View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Alternate punishment methods. 

Post Re: Alternate punishment methods.
Hahah.
Yeah, thor is speaking my mind currently. Its not that I want to talk about what you're doing very much, I just want to know its happening. Its kind of like the current devlog's affliction, but backwards: no updates if little forward progress is made, and a million updates otherwise.
Here, its more like no updates if progress is being made (unless something huge happens), and complaints/bans when anything bad happens. Heck, sometimes we dont even hear much about the bans, someones name just goes grey. It would be nice to have a "news" thread that the admins can edit and bump (that button is very handy) in the event of something happening. Major news at the top, minor news at the bottom, keep the latest 2 major news events and the latest 4 minor, or whatever seems appropriate. That way, we get to know what you're doing, and you dont have the hassle of cleaning up RAEG about your decisions all the time.

Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Hero

Kelas wrote:
You're better off PMing an admin, not some piss-ant moderator.

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Seraph wrote:
Kelas wrote:
You're better off PMing an admin, not some piss-ant moderator.

[imagequote]

You are now officially the only moderator that should be an admin.

No-no image quoting plz. -Duh

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Duh was the blue power ranger?! :0

ok, right now I'm scared...

Please try to keep it on topic. I know my picture was ambiguous but I'll accept a slap on the wrist for that. - Seraph

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:45 pm

So, in conclusion, until you make a solid concrete rule that says I am not allowed to quote other images in my posts, I will continue to do so.

My common sense says I may post however I please. Your idea of common sense is much different than mine. Try policing a set of ethics more kthx.

Last edited by Kelas on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:43 pm
Banned

Hey Kelas, your nitpicking is only going to get you banned. You of all people know those are just "guidelines" and there is no real need for anyone to officially haul you off.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:53 pm
Profile YIM

I refuse to adhere to a set of guidelines that can be changed an interpreted differently from moderator to moderator, admin to admin.
If Duh thinks I shouldn't quote images, and Dauss doesn't care, obviously if Duh comes across my post first, or at any given point, well guess what? I'm ♥♥♥♥ out of luck, and I could even end up a warning, or temporary ban, all because what Duh thinks is not in the "guidelines" and he has the discretion to do what he pleases based on what he deems proper.

Either the rules are the rules and that's all that people will be penalized for, or the rules are "guidelines" and over zealous moderators such as Duh have the right to over-step the rules and effectively ♥♥♥♥ on whomever they want with erroneous rules that they have the "right" to implement at any given time.

Last edited by Kelas on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:04 pm
Banned

inb4 "not a democracy."

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile YIM

I don't care what this forum is in terms of government, it effectively has none. I am simply pointing out the serious flaws in it. And if this forum's system of authority is so insanely flawed then it's users can and will be flawed. You want people to obey to a set of rules then fine. Have them set up, defined, and absolute. Nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise, certain users will be penalized for things they honestly had no idea were wrong to begin with while other users get away with whatever they please because the wrong moderators never saw it.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:13 pm
Banned

Weasel said somewhere why we don't have fixed rules. Can't remember where, though.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Profile YIM
DRLGrump

A side note, you've described facepunch perfectly.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Metal Meltdown wrote:
Weasel said somewhere why we don't have fixed rules. Can't remember where, though.

Yeap, because they rule and there's no way the rules can be used against the operator who holds that tool,
because are dinamic rules, they change as polities changes together with moderator/staff desires.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:09 pm
Moderator Hero

Feel free to argue with me if I warn you, I'll instantly show what I've done to every moderator and admin that's around and see if what I've done is right. Even though they say this isn't a democracy, you have every right to call us out on something just as long as you're tactful about it. If you have a problem just tell us.

And don't forget: Ignorantia juris non excusat. So you do something wrong, boo hoo. The most we'll do is either warn you or my personal favourite: PM you to ask you not to do it again. Big deal.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Kelas wrote:
Either the rules are the rules and that's all that people will be penalized for, or the rules are "guidelines" and over zealous moderators such as Duh have the right to over-step the rules and effectively ♥♥♥♥ on whomever they want with erroneous rules that they have the "right" to implement at any given time.

The latter. Edit: Minus the pessimism.

However, moderators are not impervious to discipline themselves - if you feel you have been wrongly handled or your posts were unjustly censored, bring the issue to me and I'll take a look at the situation and moderate for you. If I believe the moderator overstepped his/her authority, I will deal with it.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Quote:
The Congress shall have Power - To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

the constitution did not explicitly say that you were prohibited from stabbing people in the left testicle with a dull knife on tuesdays

that does not mean you are allowed to

kelas you are such a deliberately and pointlessly contrary ♥♥♥♥
I mean
for the love of god
virtually everyone on irc are ♥♥♥♥ dumb about weasel and constantly bitching about "oh change boohoo" but they get the ♥♥♥♥ over it

you are just
continually obstinate without rhyme or reason

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next