View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 System requirements? 

Post System requirements?
For a few days now I'm really thinking about buying CC. The thing is, I'm not totally sure if my notebook can really handle it well. The general hardware looks fine, I'd say:

Intel Core i5 430M (2,27 – 2,53 GHz)
4 GByte DDR3
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 (1 GByte DDR3 VRAM)

(I'm using windows 7 64bit)

But the thing is, this being a budget Acer notebook, I think they tried to save money when it came to ventilation or something. It's not really running as fast as it should, I'm afraid, judging from the CPU and graphics card,. Now I've read several times that there's supposed to be a demo version of CC, but it seems that this information is out of date, because I can't find it anywhere (or am I missing something?). And would the demo version actually give me an idea how well the full game will run on my setup, or is it too dated/limited?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Post Re: System requirements?
Try out the old, free versions, see how they run. Or go with the trial of the newest one that has one.
The requirements for the newest version are higher for RAM, and equal/lower for everything else, compared to older versions, I'd imagine, due to optimizing and increased content.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10850

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Post Re: System requirements?
Thanks for the link! I installed versions 20 and 22, but couldnt even start the exe. And the setup for 21 gave me an error message. I'm off to a great start.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]