View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 so... this game 

Post so... this game
right. hello, modders (if you don't currently mod CC you're either one of the very few that still visit this forum or you come here to learn to mod CC)

as we all know, data realms has moved on to their new game, planet pioneers or something like that. while that's going on, and by the looks of it it'll be going on for a lot of time, this game has been kinda left to rot. i can count the amount of modders on my two hands and this forum has a new post once or twice a week or some other low number like that.

now as we all know, the mods available for this game have achieved things and quality that the base game seems to have missed entirely and maybe that's why this game's community is a bit... slow, now. in my own recent mod the Semi-Heavies i explored all sorts of quality-improving things like animations, complex sound systems and i found all these to vastly improve the game, even if it departed a little from the original idea of "buy an m60 stick it on an imperatus robot and go to town while dropships explode nearby".

and now im thinking, what if we as a community, using all our individual strengths, tried to revamp the game? there's things such as the void wanderers mod, or big packs of quality like Untitled tech that frankly only serves to show how much the vanilla content misses, even with all its concepts and more complicated weapons. sure, we may never get past the engine limitations of CC, no cars or insane do-overs, but i think with some work we could make a mod to bring this game to a more respectable and quality-inspiring level to the point where it could even build a somewhat active community again.

what do you guys think? CC is one of a kind and it pains me to see it dead like this. can we bring it back, or has it lost hope?

Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:16 am

Post Re: so... this game
Given the game's community today, highly unlikely.

CC hit it's modding activity peak a long time ago and lots of great things were made back then. Even total conversions as you've mentioned were made or were in progress, and this was before Lua was introduced. However ever since around build 29 or so the community started to diminish and the modding spark inevitably vanished.

I'm sorry to say, but you're a few years too late.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:02 pm

But that said, it's not like there's no hope for a renaissance. It just needs more people like you, the young and determined. So spread the love, tout CC as a way to start coding/modding (hey, it's true for me), try to recruit as many friends you have into modding CC.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'm still occasionally posting in Mod Making. Don't expect me to do work for you, but I can help a bit here and there with modding.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 pm

Not going to lie, unless you make it yourself to a point where there's some promise, you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone to help.

Not to discourage you or anything, be the change you want to see after all.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 am

carriontrooper wrote:
But that said, it's not like there's no hope for a renaissance. It just needs more people like you, the young and determined. So spread the love, tout CC as a way to start coding/modding (hey, it's true for me), try to recruit as many friends you have into modding CC.

I agree with this guy, iwant to learn moding and coding, the only i can help now it's doing textures

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm

federico544 wrote:
carriontrooper wrote:

I agree with this guy, iwant to learn moding and coding, the only i can help now it's doing textures

https://discord.gg/jCc5JSu

i'm here all the time (im pawnis) to help and show off my own stuff haha

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 am

dragonxp wrote:
Not going to lie, unless you make it yourself to a point where there's some promise, you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone to help.

Not to discourage you or anything, be the change you want to see after all.

is there promise now? look at mod releases

:D

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]