View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Campaign bunker build crash 

Post Campaign bunker build crash
I think other people have mentioned this bug too, but I don't yet know what exactly is causing this.

The campaign tends to crash when the bunker building budget reaches 1000, while using mods. I have been able to play the campaign without this problem before, though.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Post Re: Campaign bunker build crash
If you're playing as a custom faction, or letting the AI play one (setting them to random might give them a custom faction too), it might be a problem with the loadouts in that mod.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Can riot shields be a part of a cargo loadout? They're the only new thing I've added to the loadouts recently.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:09 pm

No idea. Could you link me to the mod, or did you make it yourself? Is it the default shield? Do you get any specific error messages? If you have edited any loadout files, can I see the contents? What faction do you play as? What factions do you play against, or are they random? Any information would help!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:14 pm

The mod is Untitled Tech, the shield is the default Riot Shield. It appears just fine in the order menu when looking at the loadouts.

Vanilla factions should be fine.

The Riot Shield is equipped by the Turret and Engineer loadouts, but only in the version of the mod I'm working on (not the latest published one). I have yet to try removing the shields.

EDIT: Yep, removing the shields seems to do the trick. Now I've got another problem though, the visible inventory script isn't working properly...

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:45 pm

It works for me when added like this, bot as a preset and for deployment:
Code:
AddCargoItem = HeldDevice
      PresetName = Base.rte/Riot Shield

I'm guessing this is what you did, since you say it works as a preset. Have you tried reinstalling CC to a different folder, and put the mod in there alone? Could be a conflict...
Did you see if it works with the turret or the engineer alone? It might be just one of them that is conflicting. If so, I'd guess it's the turret.

I'm a bit out of my league here, if this doesn't work, you'll have to wait for someone more experienced.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]