|Data Realms Fan Forums
|I'm Surprised Certain Mods Haven't Become Default By Now
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Apollon [ Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:44 am ]|
|Post subject:||I'm Surprised Certain Mods Haven't Become Default By Now|
Hey guys. I've been gone a few years, and now that I'm back with a fresh install, I'm REALLY surprised that some of the mods I used to take for granted were never realized for their genius and simply implemented into Vanilla CC.
I don't mean crazy weapon mods or tons of new factions. I'm simply talking about the little things, like having decent base-building modules to build a better base with. It seems like nothing has been added since I was here last (B24)...In fact it almost seems like we have LESS.
I also came to love the radar screen, which was a room in your base that displayed a minimap on the "wall". Things like that.
I guess it'd also be nice to have doors that don't shatter after one clip from an smg, but I guess that's still the same as always too.
There's so much more. Having a little variety in the building blocks for bases allows for much more interesting designs.
I feel this is bad, because now now I have to go on a day-long mod-hunt to find all the mods that I feel are necessary to bring CC up to snuff. (And that's without even adding new factions, guns, vehicles, or activities.) And I'm an old hat at this, so think of how much harder it will be for someone who's totally new.
I'm also severely disappointed with the lack of stuff in the Workshop. I guess no-one has taken the time to post all the most popular mods yet?
EDIT: I've just looked through some old stuff in the mods release section. Here are some mods I've found that would be good vanilla parts.
- [LFoW's Remastered Modules and Prefabs](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=15347) (Variety of pre-built modules)
- [Watch Tower](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14923) (Pre-built Watchtower with 2 versions)
- [Bunker Module Pack](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=31861) (Because variety is spicy!)
- [Base Defense](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11613&hilit=base+alarm) (Alarm System if enemy enters certain rooms)
- [Map Room](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18848) (Map Room Module with Mini-map Integration and shows terrain)
- [Bunkah Parts](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14425) (Gun Port and Floor Hatch)
- [L&P Fortifications](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=20302) (Pre-made base buildings, so you don't spend 30 minutes building before you even start)
- [Liquid Metal](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45540&hilit=Base+Defense) (Metal Base Modules with ability to customize)
- [Pre-equipped actors](viewtopic.php?f=61&t=21580) (Because individually arming every soldier every game is tedious)
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group