View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 The HEAT's removal from the CCCP mod.io 

Post The HEAT's removal from the CCCP mod.io

hey guys, pawnis/hoovy here. i'm taking a risk posting this because i was warned by a forum moderator here that HE had been threatened by the CCCP to ban me from this forum. he had to literally send a secret messenger to me (lol) to make a deal about unbanning me, as long as i kept quiet so the CCCP wouldn't know he broke his promise. well, consider that deal broken. what a ♥♥♥♥ joke.

anyway, just popping in to let you guys know that The HEAT was removed yesterday from the mod.io with no prior warning. a guy on the CCCP discord asked why, and he was told by Gotcha, a moderator, that it was removed because of "clowning around" in the mod's description and because it "wasn't going to be updated for the next version of the game".

to clarify, this "clowning" was me mentioning that future content updates to The HEAT would be available for another fork of the game, the CCCC, only. i had already updated The HEAT once to pre4 and was planning to update it to pre5 when that came out, which is not going to be for many months still from what i understand.

so, this guy asked me about that, and i answered as above. Gotcha responded to him by saying that he has personal drama with me and that i somehow can't be trusted. this is coming from a guy who false-reported us off our own mod.io as a duplicate game and later admitted to it:

this is the result of a random guy, bad_beaver, happening to port Gotcha's mods to our fork and mod.io. he'd gone to sleep and we'd all woken up to the entire mod.io gone because Gotcha had taken to reporting everything on it, even the mods that weren't his, before actually asking him to take them down at all. it can only be assumed he asked other people to mass-report it too, given the "i know things" comment.

to top it off, they are now trying to spin it off as me wanting The HEAT removed:

after years of trying to mod and work on cortex command and having all my efforts and work destroyed by these kinds of people, i don't have much energy left to write up some grand exposé on these people anymore. pre4 is missing an ENTIRE SOUND OVERHAUL that you can see in pre3 because they wanted to scrub me off the credits for the project, citing wanting original sounds as the reason then just going on to steal other sounds anyway. it's insanity. they've turned a 2001 pixel game into some sick and twisted KGB power-game roleplay to fuel their own narcissism.

whatever. here are some links:

our fork's homepage: https://www.moddb.com/games/cortex-comm ... ntinuation

The HEAT, which works with that fork: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-heat

an SPF revamp by yours truly: https://www.moddb.com/mods/space-pirate ... um-edition

if this post disappears, it was $WHACKD.

Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]