View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Deleted topic 

Post Re: Deleted topic
Ophanim wrote:
Someone registers an account named moot and we're fudge.

you called?

Mon May 04, 2009 3:23 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Not funny venn. Not funny.

Mon May 04, 2009 3:28 am
Profile WWW

I just needed to do it before TrouserDemon did.

Also I never made an alt on facepunch, so I thought I should on DRL.

Mon May 04, 2009 3:30 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Everyone knows I'd win the vote for admin (I've won every other vote on this forum ever) so it'll never be done.

Because you're all PUSSIES.

Mon May 04, 2009 3:32 am

yeah well mods shouldn't delete anything ever you should put that in mod chat too TheLastBanana

how about you post "REMOVE DELETE GIVE US THAT SOFTDELETE YOU HAD ON THE TEST FORUMS WIZARDJAMES" in there too

If a response is more than one line, it shouldn't be deleted to the point where the content can't be recovered.

Fri May 15, 2009 6:21 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

We've already got those two in there.
The funny thing is until I became admin and fixed it, the junk auto-pruned every 5 days anyway. So deleting is the same us junking until recently.

Fri May 15, 2009 11:44 pm
Profile WWW

wow this thread is full of looking at this in the wrong way.

The rule is no threads in alternate languiges. because you can't moderate foreign languiges. If this is true then why did they create F-ing BABEL FISH.

Secondly a topic ABOUT foreign languige should, because thats whats being discused, should theoretically require say, use of babelfish to ensure its valid, and thus overrule the rule, purely on prinicpal. How many people on the forums aren't native english speakers? ALOT. Some of the best moders like IVAN.

3rd: rules exist so that people know what is and isn't a banable offence, if a mod has a grudge and makes up a reason to ban someone, the mod has thus broken the rules, as there was no reason but "i don't like you'

This happened in the past, and I believe we actually LOST moderaters because they where and still are compleate ♥♥♥holes. This is a democracy, because if the mods piss us off, and the whole F-ing forums leave, guess what, No CC forums, the game dies, and the mods have lost the game.

That said, I feel we should be able to vote to un-delete threads and require better moderation (rather than the logic of 'i don't know it, F-it'), and bans should be appeal able, like on EVERY OTHER FORUM I'VE EVER SEEN. Appeals would be simple, One mod bans you, you appeal, ALL the mods have to vote, siting valid reasons, with your argument. That F-ing simple.

Sat May 16, 2009 12:32 am
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
This is a democracy,

No, this is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship.

And if one group of people don't like a moderator, and then leave in protest, the forums will keep on ticking. Most visitors are only here for mods, and to learn how to mod, they don't care about all our silly drama.

Sat May 16, 2009 12:43 am

TrouserDemon wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
This is a democracy,

No, this is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship.

And if one group of people don't like a moderator, and then leave in protest, the forums will keep on ticking. Most visitors are only here for mods, and to learn how to mod, they don't care about all our silly drama.

Do we need to bring up a list of moderators who are nolonger moderators because everyone got pissed at them? its a pretty hefty list considering the small size of these forums. isn't it around 1/3 - 1/5 of all of our moderators since the forums started or some crap?

and if people get banned because 1 moderator doesn't like them, or there having an intelectual discussion about forieng languige, to learn, then people should damn well be pissed, and that mod, whoever the hell they are, shouldn't be a mod anymore. its called REASON, If a mod doesn't have REASON, they don't have RIGHT to be a moderator, because it requires Rational, Objective thought, and REASON. you k now, MORALITY, something that 80% of this ENTIRE FORUM lacks. I've seen nicer trolls on 4chan than some of the mods we've had in the past, because of this EXACT kind of ♥♥♥♥. and this bull♥♥♥♥ of not knowing which mod banned you, has got to stop, because they'll just keep annon-a-banning until there isn't a forum left.
If everyone who got banned at some point never came back, this would probably be a forum of 6 people.

Sat May 16, 2009 2:04 am
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Do we need to bring up a list of moderators who are nolonger moderators because everyone got pissed at them? its a pretty hefty list considering the small size of these forums. isn't it around 1/3 - 1/5 of all of our moderators since the forums started or some crap?.

more moderators have resigned than have been forcefully removed

i wonder why

Sat May 16, 2009 3:06 am

Quote:
if a mod has a grudge and makes up a reason to ban someone, the mod has thus broken the rules, as there was no reason but "i don't like you'

it's funny you happen to be talking to TLB when you say that

Sat May 16, 2009 4:18 am

I put up a link to a free translation site so you can copy paste it into whatever text needed a translation.

Sat May 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Shard wrote:
I put up a link to a free translation site so you can copy paste it into whatever text needed a translation.

Thats part of the point I was making, in that respect, thank you.

Daman wrote:
Quote:
if a mod has a grudge and makes up a reason to ban someone, the mod has thus broken the rules, as there was no reason but "i don't like you'

it's funny you happen to be talking to TLB when you say that

Thats not quite how I meant it, I wasn't really thinking. all I'm saying is that banning someone for no reason but a grudge is rude, and shouldn't be aloud, and the instance of the foreign language rule should be over ruled in a discussion about foreign language based on common sense, and the little extra effort should be put in. Thats all I was trying to say in that respect.

Sat May 16, 2009 7:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Shard wrote:
Thats part of the point I was making, in that respect, thank you.

I didn't read through the posts, didn't feel like it. :)

Sat May 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Why is this topic still active?
I do not whatever

Sat May 16, 2009 8:34 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2