View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 New Ideas for Cortex Command!! 
Forum Moderator

p3lb0x wrote:
Holy Mombasa wrote:
Give it voice chat or voice commands.

why? it isnt online yet

UT2K4 had voice commands for bots, online and offline.

what do you mean "voice commands" like voice recognizing software that made the bots do different stuff?

Fri May 11, 2007 11:27 am

Fri May 11, 2007 5:19 pm
Forum Moderator

Yes, thats exactly what I mean.

OOOOH.....

Fri May 11, 2007 5:24 pm

the ut2k4 voice commands wasnt actually voice recognitiont hoguh, you just poressed a button, and a menu came up. you chose what you wanted to say, and your character said it. then the bots responded apropriately.

Fri May 11, 2007 10:29 pm

Fri May 11, 2007 10:31 pm

the ut2k4 voice commands wasnt actually voice recognitiont hoguh, you just poressed a button, and a menu came up. you chose what you wanted to say, and your character said it. then the bots responded apropriately.

No, I quite distinctly remember saying "Everyone kill yourself" into my headset and have all 40 bots on my team commit mass suicide.

Sat May 12, 2007 1:40 am
Profile WWW

yeah, well if you cand o that, i didnt know aobut it. and iknow its boring, thats what we SHOULDNT do.
i have gotta try doing that in ut2k4

Sat May 12, 2007 1:51 am

Post Re: New Ideas for Cortex Command!!
Pressing down making a char kneel instead of sitting down like a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Mon May 27, 2013 6:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

That, is done my screwing with walk paths, aka, offsets. [Welcome to hell, we got what you need]

Mon May 27, 2013 5:14 pm

How about a new tech that uses modified versions of weapons from other techs.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:23 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Wed May 29, 2013 7:16 am
Profile WWW

Some sort of Stationary Artillery, like a Mortar for the Ronin, or that one Artillery Weapon for the Coalition , just stationary and more powerful.

Wed May 29, 2013 2:20 pm

NEW CONTENT IDEAS:

-All factions could have their own types of drop ships/rockets (ex: Ronin could have a patchwork drop ship that looks like bolted together sheet metal, Techion Drop ship could warp bodies to the ground instead of opening a hatch).

-All factions could have there own brain robot like the Imperatous do (ex: Techion could have a brain on a whitebot body, Dummys could have a brain on a dummy body).

-All factions could have a "Juggernaut" type of brain. The Juggernaut brain would be very expensive to deploy, would have heavy armor, no jet packs for it, would be unique to each faction and instead of using regular weapons it would have built in weapons used only by that faction (ex: a Techion jugg brain would use nanoswarm weapons, a Browncoat jugg brain would used flamethrowers).

-Techion and Browncoats could have third bodies to choose from (maybe turrets or something). Ronin could maybe have attack dogs for their third bodies.

-Could be more wildlife to choose from (maybe small dinosaurs, or reptiles).

BALANCING IDEAS:

-Mother crab should be playable and purchasable (expensive cause its hard to kill).

-Techion could use a rocket launcher or some type of explosive weapon.

-Techion nanorifle not as effective as it should be. When you get a head shot it only destroys the helmet not the head thus wasting your only shot.

-Coalition pulse digger wont dig though ground.

-Impulze cannon is useless. Not powerful enough, one shot, long reload. A nail assault rifle would be much more useful.

-Fat culled clone and thin culled clone is repetitive, and very little difference between them and regular culled clone. Strange and unique bodies (like aliens, clowns, monkeys, etc) could replace them.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN CONSIDERING MY SUGGESTIONS. :)

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The Ronin could use the Tradestar Default, cheap, effective, reliable. Techion, dunno.

Eh, i think it's planed that there will be a generic Tradestar Brain Unit, and sometimes the faction can have their own, reasonably unique brain bots.
The plan, back in the day is that the stationary brains could dock onto robot bodies, and vice versa with the pie menu. I liked the thought because you could replace limbs, and the thought of a robot with a rocket for a head would be nifty, sort of like the Engineer Zombie's backpack from Zombies '09, or like a Single Use Weapon, and a notably strong one, at that. Or, for simply replacing limbs.

Dunno, the humanoid format is pretty used for juggernaut, Coalition, and Dummy. Have you ever seen the teaser for the never released Crobotech Hall Guardian?

I think both of them can still use the Tradestar default, but more body variety would be neat.

Wildlife was planned to mostly be hostile plants, and things derived from the normal crabs.

Mother Crab is mostly a flailing, scripted creature, you can't really control it very well, it's mostly a distraction of living shield that can't do much at all.

TEchion have their swarmers, the homing, and non-homing one.

That's an isssue with collisions and attachments often times.

Coalition Pulse Digger digs through anything that is weaker than stone, it's cheap and fast.

Impulse cannon... the one with the grenades? It has a pretty nigh-instant kill blast.
If you are talking about the Annihilator, it's good enough.

The difference mostly is the jump strength, and the gib wound limit, and probably how easy it is to penetrate them. Maybe randomized zombies would be cooler, though costly.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:13 pm

NEW CONTENT IDEAS:

-More Tradestar weapons (maybe a sniper rifle, rocket launcher, heavy machine gun, etc).

-More back story/history for each faction might give the game more depth.

-Please reconsider making a traditional storyline mission mode. I really like the current campaign mode but I think a storyline mission mode is what CC is missing.

-More types of shields (maybe a heavy shield that is much stronger but so heavy you cant fly with it, or a reactive shield that can stop a rocket attack but can only be used once).

BALANCING IDEAS:

-Kar98 fire rate is way too low. Cheaper snipers like the dummy/coalition ones have much higher fire rate and are more effective. The Banshee is most powerful sniper in the game and even it has a faster fire rate then the Kar98.

-Larger clip for Trade star battle rifle. 5 round capacity is just plain SILLY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN CONSIDERING MY SUGGESTIONS. :)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next