View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 New Ideas for Cortex Command!! 

Post Re: New Ideas for Cortex Command!!
NEW CONTENT IDEAS:

-More tradestar bodies (ex: lab test monkeys, alien mercenaries, animal-human hybrids, etc).

-Lots and lots more bunker bits, module, odds & ends, and systems. Building your base is fun and will be alot more fun with alot more pieces.

-More planets to fight on and lots more locations.

-More type of drones besides anti air drone (ex: a grenade launcher drone, landmine layer drone, artillery drone with selectable ammo types, etc).

-Add a med/repair kit to the game. The med/repair kit would be a single use item like the grenade and would heal a large portion of the bodies health.

BALANCING IDEAS:

-Rocket Silo module and hangar system both are not big enough to fit a rocket or drop ship into.

-Surface to air missiles on the anti air drone should be reloadable. Anti air drone is pretty useless without missiles.

-At least one trade star body have a jetpack and one with heavy armor. You want more than just a bunch of weaklings on the tradestar menu right?

-Limit the amount of items per drop to prevent this kind of silly crap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuI67c1A71o

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN CONSIDERING MY SUGGESTIONS. :)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ongar wrote:
NEW CONTENT IDEAS:

-More Tradestar weapons (maybe a sniper rifle&1, rocket launcher, heavy machine gun, etc).
Isn't that what the Battle Rifle is supposed to be?

-More back story/history for each faction might give the game more depth.
You can find the filler on Arne "Prom"'s Art Website, the guy's more or less the concept artists, and lore compiler.

-Please reconsider making a traditional storyline mission mode. I really like the current campaign mode but I think a storyline mission mode is what CC is missing&2.
We already have the framework to be able to do this, the rest depends on us, or them to provide the content.&2

-More types of shields&2 (maybe a heavy shield that is much stronger but so heavy you cant fly with it, or a reactive shield that can stop a rocket attack but can only be used once).

BALANCING IDEAS:

-Kar98 fire rate is way too low. Cheaper snipers like the dummy/coalition ones have much higher fire rate and are more effective. The Banshee is most powerful sniper in the game and even it has a faster fire rate then the Kar98.
I tihnk this is the issue of the Ronin, real weapons with slow reload times, besides, what is the Kar98? A Bolt-Action?

-Larger clip for Trade star battle rifle&1. 5 round capacity is just plain SILLY.

Ongar wrote:
NEW CONTENT IDEAS:

-More tradestar bodies&2 (ex: lab test monkeys, alien mercenaries, animal-human hybrids, etc).
The general issue I can find here is that the Tradestar Default is supposed to be pretty baseline, they do produce faction specific items, yes, but they are faction specific for a reason, and the thought of novelty bodies doesn't really prompt their necessity, or existence in already clogged buy menus with more interesting choices/selections.

-Lots and lots more bunker bits, module, odds & ends, and systems. Building your base is fun and will be alot more fun with alot more pieces&2.
For some reason, I'm starting to think that because there is \good\ content, that more would be better, is a considerable non sequitor.

-More planets to fight on and lots more locations&2.

-More type of drones besides anti air drone&2 (ex: a grenade launcher drone, landmine layer drone, artillery drone with selectable ammo types, etc).
Was it the Aco Delta, and Darkstorm that have these things in spades?

-Add a med/repair kit to the game. The med/repair kit would be a single use item like the grenade and would heal a large portion of the bodies health.&2
When not mess with CaveCricket's Compiled mods, or the 7 other that offer health kits, or auto-regen

BALANCING IDEAS:

-Rocket Silo module and hangar system both are not big enough to fit a rocket or drop ship into.
They are. For the Silo, try a more gentle approach; for the hangar, it seems to be for drop-offs, primarily.

-Surface to air missiles on the anti air drone should be reloadable. Anti air drone is pretty useless without missiles.
I tihnk the thing to take away from that is to assume that "We don't want malefactors to turtle with infinite S-A Missile Batteries, you could easily fix this issue by destroying the limiter in the lua code attached to the ACrab.

-At least one trade star body have a jetpack and one with heavy armor. You want more than just a bunch of weaklings on the tradestar menu right?&2
The reasons are said above, Tradestar is baseline, use faction-oriented bodies/weapons if you want a good time. Besides, arguably the Techion are a Tradestar faction.

-Limit the amount of items per drop to prevent this kind of silly crap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuI67c1A71o
What's stopping you, and friends from not doing it? Anyways, that silly crap is from overloading the Mo Limit, and interesting Deep Space Krakens come to molest your good times.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:53 am

Dude, why are you criticizing him for making valid suggestions? When someone says, "The game doesn't have enough base content" and explains what's missing the response shouldn't be "Shut up and get mods". He's right, the vanilla factions are severely lacking, most of them don't have mechs, for the most part the heavy infantry are basically fatter versions of the light infantry (I'm looking at you coalition), there are few unique crafts, only two unique turrets, etc.
Mods are great but the game really shouldn't have to rely on them to be finished. Personally speaking, most times I play CC at some point I end up getting annoyed at how lacking and often imbalanced the base game content is. And wouldn't a techion acdc drone be awesome?
So I really think that calling the guy out on reasonable suggestions is counterproductive, especially in a thread that's about suggestions for CC.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:30 pm

The devs also like to read these kinds of things to see player opinion. Sure, you may barely hear anything news-wise from us, but that doesn't mean we're not doing anything.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:57 pm

NEW CONTENT IDEAS:

-This game would be great for the OUYA console.

-Med/repair bay bunker system that can mend lost limbs and heal bodies to full health.

-Armory bunker system that you can store a large amount of weapons and tools and repair broken armor and repair damaged weapons.

-An attack helicopter would be nice. Heavily armed but lightly armored and expensive so its not to powerful.

-Being able to choose what bodies and weapons will be in your first drop team in campaign mode when assaulting a mining site.

-A target practice scenario mode. Where you can choose enemies to practice shooting at.

BALANCING IDEAS:

-In campaign mode if you allocate your last brain to a mining site, even if you win the site, you automatically lose. Your brains should still count toward your total even if they have been sent to a mining site.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:14 am

Ongar wrote:
-This game would be great for the OUYA console.

The ouya is ludicrously underpowered. I don't think it could deal with CC's physics.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:02 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Sure it would, we'd just have to reduce map size to 32x32 pixels.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Lizardheim wrote:
Sure it would, we'd just have to reduce map size to 32x32 pixels.

Hey, give the Tegra a little credit... It could totally handle 50x50.
That baby is powered by an AC line, not a puny battery pack.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I finally understand the joke that is Rebbecca Black, anyways, I don't suppose Datarealms want another Steam RElease Gaffe.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 am

NEW CONTENT IDEAS:

-Day/Night cycles during battles. When its gets dark it will be hard to see anything (except for tracers, flames, etc).

-Make it dark and hard to see inside caves for more realism.

-Nightvision and/or infrared goggles to see in darkness.

-To make the AI tougher make it so when they are in close quarters combat and they run out of ammo, they switch to their secondary weapon (if they have one) instead of waiting for the reload.

BALANCING IDEAS:

- Make it so there is a limit on how many weapons a body can carry. So you cant have five rocket launchers and just switching weapons instead of reloading.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:14 am

Ongar wrote:
NEW CONTENT IDEAS:

-Day/Night cycles during battles. When its gets dark it will be hard to see anything (except for tracers, flames, etc).

-Make it dark and hard to see inside caves for more realism.

-Nightvision and/or infrared goggles to see in darkness.

-To make the AI tougher make it so when they are in close quarters combat and they run out of ammo, they switch to their secondary weapon (if they have one) instead of waiting for the reload.

BALANCING IDEAS:

- Make it so there is a limit on how many weapons a body can carry. So you cant have five rocket launchers and just switching weapons instead of reloading.

Dude, everybody appreciate your suggestions, but I don't think anything of this will be ever added to the game 'cause CC still doesn't have a lot of things that were planned years ago.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:00 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The suggestion about the armory used to be one of the planned items in Lizard and Pete's Mod.

Anyways, the use of realism is pretty weak reason for including anything in a lot of fantasy [including sci-fi] games. :/

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:19 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

yeah but hes talking about lighting effects
i dont think photons will change in the future

Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I wonder when the forum's going to adopt the current builds of CVE.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Probably when CVE becomes a game and isn't just an engine test.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next