... it will be too complicated..." mood that fills some threads in this forum.

It's the devs work to stablish what should/shouldn't work or be feasable, not customers (we are customers, remember?). Customers/players work is to throw ideas to the devs until they make this game the marvel it has the potential to become; and to kick them in the ass (in a totally amiable and polite way) until they finish their work, if possible, in the next decade.

There are no other way to say it... I vouch for this :)

The thing that worries me the most about this game is that it's like an unbalanced tower right now. What have to be done is fixing the structure, make it stand tall and right.
If they add any more block, the whole tower may go bat ♥♥♥♥ quite fast...

-GUI (game menu and in game menu) is to be tough again. Keep the nice pie menu, try make it more intuitive.
-Repair dig AI, just make it go from terrible to decent, we don't need more than "decent" for now.
-Some Gameplay balance, actors, gun strength, squad making and saving, etc.

We don't want more stuff, we want a steady game, we want a server to play on :)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Still. In hope Data reads this thread, let me make one more suggestion:

Add a "suppressive fire" AI mode that allows me to set a target(enemy actor or a point) and have the actor shoot at it continuously. I believe that this would be extremely useful for both defense and offense and could improve gameplay drastically.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Asmageddon wrote:
Still. In hope Data reads this thread, let me make one more suggestion:

Add a "suppressive fire" AI mode that allows me to set a target(enemy actor or a point) and have the actor shoot at it continuously. I believe that this would be extremely useful for both defense and offense and could improve gameplay drastically.

Also, make sure that when you select an actor currently shooting (suppressing fire or not) it does not make it stop attacking. This is a problem when selecting a
turrets already firing since they have a long charge up time before starting to fire.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:14 pm

okay i got a big bug to report.

i'm playing CC campaign using a modded in faction and in the middle of a skirmish my actor's weapon's cannot hit enemies as if the enemies were friendlies.

also for no reason at all my guys will start firing randomly in the direction of enemies even if my guys are underground.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 pm

NeoSeeker wrote:
okay i got a big bug to report.

i'm playing CC campaign using a modded in faction and in the middle of a skirmish my actor's weapon's cannot hit enemies as if the enemies were friendlies.

also for no reason at all my guys will start firing randomly in the direction of enemies even if my guys are underground.

Yup, I just got this same bug yesterday. Also note that in addition my guys hit detected and could crush each other as if they were enemies.

Last edited by tankmayvin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Are both of your cases reproduceable? Have they been working fine previously?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:14 am

Sounds like the MOID count bug, folks should read around a bit before the post bugs. Press Ctrl+P to see the MOID count, if it's at or over 255 then you have a problem (and should solve it by having fewer Movable Objects in game). If this is happening and it's not at or over 255 then you have a bigger problem.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:34 am

that's exactly what i was thinking because the FF bit seems to happen when the AI builds up bases to much.

it even to effects gameplay on maps that aren't even overbuilt. but on maps where the AI has overbuilt the glitching of the AI shooting randomly, random deaths from ghost bullets and FF whacking out increases tenfold.

i'm guessing the other guy is playing against 4 AIs or something?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:12 am

NeoSeeker wrote:
that's exactly what i was thinking because the FF bit seems to happen when the AI builds up bases to much.

it even to effects gameplay on maps that aren't even overbuilt. but on maps where the AI has overbuilt the glitching of the AI shooting randomly, random deaths from ghost bullets and FF whacking out increases tenfold.

i'm guessing the other guy is playing against 4 AIs or something?

I get a fun one with this, for some reason when over the MOID enemies cannot shoot my actors, but if they hit their guns it damages my brain.

Lovely lovely overloads.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 am

Yeah, to put it simply, things break. The best way to deal with it if you don't want to outright win the mission using MovableMan:KillAllActors(#team) is to crush actors til it's below the limit or try typing into the console something along the lines of:
Code:
for actor in MovableMan.Actors do if actor:IsPlayerControlled() then actor.ToDelete = true end end;
which'll delete the controlled actor. actor.ToDelete can also be replace with actor.Health = 0 to potentially keep some weapons or actor:GibThis for gore.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 am

Sounds like the scenario I had, it was a well build up AI base with 2 brains defending and it started happening after a few additional unit call-ins. So MOID bug it probably is.

It's a bit much to ask players to "read around" a bit (which I have) before posting though, the bug reports thread is a mess with a stickied "to-do" list rather than a list of known issues.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 am

this is def a game breaking bug at least for me.

this happened on day 14 of a campaign game. i'm not going to invest that much time in a campaign for it to become unplayable right in the middle of it.

had an idea

quick battle skirmish mode where you're attacking an AI enemy base that's the
prebuild base for campaign for that map. you deploy like you would if you
were attacking the base in campaign, by dropping your brain bot in a location
you select.

there'd also be options like if the AI has limited or unlimited funds and
stuff like that.

also there'd be a base VS base mode where you AND the AI both have bases
on the map and you're both trying to kill each other.

Last edited by NeoSeeker on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 pm

one more thing. why isn't there a native faction?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 am

I believe that the native faction are the crabs. Not all planets have to be inhabited by very sentient beings, however a native faction would be fairly awesome, because such a fertile planet like that most definitely has more than just crabs.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:18 am

It's apparently part of CC canon that the only fauna the planet has is crabs. Something wiped out every other animal life, leaving the crabs to evolve and fill out every single niche in the ecosystem in their place.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next