View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Propper Campaign 

Post Propper Campaign
A feature that was sort of in the older versions and should be in the newer updates is a propper campaign/ story mode. For example how it starts in the Butorial bunker then goes to the First Signs map and so on.

I think there should be an option for the propper story mode in the campaign menu and it should go from one map to the next one in the story, maybe with some cut scenes like the ones at the start of the game in between the map changes. That would expand the game a little more and make it a bit better if your only playing by yourself.

Feel free to share your ideas on how you would like the story mode to be.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Post Re: Propper Campaign
At some point I think this was going to happen, with some kind of necromantic space knight chick showing up at zombie cave. Don't know what ever happened to that plan though.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 pm

That would have been pretty cool, also adding some more boss like foes would spice up the gameplay a bit more. I still think they should have kept the campaign as a "campaign" and called the current one world domination or something like that.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Benpasko wrote:
At some point I think this was going to happen, with some kind of necromantic space knight chick showing up at zombie cave. Don't know what ever happened to that plan though.

She's going to be involved, but more of a "Lost Discovering Explorer" gone "Sustained Consciousness in Power Armor" with "Rogue Necromechano Army" that is against the "Overarching Guardian" of the Planet, or with it. [Probably in a "This [Place] is Forbidden/Evil" kinda way]

If she were to show up from Zombie Cave, it'd be too early, so it to believeable that is something else before you insert "The Ghost of Black Chick."
If anything the Caved In Bunker in First Signs is probably going to be the first definitive lead into a "Overarching Plot Line". [Not the Dummy Uprising, and Miners' War, since that would probably happen a lot anyways]

Jobee, if anything I can remember of the secret Dev Board, the Final Boss was going to be something amazing, I think along the lines of "Super Massive Brain [Mother Brain?] while fighting a Wild Inundation of Necromechanic Armies" kinda thing.
Just, Massive Scene, trudge through clogged hallways, into a large room which more or less is a writhing sea of Undead piled on top of each other, and somewhere in there is the Big Brain. It'd be hard to make it work, and even harder for the computer to handle it.
I'd totally love it, I saw a picture of Skeles climbing on top of each other around the BYOB Builds [B18?] on the dev blog, though.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am

Well, i dont think that there is a proper "game story" but i think it goes so...
As you finish the Tutorial Mission, your brain gets implanted on a Robot and gets sended to...some gold filled place. As you search around, you find a load of Crabs and a Mother Crab, which you kill. You see theres a Cave destroyed, and you dig it up, finding a bunker with some coordinates, leading to a small Cave. After dat, you get control of another brain, so you can get that Data Chip in the Zombie Caves. As you just take it, unknown Hostiles, probaly Ronin, attack you. As you make it back, the Miner Wars (probaly) start, and the dummies attack Maginot, the Home of another Brain you got control of. While you defend it, the Dummies overhelm the Base, but you get out of there in Time. During dat, your Brain gets implanted near the Dummy Base, which you got to blow up. After you did that, you have to take in several Bunkers. And then? Then you got to defend them. With your life

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 pm

Benpasko wrote:

Here I located a website that details this:

http://androidarts.com/cortexcommand/

As far as sci-fi's go it's pretty good, I hope they don't toss it away.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Eh, the story that I talked about was from the Good Ol Dev Board before it was hidden.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 am
happy carebear mom

As far as I am aware, the story-driven campaign was scrapped.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 am

Duh102 wrote:
As far as I am aware, the story-driven campaign was scrapped.

Which is a real goddamn shame, the metagame is never as fun as any of the premade missions.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The pre made missions were nice, and if we had to live with missions that spam undead hordes more than the plastic zergs in Magniot, I'd be surprised if anyone could handle that, especially since it requires the otherside to hole up, or counter spam- I do not envy the computer that has to run this, meanwhile.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:32 am

ShiningFinger wrote:
Benpasko wrote:

Here I located a website that details this:

http://androidarts.com/cortexcommand/

As far as sci-fi's go it's pretty good, I hope they don't toss it away.

That page is what the campaign should be, its perfect but with a little bit more information it would be a bit better and understandable. If they could put that into the game it would make it a hell of a lot better.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]