View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Some fine food for thoughts 

Post Some fine food for thoughts
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25052

I couldn't search the original thread. My apologies.

Of all the mods I have downloaded and experimented, the Crobotech Mod is the only mod that stuck to my head.
The armored awesome cyborgs descending upon the land like deities and crashing the entire squads of foes into shreds. Ah, the joy.

And I haven't found a thread of an 1.0 re-release of the Crobotech mod. But I just simply couldn't let such a wonderous mod sink;the joy must be spread.

Also, if you happen to be experimenting with this mod, I'd come around to verbally prep and psychologically support you like hell whilst telling you that there is (sadly) nothing that I could do to aid you in the coding or programming. (beginner skills ain't getting no where)

Thank you for reading this dumb post. Just ... something to keep in mind.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Post Re: Some fine food for thoughts
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=31717

Near the end of the first post.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 pm
Profile WWW

Post Another fine food for thoughts
On another topic; how come I never saw a map random-generator?
The talented souls here - they should be able to work it out.

Basically, the inspiration came when I searched through the list of scenario battles - these are all already designed! They can neva be changed! The second time you play these activities, it's no longer fun you already know everything!!!

Then it hit me like a cratebox crammed with 1000 crabs:
there is nothing like the fear of the unknown - it is the most fearful and the most daring ... and the most exciting ...

Yes, how would you like a game of 1-2 hours which you begin with no/some actors, no/some funds, no/some bases, all randomness? (which of course applies to the enemy as well, and would not be ridiculous such as you spawning with a baseful of squads and the enemy's got only a brainbot, but would be rather challenging)

I was hoping the fog of war effect could be put in use, and you could adjust the difficulty in the slider before a game (just like the slider for every other scenario battle); for the fog of war, is there a way to re-fog the fog that was cleared? because it occurred to me that it would be unfair when you are no longer there you can still see stuff (also unrealistic)
Also it would be cool if it had random objectives to pop up from time to time (secure a certain location, find something buried deep inside ground, kill xx enemies, kill xx enemy crafts, as long as the prime objective is to eliminate the enemy brain)
Also also, when the enemy brain is endangered it could call an instantaneous backup that will be the "last wave" to defeat ...

This kinda reminds me faintly about this little mod that I had found way back then, it was like ... uh ... Skirmish Objectives or something, and it had the element of creating random objectives for countless waves, it was quite fun until the repetitiveness drove me bored. The problem with this mod is though, that it lacked the surprise element. It was only an activity script that could be played in the maps already made.

Huzzah

.... So?

Last edited by RcherD on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Post This one is about Dummies and Techion
Dummy actors are weak. We should give them some advantage as compensation. Maybe they can have a special dummy brain bot to make up for it.

Being a huge sniper fan, I sketched this bad boy (below) for a possible dummy sniper rifle, at the price of 400oz, probs?
Nothing proves more advantageous than range, does it not?

Techion is a race of advanced technology, and I wish they could have a stealth tool or actor to go stealth for a short duration (maybe it uses the same source of energy as that of the jetpack, or something)

Spriting mayhem begins. Will do when I feel the urge.

Attachments:
File comment: Dummy rifle - De IB
Incognito Brutalizer.jpg
Incognito Brutalizer.jpg [ 164.43 KiB | Viewed 7442 times ]

Last edited by RcherD on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Nonsequitorian wrote:
......but they are also cheap as balls .......

Balls are not cheap. LOL. you will give anything to not have them harmed.

but, Aaaaahhh. your reply helps a lot.

By the way, the stealth I mentioned does mean sneaking up behind someone while (eg. cloaked) and slashing them with knife or something.

But about the dummies, it's that I haven't seen any beefy dummy actor, that's all, and it kinda changes their impressions;
btw, is the IMPULSE CANNON of the dummies fixed to a short range? It was Awesome when it could fire impulse grenades over long distances, the strongest launcher there was - until the range was cut short like **** in build 27 or 1.0 or something; I haven't really had the time to experiment the dummy faction
EDIT: nevermind, the impulse cannon range is back, oh yea

Nonsequitorian wrote:
It's of such quality because the game is of such quality.

True that.
Nonsequitorian wrote:
that dude is doing other things now

is he still making mods? Gawd knows what wonderous wizard-ry he's making right now...

haven't received your feedbacks about the "re-fogging" though. You stand in one area. Fog goes away. You leave the area. Fog covers up slowly again.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 pm

I think sniper rifles in general are pretty bad for the game. The only things that really counters snipers are other snipers with equal or greater range and suicide bomb collisions (which is another problem in and of itself). Also tunnels sort of work but that's dumb.

On that note stealth units could be good for being able to circumvent the main advantage of snipers (range).

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I always get screwed by snipers, too damn good.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Hooray for airstrikes, artillery, mortars, and all other flavours of NLOS weaponry.

'Stock' CC totally needs some airstrike beacons or something. Reminds me, I should get off my ass and make that standalone Fire Support package someday.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:57 pm
Profile YIM

Foa wrote:
I always get screwed by snipers, too damn good.

I always screw others with snipers. Perhaps you are my mortal enemy? :-P hahaahaa

Foa wrote:
Hooray for airstrikes, artillery, mortars, and all other flavours of NLOS weaponry.

Technically, I think the dropships dropping bombs is airstrike; fully automatic waves of missile strikes from the air seems too catastrophic to any receiver.
But yes, definitely, I think we should have indirect combat gadgets - perhaps a mortar launcher for the retro-Ronins (probs WWI style)

Attachments:
File comment: Heh heh heh
mortars.......png
mortars.......png [ 936.39 KiB | Viewed 7371 times ]

Last edited by RcherD on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Post Zombies anyone?!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45080&p=520521#p520521
RcherD wrote:

Zombies can shoot?!?

Hhmmmmmmmmm

Perhaps you could try to increase the excitement by giving zombies certain specialties, but not by giving them guns and taking the fun away of hitting "zombies."

The aforementioned "specialties" may include some things like ..... ugh gee I dunno,
-zombees (get it?! zombie bee swarms!!) (perhaps modify the nanoswarm of techion, but they should be able to get shot down by guns or flamethrowers),
-exploding fat zombies (coz obviously),
-acid spitting zombies (perhaps modify concrete sprayer but with short durations and some damage),
-high jumping zombies,
-a dark "hunter" (inspired by hunter from Left4Dead),
-zombie slime/blob humanoid (aka liquid zombies) (guns do not harm them, only explosives and fire can kill 'em)
-trolling trap zombies (lies there like a normal corpse, its health bar is hidden so is nearly unnoticeable, then when the player comes near it jumps and scratches/bites)
-rage zombies (zombies that speed up and strengthens the more damage it takes until its health depletes)
-hormone zombies (zombies that emits a strong regenerative hormone into the air hence healing nearby zombies and/but (so I really dont know if it should heal itself or not as I can't weigh the balances in this one) itself)
-boners (LOL) (zombies that mutated a strong exoskeletal bone suit (perhaps just modify the skeleton actor for this one) that can minimize bullet damage, but more vulnerable to explosives (so you can kill it anyhow))
-freakin fat omg huge zombies (aka FFOHZ, coincidentally sounding like a zombie's roar) (zombies that can take tons of damage, and will not die unless its health depletes, which its health constantly decreases in a timer-like rate even when it is not taking damage, hence the prime defense strategy against this type of zombie is to fly and run, adding a little "escape fun")
-climbers (to counter and discourage players who wall up on a ... wall, and neva comes down) (should not be too strong)

i really liked your idea of putting the They Hunger zombie bots (which are super interesting and challenging) and also the limited ammos (very realistic)
Other touches to increase the realistic atmosphere can be: the fog of war (wait, is it used?); and (though I mentioned this) no more gun zombies. give them melee weapons, but not of anything that needs intelligence (which rules out guns, grenades- maybe they can throw bricks? give them cleavers? u decide, my man)

but all in all, all is well - imma gonna download this as soon as the gun zombies go away
sharing some ideas.

some feedback to those possibly experimenting with zombie mods

Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Look for, "They Live" or Robot Mod by findude, or something, and Zombies' '09 by Geti.
So for all intents and purposes, your suggestions are samey on the undead front.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:51 am

Foa wrote:
... suggestions are samey on the undead front.

.................. Dang.

but the TheyLive bots have become a bit boring as they become predictable. i want to be surprised in a zomb surv!

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:29 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Zombies '09, just simply, those damn insertion ships, they break your ♥♥♥♥.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Post Oh, Dummies....
I just played Tartarus ...

I assigned both my faction and foe faction randomly (picking with eyes closed)

I was assigned Dummies, com was Browncoats...

I couldn't even past the gate.

It turns out that Dummies were extremely susceptible to bullets and fire. A wave walks in; dummies do no ♥♥♥♥ damage; dummies (quite literally) mowed down. Done. End of wave. Next wave, go!
Of course, the brain and my dummy was sound and safe for my superb :P combat skills.

which led me to think about how the dummy hive brain considered this problem:
"hhhhmmmmmmmm. Our dummies too weak coz plastic? (and we only have one type of bot?) Make 'em steel!"

Will CC include a new dummy actor that is heavy and bullet-resistant (and maybe is susceptible to impacts and explosions instead?) ? (I don't know why but its plating is grey in my head)

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:08 pm

You're not really getting the point here, are you? The Dummies are weak, but cheap. For tougher firepower, they have the Dreadnaught. On the other hand, you were up against Browncoats- the slow, tough, powerful faction.

You either need to use more dummies, or use your brain. Probably both.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:49 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next