View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Important Notes on Build 31 (report bugs and ask here) 

Post Re: Important Notes on Build 31 (report bugs and ask here)
Hey weegee, could you please tell me how to make multiple Cortex Commands with the Steam version to screw around with or use Total Conversions (If that's even possible with the steam version)?

Wed May 06, 2015 5:21 pm

Copy the folder and paste it somewhere.
You can find the folder by right clicking on Cortex Command in your steam library, clicking properties then clicking view local content. Or something like that, I don't remember the exact names off the top of my head and can't check at the moment.

Wed May 06, 2015 8:53 pm

How are AI victories in campaign mode calculated?

Fri May 08, 2015 7:37 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Player which spent more gold developing or invading the territory is more likely to win.

Fri May 08, 2015 1:39 pm

I just had a question: when is Build 31 coming to Humble? It doesn't work through Steam for me.

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:20 am

Game Breaking Bug:

This sometimes occurs during Wave and Survival missions. Ill put the game on Nuts difficulty, Ill give myself 10000 oz, and Ill take my time building an elaborate base. Ill start the game and no enemies will spawn.

Not sure what triggers this. First thought it was the amount of money building the base that triggered the bug. Nope that's not it. Then thought it was the amount of time building the base that caused it. That wasn't it either. Don't know what causes it but its ruining the game for me.

Also, game sometimes crashes for me when alot of particles on screen (ie flamethrowers, disruptor grenades, flame shotguns, etc).

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Actors switching to the MAC-10 immediately after losing their FG arm sometimes causes crashes. It's hard to reproduce, as it only seems to happen if their FG arm gets blown off and they automatically equip the MAC-10 in their BG arm.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:50 am

B31 patch 2 (beta) breaks xbox controller support. I am using Windows 10. My old config for the controllers doesn't seem to map the D-Pad correctly. The right stick is not detected at all and cannot be assigned.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:04 am

Ongar wrote:
Game Breaking Bug:

This sometimes occurs during Wave and Survival missions. Ill put the game on Nuts difficulty, Ill give myself 10000 oz, and Ill take my time building an elaborate base. Ill start the game and no enemies will spawn.

Not sure what triggers this. First thought it was the amount of money building the base that triggered the bug. Nope that's not it. Then thought it was the amount of time building the base that caused it. That wasn't it either. Don't know what causes it but its ruining the game for me.

Also, game sometimes crashes for me when alot of particles on screen (ie flamethrowers, disruptor grenades, flame shotguns, etc).

I think it has something to do with how many actors are on screen. Either its a leftover moid limit check, or something to do with how the AI picks safe spots to land.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:35 pm

The no enemy spawning is due to moids, there's a constant (in constants.lua in base.rte) called MOIDLimit or something like that that defines the limit on the number of MOIDs the game tries to have during base activities. If there are more MOIDs than this number, the activity won't spawn more enemies, which is probably what you're running into.
So, either build smaller bases or increase this number - note that if you do, it won't cause stability issues, but it will probably be laggy.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:21 am

Bad Boy wrote:
The no enemy spawning is due to moids, there's a constant (in constants.lua in base.rte) called MOIDLimit or something like that that defines the limit on the number of MOIDs the game tries to have during base activities. If there are more MOIDs than this number, the activity won't spawn more enemies, which is probably what you're running into.
So, either build smaller bases or increase this number - note that if you do, it won't cause stability issues, but it will probably be laggy.

These are them:

Code:
rte.MOIDCountMax = 210;
rte.DefenderMOIDMax = 140;
rte.AIMOIDMax = 40; -- Per every AI team
rte.NoMOID = 255;

Not sure if changing them works, haven't tested it at all.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:53 am

Browncoat and Ronin factions are still have a little bit of ini bugs with weapons:
AK-47, Uzi, Garand and Browncoat AR-25 have "SupportOffset" parameter set WAY too high, so most of the time vanilla versions of this guns just can not be fired normally -- actor just cant... hm... reach needed point at his gun with his BG hand (especially when actor turns right. I mean it. Check it out).
Because of that "NoSupportFactor" kicks in and breaks accuracy.
It's not that big of a deal, since it can be easily fixed if you know the reason, but still. Not every one knows.

Wed May 15, 2019 7:39 am

Also, Squad system has some weird thing (not sure if it's a bug, though):

if you create a squad, then set the leader to specific mode (gold dig, brain hunt, patrol, ect.) and then break the squad -- all of its former members will be set to former leaders mode.

It's a good way to create waves of AI soldiers to storm enemy bunker, while you sneak behind enemy lines.

But...

If you set leader to "go to" mode and then break the squad - only the leader will be left with waypoint, all other actors will be set to "sentry" mode.

Why not all of them?

It's an issue, because if you don't break the squad, ones its leader dies - others will be back to "sentry" mode and idle, instead of following dead leaders waypoint.

Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 am

And can you make "play random map" option for skirmish? That would be great

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4