View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Split-screen settings. 

Post Split-screen settings.
Hello. Awesome game if you mod it, I'm just having a major annoyance with split-screen: you can't make it split by the horizontal, it uses the default vertical split. I tried tinkering with the config files, but the game doesn't even care (HSplitScreen = 1, VSplitScreen = 0). I searched a lot on the internet and found out that older versions had this feature. Why doesn't it work anymore ? This is a serious issue because you can't aim properly if you can't see them (horizontal split will fix this).

If it is possible but i'm just doing it wrong, please enlighten me. Thank you all :)

Fri May 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Post Re: Split-screen settings.
I think the game does indeed ignore this in the current version. I have tried over and over and never got it to do anything.

Sat May 11, 2013 7:55 am

That is really sad then. Mods and multiplayer can be the saving grace for this game (or at least in my case, maybe others are happy enough just with the mods). I'm curious if this simply is an overlooked issue or there is a good reason why we can't have both horizontal and vertical split. And why change it to vertical.. it doesn't make any sense (gameplay wise). You would assume that in a game in which multiplayer can really make a big difference and in which you don't have support for lan/internet play but only for hotseat, you would make sure you get this feature right. It makes me sad honestly.. Did the developers ever say anything about this ? Because I couldn't find anything about this issue.

Sun May 12, 2013 12:30 am

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=31413

I'm just as frustated as you. The horizontal splitscreen was one of the things which made this game appealing.

Wed May 29, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm aware I'm performing a massive necro on this thread. I do have information I wished I had two or more years ago about this thing, and while I'm sure there's people out there who know this, I hate when this happens:

According to the wiki you can use FrameManager to set up your splitscreen preferences using the console. This is how I do it. Some steps may be optional.

- Start a game.
- Press ESC to go back to the main menu (game is now paused).
- Press 'tilde' or whatever console key you have. For me it's the one left of the '1' and underneath ESC.
- Type the following command and press ENTER:
Code:
FrameMan:ResetSplitScreens(true, false)

- Close the console and resume your game.
- If buy menu shows up cropped, closing it and opening it again should fix it.

The command for the default splitscreen configuration is:
Code:
FrameMan:ResetSplitScreens(false, true)

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]