View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 CC co-op/team-based ideas. 

Post CC co-op/team-based ideas.
Sorry if this has been covered. I was just clued into CC last night and searched the forums but didn't really find a clear statement of your plans for co-op/team play. I have the latest public build (I think), and though I read on the main page that you were changing gold collection to instant funds, I sort of like the concept of manually loading the gold into a rocket. I'm likely in the minority, but I like the idea of having a team-based strategy where some people are digging and transporting gold and others are running around fighting and protecting the miners.

In fact, this dynamic could be pretty interesting once tunnels started under the battlefield...you could dig into an enemy mine system and steal their gold, or bomb an enemy shaft from above, killing the miners inside. It would make more sense if there was a capacity limit for each actor, but perhaps miners could give up extra weapons and items for more gold storage space?

Just some ideas to think about. I have to say, I really like what I've seen of this game so far, and I like the open development idea. Talk to you fellows soon.

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:48 pm
Profile WWW

Yes I would like Class, if that is what your saying.

//Miner//
Health: 75
Weapons:Concrtee Gun and all diggers, pistol

//Soldier//
Health: 120
Weapons: All execpt Diggers

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:49 pm

tsk, tsk, tsk... You wanna destroy the whole buying thingy???!! -_-
The only classes we can have is : Light, Medium, Heavy, light can only carry light weapons (pistols, shotguns, snipers...) but is very fast, medium can cary normal weapons (assasult rifles, flame-trowhers, grenade lauchers...) and have normal speed, heavy can carry heavy weapons (Miniguns/Gatling guns, rocket launchers...) but is very slow. wha ya say??

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

Nono, I love the buying mechanic. :) I'm just saying that you can balance certain "roles" by adjusting the attributes of the weapons, items and tools. For example, if a player wanted to be a frontline soldier, they could carry a rifle/SMG and a sidearm, as well as grenades and perhaps one "utility" item, such as a medkit or a light digger. However, if someone wanted to focus their attention on mining, they could buy the heavy digger, but could then only carry a sidearm and perhaps a few grenades or something.

Also, gold carrying capacity would increase the larger the model of digger that was bought, but there would be tradeoffs in what other items a player could carry. If you're running around with the large digger, you can get gold like crazy, but you can't carry many weapons.

As well, I was thinking about the gold-collecting mechanic. While the idea of instant gold to funds transfer simplifies things, there's something fun (to me) about flying the rockets back into space packed full of gold. Instead of loading up the big delivery rockets, maybe an idea you could implement is miniature "gold delivery" rockets that a player can launch and control directly from their mining site.

The tradeoff would be that these rockets are slow and can be shot down, spreading gold dust all over the crash area. Then, part of the mining strategy would be not only digging tunnels easily accessible by your team, but also digging missile silos from which to launch your resources into space. Using the deformable terrain, enemy forces could attempt to cave in your silos and prevent your resources from reaching the atmosphere.

Just some ideas I'm playing with.

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:48 pm

Do you need to post so long messages? :lol: I like my idea with the light - heavy soldiers/workers classes.

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

I think the light/medium/heavy classes would work fine. I'm just saying that maybe if the mechanic were in the item interactions themselves, then people could pick up dropped weapons/items on the fly and redefine their "class" instantly.

I'm just throwing out ideas as they come to me. I'm not saying "you should do this," I'm saying "maybe this would work." Are my ideas not constructive?

Last edited by Ouroboros on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:56 pm
Profile WWW

they are good ideas, I like some of them, keep up the good work! :D

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]