View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 My IP has been blacklisted? 

Post My IP has been blacklisted?
I keep getting this error;
Quote:
Your IP xxx has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=xxx.

Whenever I post, I don't think I've done anything to get blacklisted. Some knowledge on why this is would be nice.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Post Re: My IP has been blacklisted?
XXX is not an IP Address. An IP Address looks like this 208.77.188.166

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:34 am
Profile YIM WWW

Pretty sure he changed it due to internet paranoia, in any case, the problem is that your IP address is too similar to the IP address of a known spam bot or something.

Unless you've invested in a static IP or something, you can change your IP by restarting your router. I think. That's how Pyro dodges his IRC bans anyway.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:39 am

TrouserDemon wrote:
Pretty sure he changed it due to internet paranoia, in any case, the problem is that your IP address is too similar to the IP address of a known spam bot or something.

Unless you've invested in a static IP or something, you can change your IP by restarting your router. I think. That's how Pyro dodges his IRC bans anyway.

Or if you don't have a router, and your connected directly to the modem, through ethernet, you can use an IP Spoofer. they might be illegal though depending on where you are. also viruses could be a problem, and you have to REALLY know what your doing.

This applys to getting past IP Blocks of all kinds.

SO ACTUALLY, If restarting your router doesnt work, Or if your directly connected to the modem, And this is a consistent program for more than a week, Call your internet provider and ask them A) How often they change IPs, and If they could change yours, BECAUSE you are getting an IP Block X site, for no known reason. I once got a permanant IP Ban from a website with a 4 in it, because my ISP cycles IPs and I got stuck with someone else's Perma-ban for about 3 weeks..... but then I found out that it was a 3-week cycle, and started getting permanant IP bans in places on intentionally, on the last 2 days... That is also the only trolling i've ever done. man... those where the days... This generation is gonna have some weird nostalgia....

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Or you could just contact one of the admins and tell him the IP address being blocked, and he'll do what he can.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]