View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 How cortex command should really be 

Post How cortex command should really be
Hi everyone, I have posted here in a while but after watch the build 30 video I have decide that how cortex command currently works is a little disappointing when you watch the video.

I imagine cortex command in 3d like minecraft with better graphics. A 3d world where you can dig a trench around your enemy's bunker and surround them. Try imagining playing cortex command in 3d with an oculus rift. You taking control of different soldiers and looking around and shooting enemy's. Then imagine playing with a delta six virtual reality gun. The games possibility are limitless.

I would love to see cortex command evolve into a truly 3d immersive experience and be the first game of its kind.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 am

Post Re: How cortex command should really be
Yeah.... Not going to happen.

CC does need polish, it needs work, it doensn't need, but it would beneift from more features, guns, etc.

It REALLY NEEDS optimization/cleanup.

But 3D honestly isn't going to happen. If you want that play the old.. crap... what was it called. ace of spades, I think.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:39 am

You know what else would be limitless? The amount of time and effort required to program such a project. It ain't gonna happen - at least, not here.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:16 am
Profile YIM
happy carebear mom

I can imagine a lot of really awesome things. Sadly, most of them will never be.

Why not make a Minecraft mod if what you want is Minecraft with guns? I imagine taking control of mobs has been done by someone, and I know guns have definitely been done. Combining the two ideas would make a neat project to play around with, and then you'd have your Cortex in Minecraft.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:15 am

You should check out 3079/3089. Depending on how astute you are, it may be very difficult to start out. That's probably about as close as you're going to get to CC in 3D for now though.

The only other game I've been watching is Starforge Alpha - but you need a serious machine to be playing it in its current state.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Planet Explorers is pretty promising too.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Speaking of optimization/cleanup. I've been gone for 3+ years. Does the game still require massive amounts of RAM for maps that are big? (ie lots of sky for rockets and dropships and wide enough a sniper shot would land without wrapping?

I ask because I still have the same computer, and it got choppy on larger maps before. For reference the last time I was here it was B23/24

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:06 am

Ouch, that hurts Cortex Command's engine. Sure it would be cool to see trees those actually fall, not just break and float... But Cortex Command's engine does not simply support that stuff. Sure it would be cool to see some water :D

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]