View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dead?! 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Dead?!
You don't understand Data's warped sense of time?

Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 pm

You see, he lives within a 5 mile radius of a temporal distortion. Anyone who lives there expiriences time differently, what we consider a year, he considers a week. Communication between the two "time zones" is limited because anything traveling from one to the other experiences rapid cellular degeneration.

In all seriousness, the community comes and goes. It is usually the most dense whenever he releases a dev log or an update.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 pm
happy carebear mom

It's not like you need some first party official modding tools anyway. ini scripting is simple enough that you can learn it in a day or less, and no modding tool will help you sprite any better.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:05 pm

No, but tools could help with the more tedious parts of spriting, like cutting up 100+ sprites from 1 sprite sheet into seperate files. Didn't some dev say you'd release the sprite templates and which ever program you use to cut them up?

CaveCricket48 wrote:
What we (the developers) generally do for actor sprites is sprite all of the actor parts on a sheet and then use a program that splits the sheet into all of the individual parts and names thme correctly as well as putting them into the correct palette.

So, in a way, there is a "master sheet" you could edit if you have it (it isn't distributed with the game), but it wouldn't be of much use unless if you had or made your own splitting program. I would recommend compiling all of the individual sprites you need to edit into your own sheet however, for the sake of making spriting easier, but you'd have to then manually separate them out, or just edit each sprite individually.

I'll ask if the splitting program can be distributed, as well as our sheets.

That, is that ever gonna happen or what?

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:31 pm
happy carebear mom

As a long time community member, my answer is: Don't hold your breath.
Cave's got as close to a hotline to Data as exists. If he can't deliver it, or any of the other dev team members, probably not going to happen.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:34 am

Not much happens with CC anymore. Things stopped moving so quickly after a couple years, a little before you started having to buy the game if my memory is correct. I wouldn't expect anything interesting to happen with the game this year.

I'm personally content to sit in general discussion chatting with long time friends on DRL, and finding out about anything interesting that may happen by happenstance.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:41 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
Not much happens with CC anymore. Things stopped moving so quickly after a couple years, a little before you started having to buy the game if my memory is correct. I wouldn't expect anything interesting to happen with the game this year.

I'm personally content to sit in general discussion chatting with long time friends on DRL, and finding out about anything interesting that may happen by happenstance.

To be fair, if you take 11 years to develop a 2D game with neat physics, you're gonna get slower ratings.

Unless it was an ultraquality 3D ultraphysics life war strategy simulation game that took 11 years, I don't think people would love to stick around. I'm just here for the mods at this point.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2