View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Let's Play The Campaign [Videos] 

Post Let's Play The Campaign [Videos]
Hi Folks,

I recently bought the game and had some trouble surviving - even on easy mode. After a bit of persistence I worked out how to get going and the game became incredibly enjoyable to play. I have a YouTube channel so made a 'Let's Play' series of a campaign geared toward new players. I play at a slow pace (always have) and try to explain everything I'm doing and why - which frustrates some but helps others.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy these videos and I especially hope they help new players ease into the game.

Please, suggestions and comments on what could have been done better/differently would be really helpful. I've already had a few suggestions on making a crab bomb crate. :)

I'll be uploading a new series soon playing the mod 'Unmapped Lands 2'.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Let's Play The Campaign [Videos]
Sweet, but there's a noticable lag in the game on your videos though. The video compressor probably takes too much CPU power. I'd recommend you to set lower resolution for future videos or at least set affinity for CortexCommand.exe and you video recording tool so they'd sit on separate CPU cores. For me 640x480 or a bit higher is perfectly fine to enjoy cortex command.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:39 am

I watched the first video and found it a bit long, but overall very enjoyable. Your commentary is very good and I look forward to watching the rest of the videos and any more you make!

If I could give any advice it would be to not focus too much on becoming super efficient in the game. I mean it isn't that you should avoid doing strong strategies like bombing runs or sniping, but mixing it up is I feel is the best way to keep your gameplay entertaining for your viewers and for you as a player. I've played CC for a long time and I know that constantly playing to win is the quickest way to make the game stale.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 am

That, and it does a poor job of showcasing some of the silly-yet-sometimes-effective stuff you can do in CC. Crab bombs, etc.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 am
Profile YIM

So you would say crab bombs are basically the most important thing.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]