View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Computer Help/IRC Talk/Debates 
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Computer Help/IRC Talk/Debates
So let's see, if James doesn't warn me for expressing an opinion again, (seriously, he did that, and yes, this is the forum feedback section) here's my thoughts on the three forums.

Computer Help consists of Ophanim flaming topic creators and anyone who posts in a topic. And generally conflicts either resolve with someone A fixing it themselves or B going to an actual tech support forum.

We might as well just make the entire forum a link to two places; Support, for anyone with actual CC related questions, and techsupportforums.org for anyone with a question.

Debates has turned into three people talking about three things in a now-unmoderated circlejerk of thinly veiled flaming and people being stupid.

IRC Talk consists of people posting boring things for boring people who have too much free time to read. Namely, Epic Chats. Seriously, why not just turn the entire ♥♥♥♥ forum into "Epic Chat Board". That way James could still delete threads out of nowhere, but he wouldn't delete the dozens of mediocre posts along with the funny, "rule-breaking" ones.

Mod Making and General both need a 400 pixel tall, six hundred pixel wide giant flashing ♥♥♥♥ banner pointing people to the General Request Thread and the Wiki, respectively.

Users in general need to learn how to report. Here's a couple tips from a professional:
1. Don't POST to say you REPORTED. Honestly.
2. Don't report something and include a link to the rules and why you reported it. Mods know the rules.
3. Don't report anything and everything you see that contains, say, a curse word, a post in a topic more than one week old, or any minor infraction. If it's worth noting, mods will find it themselves.
4. Do report necros, but don't expect anything to be done; they're not a major infraction.
5. See #1. Seriously, don't forget this one.
6. Don't flame someone being stupid. If someone is posting with terrible grammar, capitalization, and spelling, making ludicrous suggestions and insulting you, it's a troll. Really. Report the posts, move on. Or, to deny the troll, make a helpful post. Treat them like anyone else; not like some little brat. Flaming a troll just means their strategy worked.

Global Moderators and Forum Moderators: Since there's about four of you, here's a hint: tell the admins (the one active one, that is) to start removing long-absent people's authority.

Linongion does not need global mod, nor does TheLastBanana (unless he uses it; I act on my own experiences). CherryT doesn't need forum mod, Cinos shouldn't have Global (sorry, but it's not like he does anything with it). Alpert isn't needed on staff, period. Jack still needs to get more ASSERTIVE, and Tim needs to...actually Tim's fine. But don't make public fiascos. Control and Kelas will and are doing fine as globals, but uh, Kelas, please stop talking to James. At all. Seriously.

WizardJames: I've been involved with a lot of things about you, and I really don't need to repeat most of it. I have one suggestion; just one.

STOP DOING THINGS WITHOUT GIVING ANYONE ANY WARNING.

STOP IT. SERIOUSLY. MOST OF WHAT YOU DO IS FINE, REALLY, BUT NEXT TIME, 24 HOURS WARNING WOULD BE AWESOME. SERIOUSLY, THAT'S ALL. JUST TAKE FIVE MINUTES OUT OF YOUR HIGHLY CHALLENGING DAY AND ♥♥♥♥ SAY SOMETHING. PLEASE.

That'll be all, thanks.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:14 pm

Post Re: Computer Help/IRC Talk/Debates
I support Grif on this one, but I guess our beloved Jamesy will just ban everyone here.
LETS GO TOGETHER, LOVE!

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:18 pm

I just went to have a look and I saw about three people who I have never seen before who seem to use all of their posts in the debate forum. That's... odd.

Also yes, most of this is true and correct and I agree with it.
Though I have no idea about the moderators because I never was one.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:31 pm

I don't thinking quoting what rule they broke in a report is a bad thing, it might be unnecessary but it can't hurt.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Grif wrote:
Computer Help consists of Ophanim flaming...
I warn him for doing bad things.

Debates has turned into three people talking about three things in a now-unmoderated circlejerk of thinly veiled flaming and people being stupid.
They wouldn't be, if the forum was still moderated.

IRC Talk consists of people posting boring things for boring people who have too much free time to read. Namely, Epic Chats. Seriously, why not just turn the entire fudge forum into "Epic Chat Board". That way James could still delete threads out of nowhere, but he wouldn't delete the dozens of mediocre posts along with the funny, "rule-breaking" ones.
That's all it's there for anyways.

Mod Making and General both need a 400 pixel tall, six hundred pixel wide giant flashing fudge banner pointing people to the General Request Thread and the Wiki, respectively.
Good idea.

Users in general need to learn how to report. Here's a couple tips from a professional:
1. Don't POST to say you REPORTED. Honestly.
2. Don't report something and include a link to the rules and why you reported it. Mods know the rules.
3. Don't report anything and everything you see that contains, say, a curse word, a post in a topic more than one week old, or any minor infraction. If it's worth noting, mods will find it themselves.
4. Do report necros, but don't expect anything to be done; they're not a major infraction.
5. See #1. Seriously, don't forget this one.
6. Don't flame someone being stupid. If someone is posting with terrible grammar, capitalization, and spelling, making ludicrous suggestions and insulting you, it's a troll. Really. Report the posts, move on. Or, to deny the troll, make a helpful post. Treat them like anyone else; not like some little brat. Flaming a troll just means their strategy worked.
If they did this, there would be no reports. Also, too late #6, you just did that.

Global Moderators and Forum Moderators: Since there's about four of you, here's a hint: tell the admins (the one active one, that is) to start removing long-absent people's authority.
But then there would be no admins D:

Linongion does not need global mod, nor does TheLastBanana (unless he uses it; I act on my own experiences). CherryT doesn't need forum mod, Cinos shouldn't have Global (sorry, but it's not like he does anything with it). Alpert isn't needed on staff, period. Jack still needs to get more ASSERTIVE, and Tim needs to...actually Tim's fine. But don't make public fiascos. Control and Kelas will and are doing fine as globals, but uh, Kelas, please stop talking to James. At all. Seriously.
I just did that once. :<

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:07 pm

If people need help with IRC it would go in IRC talk, as it has in the past. We don't need that ♥♥♥♥ clogging up GD.

Also have a big warning at the top above board index/all times are UTC banner that has a dotted border and is bright red and has a warning of things going to happen in 24 hours like entire forums being deleted(debate).

Remember when you guys deleted all numgun's ♥♥♥♥?

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:06 pm

I thought it was Numgun, who was pissed at WJ. And so Nummie himself removed the stuff.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:50 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Yeah it uh was.

Remember when WJ totally deleted corp forums?

Or demodded Daman and I?

Or did anything he's ever done? Every time, out of nowhere.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:55 pm

Hey guys debate forum is gone.
You heard it from me first!

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:06 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Deleted shortly after I posted this.

WJ then tried to get me to do something on IRC worth banning me for (I assume) but failed.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]