View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Removed Joined/Location user details 

Post Re: Removed Joined/Location user details
Mind wrote:
The whole idea of
2.) then saying we'll have the option of displaying or not

Your joined/location/posts user details won't be optionally reinstated. I don't know where you got that from, so your post is invalid.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:50 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

I am with the consensus that post count is not really an indicator of anything other than e-peen, you may realise I do not post very often, that's because I put thought into every post and always try not to post something I think is not really worthy of posting. I would say that join date is a more appropriate newb-ness indicator and I generally look at that when evaluating a mod and I will say that yes I do discriminate mod quality based on join date, because it seems to actually be a very good indicator of the quality of modding knowledge, as the older forum members will likely know the general accepted mod standards and the attitude of the forum towards pretty shabby mods. and lets face it, I think we can all agree on the fact that the location field was pretty much a load of crap with frequently seeing cases where people didn't actually want to input their location and instead put stupid things such as "Location: ...right behind you". If anyone seriously considers post count to be a good idea then you are either trying to cause further arguments or see post count in some other way that I haven't considered.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Banned

This thread is just as over as the signature thread. It's not up for discussion or debate. Why people continue to talk as if their opinion truly matters on this subject is beyond my comprehension.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:19 pm
Profile YIM

I'm still reading all the posts with the faint hope that someone will post a compelling argument, so I'm willing to leave the thread open. Unfortunately "WHY?!" and "this is stupid" and "it was fine before" aren't exactly compelling.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Without the post count and join date infos people forget to say 'Welcome new member!', etc.
I think it would be good at have join date on posts. I have noticed that I do want to check, and it is annoying to have to click the profile button to get the join date.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

I'm agreeing with MLC. I've seen some mods and questions, and I still look at the place where join date used to be to.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:34 pm
Banned

You shouldnt be passing judgment on users based on their join date and post count. That's kind of why wheez removed them. Congrats on justifying his decision.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 pm
Profile YIM

Saying hello to new members is passing judgement? :???:

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Not you, you dummy. Did I quote your post? No. Read up a bit.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:07 am
Profile YIM

@Grif: Never said I was gonna leave, and I just think these decisions are nonsensical. I'm not complaining, just saying that as an admin, he should be making decisions that benefit the forum, not make stupid decisions that he just does for giggles.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:11 am
DRLGrump

ProjektTHOR wrote:
You shouldnt be passing judgment on users based on their join date and post count. That's kind of why wheez removed them. Congrats on justifying his decision.

Of course I should. Let's say there's a brand new member fresh off the registration screen asking for help. I'll treat him differently than say...someone who's been lurking for two years. :???:

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:53 am
Banned

No, you shouldn't.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:59 am
Profile YIM
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Mind wrote:
@Grif: Never said I was gonna leave, and I just think these decisions are nonsensical. I'm not complaining, just saying that as an admin, he should be making decisions that benefit the forum, not make stupid decisions that he just does for giggles.

not understanding a decision does not make it an invalid decision nor does it mean that a decision has to be reversed

SPOILERS: THE ECONOMIC STIMULUS PACKAGE WAS MADE BECAUSE IT IS NECESSARY TO INJECT MONEY (AND GO INTO DEBT) TO GET OUT OF A RECESSION

this does not mean that the massive groundswell of people who don't know economics are justified in their decision to blindly rage that RAGH SPENDING MONEY AREN'T WE ALREADY IN DEBT RAGH RAGH RAGH RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

disagreeing with a decision does not mean that a decision does not make sense.
not seeing the reasoning or being denied the reasoning behind a decision does not mean that it does not make sense

do you require dissertations on the functions of the digestive system before you make the decision to go to the bathroom? no

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:55 am

Ok. Since you are implying it does make sense, then what sense does it make?

P.S.(SPOILERS: STIMULUS ISN'T HELPING THE RECESSION SO FAR AND NATIONAL DEBT IS DOUBLED SO GO FIGURE)

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:48 am

Mind wrote:
Ok. Since you are implying it does make sense, then what sense does it make?

not telling!

Quote:
being denied the reasoning behind a decision does not mean that it does not make sense

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:51 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next