View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 CC could be remove from steam for false advertising 

Post CC could be remove from steam for false advertising
I'm going to point this out because this has happen to past developers that have advertise content that isn't actually in their game, but cortex command could actually be taken down because theres alot of content in game introduction and even in that steam cards that isn't preset and as a result it could be removed on that point alone..

Just a concern i have about it, i'd rather not see it remove.

Tue May 13, 2014 2:32 am

Post Re: CC could be remove from steam for false advertising
But how will I play then

Tue May 13, 2014 3:37 am
happy carebear mom

Cortex has been on steam for quite a few months. If anyone was going to report it for false advertising and have it taken down, they would have done so already (especially seeing as there was a big upswing of disgruntled buyers around the initial Steam release).

Tue May 13, 2014 3:57 am

Duh102 wrote:
Cortex has been on steam for quite a few months. If anyone was going to report it for false advertising and have it taken down, they would have done so already (especially seeing as there was a big upswing of disgruntled buyers around the initial Steam release).

yes, i remember have a very long talk with someone about that and there was even a large group moving against data for what he did.. but there have been plenty of games that have been added on steam in the past that then suddenly get taken down for similar reasons so its just raising a point that could happen.

Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

That would be like half life 2 being taken down because gordon freeman is in stasis between the events of half life 1 and half life 2.

Cortex Command is not a unity game with default assets bought from the store, which is the case with the game you're referring to.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:27 am

Lizardheim wrote:
That would be like half life 2 being taken down because gordon freeman is in stasis between the events of half life 1 and half life 2.

That statement doesn't have any relevants to this at all.

Tue May 13, 2014 6:58 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yes it does, you're claiming that the fact that the intro isn't playable in its entirety makes the whole ship go down for false advertising.

Tue May 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Lizardheim wrote:
Yes it does, you're claiming that the fact that the intro isn't playable in its entirety makes the whole ship go down for false advertising.

Oh, Now i see how your attempting to use that.. in that case the introduction for half life 2 is playable but can only be access VIA console commands or glitchs but even then you've also got the fact that valve never advertise that introduction scene like which has been done with the brain bot in cortex command which is clearly being feature in the games promotional work and other stuff unlike half life 2 which has everything in the game that is advertise.

As a result valve would never take down the product because is isn't advertising falsely and then you've also got the other thing that they wouldn't remove half life 2 from steam because that's just crazy to think that because as like any company they are naturally bias towards to their product you should know this better than most as you work for data realms.

Now do you now understand what i'm trying to say?? because interesting enough i did actually raise a similar point with Space Engineers a few months back and they've taken the time to add all the stuff that was being advertise but wasn't preset.

Tue May 13, 2014 7:51 pm
happy carebear mom

The intro and brainbot etc are not said to be in the game at all, it's just concept art.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:28 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]