View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Ladders 

Post The Ladders
Hello everyone, ive got my second question now, the LADDERS! Everyone knows them, you build them somewhere to climb things up but...i find myself not able to climb them any way, because my troops fall down everytime, when i control them or not. Is there anything how to climb ladders CORRECTLY without falling? :/

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Post Re: The Ladders
Notsoscary wrote:
Hello everyone, ive got my second question now, the LADDERS! Everyone knows them, you build them somewhere to climb things up but...i find myself not able to climb them any way, because my troops fall down everytime, when i control them or not. Is there anything how to climb ladders CORRECTLY without falling? :/

Not to my knowledge, no.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Avoid ladders, just fly straight up. They don't work properly, and if you hit them while trying to fly upwards you lose your speed. They just give you less space to fly in corridors. Avoid at all costs.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Ladders are best used for troops that have a lot of difficulty getting out of a bunker with a lot of vertical movement, like Coalition heavies saddled with heavy weapons. Seven times out of ten, you're going to fall off it and back onto your ass, so always be ready to give your jetpack a jolt every now and then to keep you on the handles.

It's difficult and a lot more pain than just ordering in a replacement for Jerry Fatstuff stuck in your ladder hole, but they do have some use, at least. With actors that can actually fly, you're better off shooting your own ladder into the wall if you're having difficulties getting out of your death pit unfinished elevator shaft. Actors with mass above the norm might not even need a gun to do that; they'll just dig into the wall with their fists.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW

The huge bunker pack has an anti-gravity shaft module, which works like an elevator. Hold up to go up, down to go down. I recommend using that in your bunkers to save yourself from some pain.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]