View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 suggestion for B30 

Post Re: suggestion for B30
Apollon wrote:
That door is nice, but I noticed using it in my game kills the FPS like no other. Not sure why, but it does. Anyone else get that?

probably either something something lua or to do with overlapping sprites.

Fri May 16, 2014 2:14 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sims_Doc wrote:
[..]

Anyway, Its apparent since i started playing this game that we need classification for craft and a change to inventory.

Now Gunship and Bomber Classification what are they? simply they are just a craft without a inventory or in the case of a bomber can only load bombs. Why can't we just use a normal ship? you can but the game AI can't which means you'll be deploying your bombs in a normal dropship and then you'll see a gunship explode and suddenly have actors raining down on your base and your dropship..

Now imagine for a second that the AI could send a gunship or bomber and not be able to pack it full of actors wouldn't that be better for overall gameplay??

The AI already have a "Bombing" Behavior with the Dropships, and Drop Bombs. I'm not sure what triggers it, but it usually happens when you turtle pretty hard, and you have exposed units.

As far as a Gunship goes, there have been several modes that go about adding gunships: by Grif, and Abdul. .
(It mostly involves overriding ACDropship behavior, and writing your own AI controller for the craft.)
This concept would be interesting, but it is pretty unreasonable: Unit Drops provide enough "Strafing" to satisfy this, and it is impractical to introduce more complex scripts to an already burgeoningly-slow game.

Sims_Doc wrote:
Apollon wrote:
That door is nice, but I noticed using it in my game kills the FPS like no other. Not sure why, but it does. Anyone else get that?

probably either something something lua or to do with overlapping sprites.

The issue here is that the segmented door is an amalgam of several attached, and individual door actors. The lag comes from, not only the sprites, but the sheer number of actors, ai, and collision boxes (they are also made of static terrain objects, which need to be replaced when the doors fully open/close) spawned from this.

Fri May 16, 2014 11:12 am

counter for how much gold you'll be spending when building bunker in campaign, adding the same building system to every other mode so we can actually remove stuff when we screw up rather than spending more gold to cover it up..

sandbox the ablity to spawn enemys and turn off and on enemys, merge it with sandbox with enemys.

Mon May 19, 2014 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3