View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My units stop auto-mining gold 

Post My units stop auto-mining gold
So I'll make my brain auto-mine gold. Then I'll purchase 2 more units with heavy diggers and when I set them to auto-mining they stop after 2-3 seconds. They don't need to reload, there's gold surrounding them, but they just stand there like idiots.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:24 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: My units stop auto-mining gold
I've noticed this too. It only seems to happen when there's multiple units in gold digging mode close to each other.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Maybe something for the devs to fix as this is quite important. Also I find the A.I stop recruiting units. So all you need to do is slowly pick them off 1 by 1 until the brain is the only one left. They should mine for gold and recruit.

I don't use snipers or send random crates filled with bombs and the game is still really easy. Its a really fun game and has heaps of potential once all the bugs are cleaned up.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:04 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Try playing against 3 Techions on the same team. With the Ronin.
Then it won't be so easy.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Challenge accepted!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:53 am
Banned

Suggestion: miner drones

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Crow wrote:
Suggestion: miner drones

Actually, this doesn't sound bad.

A standard FreeTrade mining drone designed for the sole purpose of mining. It could have an AI and special scripts on its mining tools and all to make it the perfect miner.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:07 am

Natti wrote:
Try playing against 3 Techions on the same team. With the Ronin.
Then it won't be so easy.

HAHA! Little do you know I only just recently played that match-up. MP5K guys with shields to take hits and RPG soldiers to back them up. They didn't stand a chance.

Though it was probably beacause they wouldn't set up any defenses.. So I just kinda waltzed into their brainholes when they attacked.

I also cheated a bit and stole their weapons from the ground, it was their fault for not putting a self destruct button on it!

Edit: Dummies are another story entirely though... Terribly fragile bodies VS Techion terminators is deathly.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:59 am

This even happens when you have 1 miner. I've seen it happen countless of times with the enemy AI. Something I noticed is that sometimes when this happens, the miner isn't holding a digging tool but a weapon. Maybe there's a bug that causes the miner to wield a weapon and then the AI tries to mine the ground, but nothing happens because it's holding a weapon, and so it continues to try to mine that same ground which it can't mine because it's holding a weapon, like a neverending loop.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I just found one reason this glitch occur and just wanted to give you a little heads up. It seems to happen when the actor is digging close to the bottom of the scene and since digging too far will be fatal it just stops. I will try to make it dig horizontally when this happens.

Can anyone confirm if it happens in other situations?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I've seen it happening when there's multiple actors near each other. Spacing them out a bit seems to usually fix it for me.
To clarify, only one of the actors digs and the other nearby ones just stand around.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 am

I was once playing bunker breech on the mining outpost using the technion vs the Browncoats. I ordered two guys and sent my brain to mine on the surface and he just stood there like an idiot doing nothing. In the end I had to dig the hole myself, which eventually resulted in my brain randomly having his head blow up.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:25 am

Sir wrote:
I was once playing bunker breech on the mining outpost using the technion vs the Browncoats. I ordered two guys and sent my brain to mine on the surface and he just stood there like an idiot doing nothing. In the end I had to dig the hole myself, which eventually resulted in my brain randomly having his head blow up.

Yeah this... This happens allot to me, i lose allot of rounds because my brain just randomly pops. Normally while digging but sometimes whilst navigating stairs.

For gold mining i often hear them (light soldiers with diggers) digging but find they are just aiming up and digging thin air.

Mostly they just stand around like lemons though. Its gotten to the point where i trap them underground by forcing them into cubby holes filled with gold and they dig their way out which is ALMOST like gold mining. I hope they fix that i think its a huge part of why the ai are so easy to beat once you kill their first wave. they bank on being able to mine for supplies but they don't/can't and are left stranded. Most fights end with him on his own stuck in the sand while i just pop him from the surface.

Really look forward to that being fixed.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 am

Using the "Go To AI mode" and charting a course through dense gold areas seems to work a lot better, they still have a little trouble digging sometimes but they seem to get the hang of it a lot faster compared to just setting them to gold digging ai and leaving them.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

This is old. You can download the latest fix here

Human AI experimental fix 1

I think most of the gold-dig issues are gone now (and several others), but I might have broken something else in the process so any help you can provide with play-testing is much appreciated. Please consider reporting your experience in this thread if you test it.

Back up the old files and copy the new files to Base.rte/Actors/AI/

Attachments:
HumanBehaviors.lua [81.91 KiB]
Downloaded 361 times
HumanAI.lua [17.76 KiB]
Downloaded 384 times

Last edited by Abdul Alhazred on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next