View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Is there any way to make a port for Android devices? 

Post Is there any way to make a port for Android devices?
Currently, there are already high-end devices that can operate almost any app or game. As Cortex Command works well even with low-end computers of 2 GB of RAM and a CPU core with integrated graphics, I imagine that for a phone these days should work much better, what do you think?

PS: Sry bad english, first post

Fri May 18, 2018 4:12 am

Post Re: Is there any way to make a port for Android devices?
Cortex Command uses the graphics library "Allegro" to render, and that library works on iPhone and Android. So, theoretically, yes.
The game has historically been updated every other year for about a decade now, and the last two instances (2016 and 2014) were mainly focused on optimization after the 1.0 release in 2012. So, if the team is going to do anything, it would probably be this year. And yes, modern phones could probably run Cortex Command just fine. It would probably be a good idea if mods and mobile UI could be figured out.

However, most of DRL's attention seems to be on Planetoid Pioneers, as Data is eager to be done with CC after a decade+ of work. He likely wouldn't spare time and money to pay programmers and UI designers to port the game to mobile devices, particularly when he can instead spend that time and money on his current game project... The only reason I could see him doing it is if he had to.
So, realistically, don't hold your breath.

disclaimer: not affiliated with DRL in any way, I've just been a member of the community for over half my life.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:41 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Is there any way to make a port for Android devices?
I know that the developers are focused on Pioneers now, but it can not leave CC behind, it would be very good if they left the base of the development of CC (the programming of C # of the game) to programmers so that we can port it ourselves, it would be a good idea.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]