View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Cortex Command dead? 

Post Cortex Command dead?
this Game seems really dead now. :roll: I mean seriously like mods are being made less fast, not really hearing from data on cortex command anymore.
when i first started playing cortex command in 2006-07 the game was like amazing favorite game for free as play. then when build 19 came out you had to buy it for like 20$ to play the full version. really messed it up for people that really couldn't afford that back then. which was about six years ago. i was 12-13 years old at the time. i had no money i didn't have a job and tried convince my parents to buy it for me but they were against using credit cards online.
what i think: more mods and more discussions about maybe trying to come up with more mod ideas. or even maybe have an easy understanding tutorials on making mods, scripts. understanding functions. making actors and rockets.

I am 18 now, i have a part time job i work almost 40 hrs/week. so i bought the game. loved it. i am a major fan of this game have been since my old friend which i grew up playing this game (he showed me the game) , we actually still play sometimes.
I wanted to make a mod for the past 6 years but still don't understand the functions of the scripts and variables.

im sorry if i wasted anyone's times but this is just what i think and feel about the game. game is still my favorite game out there i have nothing really against the game. except for the price of it. i will argue about that any day i don't care.

but the real question is, is the game kinda dead now?

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:29 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Cortex Command dead?
Sure, the forums are a bit empty but the game is still in progress. Data even posted about it recently: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45424
There has been a slow trickle of updates to the non-engine stuff over the year by CaveCricket and myself. Mostly bug-fixes and polish but also a little new content.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:27 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I think we'll have some spike of interest in case Data will release another update for Cortex Command or maybe even Planetoid Pioneers. With the recent news in mind I'd say it's not dead, just hybernated.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:21 pm
happy carebear mom

It's the usual lull between updates. Things are especially slow due to lack of mods, however.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:01 pm

ahh makes sense then i just didn't want this game to go down in the trash. this game is awesome. love everything about it.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]