View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 What would you like to be added to Cortex Command? 

Post What would you like to be added to Cortex Command?
Suggestions!

I would like to have the ability to queue multiple sets of units from the presets with a single click on every preset I want added and then sent down at the same time.
Also I'm not sure if its a bug, but my saved presets seems to reset every time I start a new battle (in the same campaign).

I would also like to note that nothing might be added just because of this Suggestions thread.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Post Re: What would you like to be added to Cortex Command?
In campaign, it goes by faction default loadouts. You have to remake them each time if you prefer something else.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Click-dragging items in the the buy menu checkout list, so I don't have to constantly switch between Bodies, Guns and occasionally Tools when ordering reinforcements.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 am
Profile WWW

Being able to designate individual unit presets that can then be added to a craft's cargo.

This would save both time and my patience.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 am

Also I think there should be a limit to how many things; units, tools, crabs etc. that could be added to one craft (Like 20, or 50).
So my friends no longer can spam down FREE CRABS 'N GRENADES :twisted: in volleys of thousands overflowing and destroying everything! :wink:
Or at least make it toggle-able from the options menu: limitless or limited cargo space.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 pm

I actually really like the idea of limited cargo, it makes a ton of sense, cause you can (un)comfortably fit 1 actor inside of one, and I usually see people exploit string theory and stuff millions of peoples inside.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm

A way to make your own faction presets. Or at least a menu in the metagame to create your presets for that campaign. EX:(Click start new game, then the game asks you to set your loadouts for Light infantry, Sniper, ect; then basically making that your new buy list for that game)

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 pm

I'd love to see the rest of the factions fully expanded and given acrabs and turret guns, some larger mech guys or something would also be really nice.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:18 am

Magmacow358 wrote:
I'd love to see the rest of the factions fully expanded and given acrabs and turret guns, some larger mech guys or something would also be really nice.

Actually it does exist some big mechs in a popular mod here @datarealms,
try unitech

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:56 pm

I think the Warfare mod nailed it spot-on in regards to what I want out of the game. Polish for existing factions is a given and something I definitely want (such as specific dropships or other delivery methods, proper superheavy units like the dreadnought, and so on), but I think new toys are only as fun as what you can do with them.

The aforementioned preset management is another thing I'm definitely wanting for Cortex Command. Something I'm interested in is seeing a way to condense presets to just a small bit of helpful text rather than huge bricks of "Soldier Heavy, Assault Rifle, Grenade, Grenade, Grenade, Grenade, Grenade, Grenade, Grenade, Grenade, Grenade, Grenade, Heavy Pistol". Bit of an exaggeration, I know, but it still drives me bonkers.
For example, saving a preset could come with a prompt with "Name" and "Description", the latter being optional. The game would then just display those two strings rather than wasting a huge amount of screen real estate on the equipment list.

Better stability and optimization are pretty high on the list, but not exactly what I would call additions. The one thing that truly bugs me is that you can't ever have large battles; too many actors and the game just dies, MOID limits aside. Mods like Loyalists and the Combine mod are quite badly hindered by this since they depend on having a large amount of troops for their given faction and I rarely play with them for that reason.

As a recent arrival, I am definitely interested to see where the game goes from here. Some minor complaints aside, I've been having fun since I first picked it up.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]