View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Please release Archive of previous builds. 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Please release Archive of previous builds.
While Steam's TOS may seem a bit suspicious, I can guarantee with every fiber of my being it is not laggy, or spyware. It has never asked for any information I wouldn't want to give it, nor is there any indication they've been taking any of my information. And it's run by Valve for Christ's sake. Valve is probably one of the best companies when it comes to user interaction.
And I have never run into any issues with lag on Steam. It always runs smoothly for me. If you're lagging, either your computer is awful or you're on some weird or outdated OS and that's your own fault.

Plus, Steam is the only service you can always expect to have really great sales at multiple times of year, bringing almost EVERY game in the store to a lower price. At least 90% of the games go on sale. That's awesome.

Also, what's wrong with running games through Steam? I can see that you may want to play a game standalone, but why does it matter?

Now this isn't to say Steam is perfect. Sometimes I have issues finding a certain feature, or sometimes a game doesn't run for whatever reason and I have to find a fix. But considering the massive amount of work it must take to run Steam and all it's services, I really wouldn't be surprised if there were some minor issues here and there, and I wouldn't even be mad about it. But it really is the best service at this place in time for gaming and buying games. I have no quarrels with it or Valve.

Izak12 wrote:
As for some reason there is a legion of fans for steam's service where this service can do no wrong. Ever.

All I can do is laugh at this. You're not some magic angel working against THE SYSTEM or anything, you're legitimately wrong. Steam is not spyware, it is not laggy (and if it is, it is your own fault), and it's the best service of it's kind on the market, unless you want to argue some hipster client called "Smoke" or something is better. Valve doesn't want to daterape you, they aren't going to be sending bombs in your mail, and they don't want to sell your bank info online.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:28 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Please release Archive of previous builds.
guys check what this dude found out

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=45101

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2