View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The ability to crush teammates & friendly fire toggle 

Post The ability to crush teammates & friendly fire toggle
So I recently stopped being a pirate and actually bought CC 1.05 on steam. And then I actually got around to playing it and I saw something saddening. I can't crush my own teammates and/or units don't seem to collide anymore, and no friendly fire either. I did not see a single option to toggle friendly fire & unit collision ANYWHERE in the game. I had many fun hours messing with FF & unit collision and I am curious if there's a way to re-enable it.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:49 am

Post Re: The ability to crush teammates & friendly fire toggle
Nope, hardcoded.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 am

Mingebag7 wrote:
Nope, hardcoded.

Oh god what did Data & TLB start smoking to think it was a good idea to make this feature hardcoded? I ♥♥♥♥ love every aspect of the game except that fact that this isn't toggleable. I remember many memories created via ♥♥♥♥ from unit collision.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:15 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It's not hardcoded, it's unit based.

There's a Lua hook for it, but atm I can't remember it.

Someone else dig it up please.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 am

What were they thinking? Well, that's simple; Cortex Command is growing its beard and turning into a proper strategy/tactics game, rather than just a sandbox with some nifty scenarios. ;) Lizardheim is right in that it's not hardcoded, but it's also not easy to switch on and off. I hope they'll have an option for that soon (I prefer CC without FF, personally, but to each their own) for sandboxish silliness, but until then, you'll have to do things the hard way;

This thread and this other thread had some discussion about enabling it, although I'm not sure whether the listed methods succeeded.

It also occurs to me that the AI probably won't realise that it will hit its friends if it shoots, so you'll end up with the guy at the back of your mobs gunning down all his buddies like a moron.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 am
Profile YIM

Not sure if this still applies to you guys, but here is a quick and easy way to having Friendly Fire:

Arcalane wrote:
It also occurs to me that the AI probably won't realise that it will hit its friends if it shoots, so you'll end up with the guy at the back of your mobs gunning down all his buddies like a moron.

This really only happens if they know the enemy is there. They can't see through each other, so it doesn't happen often.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]