View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Removed weapon history? 

Post Removed weapon history?
I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could find history of all the removed weapons (and other items) from cortex command. This is mainly just curiosity, I don't play that much, but when I do, I recall that ages ago there were weapons that do not exist now, like the luger. I loved that thing man.

While I'm here, I also like to ask people on my threads if anyone remembers Milo4242 from youtube? He made a bunch of lets yell videos, one of them being "Lets yell at filler: Cortex command: Zombie Cave mission", where he would say things like "Rockets are for babies, real men drop from the skies in boxes!" and "Egads! That zombie has a grenade!"

That guy was just awesome. Shame he's probably dead now.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 am

Post Re: Removed weapon history?
hhm...as long as I remember, here are all the weapons we missed was

-The Heavy sniper rifle

-The shot pistol

-The Revolver Cannon

-The FLAK cannon

-The HAK20

-The Luger, of course

-The Long Rifle, but it's the M1 Garand now.

-The sniper rifle, but, aswell with the Long Rifle, it have been renamed to the Kar98

-The M1600

-The YAK4700

-The Spaz1200

-The bazooka

all o' them have sprites on the faction file, you can just take a look at them for an idea of what it was! ^,-,^

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:09 am

The Imperatus now have the Heavy Sniper Rifle (Banshee), Shotgun Pistol (Chunker) and Revolver Cannon (...Imperatus Revolver Cannon). Ronin have the Bazooka.

The only real losses, then, are the M1600 and YAK4700. Maybe one or two others. Pretty much everything else has been renamed and assigned to a proper faction now.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
The Imperatus now have the Heavy Sniper Rifle (Banshee), Shotgun Pistol (Chunker) and Revolver Cannon (...Imperatus Revolver Cannon). Ronin have the Bazooka.

The only real losses, then, are the M1600 and YAK4700. Maybe one or two others. Pretty much everything else has been renamed and assigned to a proper faction now.

Shotgun pistol have nothing to do with the Auto shot pistol of the coalition.

the imperatus is just a bullpup resprite of the heavy sniper rifle, with less rounds :c

ronin don't have he bazooka, they have the RPG-7 now.

and YAK4700 was very fun to play with, the M1600 not that much. I'd say the M60 remplaced the M1600?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:40 pm

I recall the shotgun pistol, I suppose since we have the obviously superior blunderpop (best weapon in the game, get on my level) it wasn't needed any more.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Vlads wrote:

I'm struggling to see where this remark even came from because I didn't even mention the Coalition.

As stated, the Imperatus currently hold the shotgun pistol - now known as the Chunker. It fires four particles with a fairly wide spread.

-------------------

Vlads wrote:
the imperatus is just a bullpup resprite of the heavy sniper rifle, with less rounds :c

Point is it's still there, in one form or another.

-------------------

Vlads wrote:

The Bazooka is there, it's just commented out of the Ronin's Devices.ini - you could uncomment it if you wanted. I imagine the team felt that having the Thumper, RPG, Bazooka, and RPC was overkill/unnecessary, so they got rid of one of the least interesting. Thumper's got two kinds of grenade. RPG's got shaped blast/proximity. RPC's... well, the RPC.

The YAK and SPAS sprites can still be found in the Ronin's device sprites folder. Wouldn't be too hard to re-add them, even from scratch.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:14 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
Vlads wrote:

I'm struggling to see where this remark even came from because I didn't even mention the Coalition.

As stated, the Imperatus currently hold the shotgun pistol - now known as the Chunker. It fires four particles with a fairly wide spread.

-------------------

Vlads wrote:

Point is it's still there, in one form or another.

-------------------

Vlads wrote:

The Bazooka is there, it's just commented out of the Ronin's Devices.ini - you could uncomment it if you wanted. I imagine the team felt that having the Thumper, RPG, Bazooka, and RPC was overkill/unnecessary, so they got rid of one of the least interesting. Thumper's got two kinds of grenade. RPG's got shaped blast/proximity. RPC's... well, the RPC.

The YAK and SPAS sprites can still be found in the Ronin's device sprites folder. Wouldn't be too hard to re-add them, even from scratch.

You was talking about the auto shot pistol, that was a Coalition pistol >,-,>

and, aswell with all the removed weapons, like I already said before everything to make them work are on the games files.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:06 pm

If you guys don't mind me asking, as you seem know what you are doing, I recall the luger description saying it was extremely accurate. Now, this is what I loved about it, that, and it's totally awesome look (lugers are awesome). What pistol in the game is functionally identical in terms of accuracy? Also, did it have a different sound? I don't recall, but it would be nice to know, considering how much I loved that damn gun.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Vlads wrote:
You was talking about the auto shot pistol, that was a Coalition pistol >,-,>

I don't mean to sound like an ass here, but no, I wasn't. Please go back and read again, because I mentioned nothing about automatic pistols, and nothing about the Coalition.

The only way I could have been is if you were. :???:

-------------------

NeonDarkness wrote:
If you guys don't mind me asking, as you seem know what you are doing, I recall the luger description saying it was extremely accurate. Now, this is what I loved about it, that, and it's totally awesome look (lugers are awesome). What pistol in the game is functionally identical in terms of accuracy? Also, did it have a different sound? I don't recall, but it would be nice to know, considering how much I loved that damn gun.

Honestly? I rarely use pistols in CC as they lack the firepower to make them worthwhile. Barring pistols from mods, at least. All bets are off if we're talking plasma pistols!

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to add a pistol to the AEONTech arsenal.

Your best bets for accurate stock sidearms are probably the Coalition Heavy Pistol, Ronin Desert Eagle, and Ronin Peacemaker - with the Peacemaker being the most accurate judging by the config.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:00 pm
Profile YIM

Awww... but those weapons are so strong! I want the old weak, accurate, cheap luger back. The fact that it was weak was just awesome to me. It was just fantastic standing a mile away from the enemy, taking shots at them with a pistol and slowly watching it chip off their metallic body parts. I miss that incredible feeling. Plus, as mentioned, the luger was just awesomely stylish, so you felt cool doing it too.

Last edited by NeonDarkness on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:09 pm

NeonDarkness wrote:

Yeah, lugers are awesome, they loves to jam each 4 rounds.

Arcalane =
Quote:
The Imperatus now have the Heavy Sniper Rifle (Banshee), Shotgun Pistol (Chunker) and R

so you're saying there was a shotgun pistol before, mh?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:15 pm

So why did they drop the luger? Of all of them it makes the least sense to drop to me.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:26 pm

numanair wrote:
So why did they drop the luger? Of all of them it makes the least sense to drop to me.

I think it was because the ronins had too much pistols. they should make a weapon randomizer or something. like that =
Pistol (Luger, HAK20, Glock...)

Heavy Pistol (Desert eagle, Peacemaker...)

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:42 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

that would be silly.
if i want a peacemaker, i get a peacemaker. deagle doesnt even look like a deagle, so i never buy it.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:12 am
Profile WWW

And when I want brutus, I got dafred due to the randomizer. try, just try to make a better Desert Eagle sprite.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next