View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Weird things with firearms 

Post Weird things with firearms
Okay, so yeah, I played this game for a while, and, the only thing that bugs me quite a bit apart from the randomly exploding actors, and the [INSERT BUG REPORT HERE], is the weapons. seriously, you need almost half of the mag of a AR (if you're lucky) to kill a light soldier!

Rocket launchers have a too much small blast radius, and grenade launchers have too much range. (everytime I use the thumper, I take at least one shrapnel on the face >_>')

And last, the ronins weapons. I know it makes the faction balanced to have a powerful -but- single action revolver, but if my memory don't tricks me, the Colt SAA fires .45 Cartdridges... and the desert eagle is obliviously chambered in .50Ae (The only model that have 7 rounds on magazine, with the .440 Cor-Bon, but this one is no more used.)

Same with the M60. M60 fires 7.62x51mm NATO, and the M16 5.56x45mm NATO.... the M60 Should be more powerful...

And for the Kar98, does 7.92x57mm Mauser is so much powerful? o.-

It would be more accurate if theses weapons would be removed and remplaced with others, like that

-Peacemaker > Magnum research BFR / M500 [bigger caliber, explaining more power than a DE]

-Saco M60 > M16LMG / M249 With M16 > AR10 Would be more accurate, as with theses changes, power is justified, and the AR10 would actually fit up great in the ronin faction..]

-Karabiner 98k > Barrett/PTRD 1941 [waay bigger caliber, explaining the awesome power, although the RoF would be unbalanced with the barrett, and there is no magazine on a PTRD 1941...]

Anyways, no offense, data or all the mods, I was just saying my point of the things, that's all n.n

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Post Re: Weird things with firearms
bigger bullets doesn't mean more power it just means more powder to launch the given projectile, the powder/projectile amount/weight is what gives you power.

basically even in reality your logic is wrong, more force is more pain size has little to do with it besides the fact that a smaller sharper object is more likely to puncture then bruise.

Last edited by Xotano on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:48 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The only thing that causes damage to an actor is a force greater than its impulse threshold, its gim impulse threshold, or the entry, exit, or break wound caused by a suitably massive, or sharp bullet, or otherwise lua script.

That is to say a bullet is not more damaging because it flies faster, or is more massive or sharper, it's the fact that it, or brooches, causes, or runs one of the respective items above.

Snipers and grenades are lethal because of their high particle count, which can cause wounds, or impulse damage.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Xotano wrote:
bigger bullets doesn't mean more power it just means more powder to launch the given projectile, the powder/projectile amount/weight is what gives you power.

basically even in reality your logic is wrong, more force is more pain size has little to do with it besides the fact that a smaller sharper object is more likely to puncture then bruise.

Are you talking about that thing I said for 5.56X45mm and 7.62X51mm? 7.62x51mm is way more powerful than the 5.56x45mm... my logic may be wrong but this is obvious.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:22 am

Plink wrote:
Are you talking about that thing I said for 5.56X45mm and 7.62X51mm? 7.62x51mm is way more powerful than the 5.56x45mm... my logic may be wrong but this is obvious.

its actually not all that obvious for someone who doesn't know guns and how stuff works.

i think the thing i have the most problem with is the accuracy of the guns not the damage they do, i can kill just about anything given the right equipment to kill with, the long range weapons are usually 1 to 2 shot kills for me while inaccurate things like the stinger and the ak47 take a few clips even with sharp aim, might be cus i always aim for the head.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:50 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It may be a bit inconsistent, but does it really matter?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

Xotano wrote:
Plink wrote:

its actually not all that obvious for someone who doesn't know guns and how stuff works.

i think the thing i have the most problem with is the accuracy of the guns not the damage they do, i can kill just about anything given the right equipment to kill with, the long range weapons are usually 1 to 2 shot kills for me while inaccurate things like the stinger and the ak47 take a few clips even with sharp aim, might be cus i always aim for the head.

Yeah, you can't kill an ennemy at close range without taking a few bullets in the face...

And what about the Stinger? I don't see any Stinger in CC, are you talking about the Coalition rocket launcher?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Plink wrote:
Yeah, you can't kill an ennemy at close range without taking a few bullets in the face...

And what about the Stinger? I don't see any Stinger in CC, are you talking about the Coalition rocket launcher?

the HG-10 Stinger, the browncoat handgun, its an autofire handgun its really inaccurate.

think i wana make a faction where they all have better accuracy with a given type of gun but i'm sure that would need LUA scripting and i havnt messed with that yet.
then i could have an engineer who is good with a shotgun and a soldier who can actually hit something with his assault rifle type gun.

edit: i have better accuracy then the game actors do and I've only fired a gun a few times, played with a simi-auto and i hit at least 75% of my shots, that's while fireing as fast as i can.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Xotano wrote:
Plink wrote:

the HG-10 Stinger, the browncoat handgun, its an autofire handgun its really inaccurate.

think i wana make a faction where they all have better accuracy with a given type of gun but i'm sure that would need LUA scripting and i havnt messed with that yet.
then i could have an engineer who is good with a shotgun and a soldier who can actually hit something with his assault rifle type gun.

edit: i have better accuracy then the game actors do and I've only fired a gun a few times, played with a simi-auto and i hit at least 75% of my shots, that's while fireing as fast as i can.

Oh damn >_<' Sorry about that. and I'm actually making a mod where guns have ammo type (E.G 9x19mm, .45Acp, 7.62 Soviet....) even if I haven't touched the file for weeks now...

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:39 pm

so you going to make it so you have to buy the ammo from the shop for the guns, and the ammo actually runs out and the guns become useless till you get more ammo?

that would be pretty cool but i don't think the cpu/ai/npcs/whatever will be able to play along with that very well.

you would have to make it kinda like ammo on oblivion/fallout3 where the npcs don't actually use ammo but still drop some

thats why you can get unlimited silver arrows on oblivion, just wear a shield and provoke a guard into shooting at you, block the arrows and heal once in a while and then you have all the arrows you could ever want.

Last edited by Xotano on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Xotano wrote:
so you going to make it so you have to buy the ammo from the shop for the guns, and the ammo actually runs out and the guns become useless till you get more ammo?

that would be pretty cool but i don't think the cpu/ai/whatever will be able to play along with that very well.

No, I mean, guns with respective ammo, and not 'coalition AR round' and stuff...I'll expalin later!

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:48 pm

not sure how that would really make much of a difference to anything besides text.

but i am kinda interested in seeing what the mod turns out like.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Nah, no difference, apart from each guns will have same power, as long as they have same ammo, like a PAMAS and a MP5, or a S&W 4500 and a H&K UMP45.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:50 pm

ah ok, but how will you know what ammo the made up weapons use?

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:22 pm

You will only need to look at the description of the weapon. but they will be sci-fi weapons, with non-existent ammo type, like 9.5x35mm, ect.

EDIT : Also you gave me the wish to continue this mod again, if you'd like to help me you'll be more than welcome n_n

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next