View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 User Titles 
Banned

Post User Titles
So, you all are idiotic.

a) Moderators suck at using the Banned use rtitle. When you unban someone, or a ban expires take off the user title. You look silly when you have people with those user titles posting on the forum

b) Inane, useless user-titles. Dauss, Duh, Cinos. Why don't we just start giving out user-titles to everyone! I want a user title, who's ♥♥♥♥ do I have to suck for that?

c) Awful colors. Seriously, sky blue for Duh? Really? Puke green for banned?

Normally I got the mod staff's back on administrative matters, but this time you guys fail.

Last edited by ProjektTHOR on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:35 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Post Re: User Titles
I totally agree about removing the ban title, unfortunately us mods are unable to alter those. And I agree, some less obnoxious colors for banned people would be welcomed

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:44 pm

ProjektTHOR wrote:
b) Inane, useless user-titles. Dauss, Duh, Cinos. Why don't we just start giving out user-titles to everyone! I want a user title, who's ♥♥♥♥ do I have to suck for that?

OH GOD NOT SOMETHING USELESS GOD FORBID SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T SERVE A PURPOSE ON AN INTERNET FORUM FULL OF TEENAGERS ANYTHING BUT THAT OH NO.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

ProjektTHOR wrote:
Seriously, sky blue for Duh? Really?

This was actually given to me as an option. Sorry for causing you mental anguish.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:51 pm

well Duh, it doesn't fit with the forum colour scheme and makes you stand out like you are the most important person on the forum, it's not possible to somehow miss a thread/new post by you(unless you are colourblind)

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Oh god not someone more special than I am this is a travesty an abomination a cataclysm even.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

S'why I apologized.
Given the option of a special color, I figured it should be different than the other reserved colors, most of which are primary colors.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Good choice for a color imo.
On a sidenote, whats with the enlarged topic title pictures?
The small ones looked much better.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:17 pm

The titles are ♥♥♥♥ worthless, no one gives a ♥♥♥♥ if you're a god damn "Mod Contest" runner. You don't deserve a special colour or titles.

Banned people; Yeah maybe it would be fine if ya know, THIS FORUM ACTUALLY DIDN'T ♥♥♥♥ SUCK ♥♥♥♥ AND WOULD REMOVE THE TITLE/COLOUR WHEN THE PERSON WAS UNBANNED OR WE HAD ♥♥♥♥ USEFULL AND COMPETENT ADMINS AND MODS.

Point being; you are all ♥♥♥♥ stupid, our admins are ♥♥♥♥ incompetent, our mods are ♥♥♥♥ worthless, and Data no longer gives a ♥♥♥♥ about us. Welcome to hell.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Should have picked A slightly lighter shade of the normal user color, Duh.

And, yes, the forum does not seem quite as well kept lately, Kelas.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

You sound like a 14 year old from the suburbs bitching because his parents do things that are good for him. Go finish your bottle off, take a nap, and come back when you're feeling better.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Duh has a Mod Contest Runner title because I gave him permissions so he can moderate his thread and update the hall of fame (which is locked and can't be edited by normal users, even the OP). Because of the way the forum is set up, this involves making a new group and title anyway, so I gave him the option of a color. If anything, the lot of you should probably support this given that fact that you find the moderators "too incompetent" to deal with these things on their own.
The banned title sticks, once again, because of how the forum is set up. Nobody has any way of dealing with this aside from directly removing the title, which involves it being communicated to us that the title is still there. The other option is to get Wizard James to go and modify the PHP script so that once a user is removed from the banned group, it removes the title as well.
And really, I'm terribly sorry about the clashing colors. I had forgotten that the fashion police were commoners of DRLFF.
Assuming you've actually read this far and haven't given up in light of my attitude, perhaps consider next time bringing these things up in a bit less of an asshat manner. Personally I find it a bit silly for all of you to complain about the forum looking unproffesional in such an openly whiny and rude way. I have no problem dealing with these problems if you would bring them up before everybody feels the need to jump in on the bandwagon and whine.

Now, for anyone who is willing to deal with this in a way that won't just illicit a snarky reply, what colors do you want to see for the groups?

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Banned

I'm less concerned about the fact he has a user title and more bothered by the stupid color. It doesn't need to be different. There's no reason he needs more than just a user title. It distracts from everything because it is such a contrast to the dark, dreary theme. Just use the default color and use his custom user title. Problem solved.

I blame everyone else here for asshattery. I just made a simple set of comments.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:42 am
Profile YIM
Moderator Hero

CrazyMLC wrote:
And, yes, the forum does not seem quite as well kept lately, Kelas.

If you mean "lately" as in the past week and a bit, I've been moving and I have very sporadic internet access. If you mean ever since we were appointed moderators, well then ♥♥♥♥.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:56 am

And to quote Moby, "We are all made of stars"

Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next