View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Roll to Dodge and CYOA. 

Post Re: Roll to Dodge and CYOA.
Merge it all into one big "games" thread. That way they all die because they are all in the same thread and nobody can keep up with them anymore.

Mon May 31, 2010 7:50 pm
happy carebear mom

Hm, moving them to gaming would solve one problem. Afaik, only Off Topic approved posts don't count toward user approval, so moving the whole lot to Gaming would make those only-OT users into full time users, thus removing the requirement for moderators to approve every single post of theirs.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:08 pm

So move them all to Off Topic. The issue isn't an unattended violation of rules. It is the absence thereof.

Frankly "Gaming" and "Off Topic" should be condensed anyway so what does it matter? Merge "Off Topic" and "Gaming" into a new "Off Topic." This allows you to keep the forum games segregated from the rest of the community and prevent post counts from being attributed.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:35 am

I don't see why people are so upset about these threads. It's like furries. It doesn't matter if you don't really see the appeal of it, but that doesn't mean you should hate people who do.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:39 am

The problem here is that there is a valid point being shrouded by peoples perceived hatred of the threads. They really ought to be categorized in their own place so as to not completely dominate the subforum. They also ought to be centralized for simplified organization. Why would six threads of the same type be located in two places?

We (I believe) six large, popular threads that have no bearing on the community or product at large. They are largely patronized by members whose post presence rarely (if ever) exists outside off-topic (with uncommon or rare exception).

The only arguments as I see them would be that a) Threads that don't have any impact on the game should not be dominating the new posts feed. b) These threads are populated with non-contributory users. c) There is no official rule that dictates how they are handled with regards to thread size, location, or enrollment (as is typical with this board).

Not saying that those are things I am for or against, but they are the facts of the matter.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:48 am
happy carebear mom

Strictly speaking, nothing inside Off-topic is contributory toward Cortex Command as a product, including the Gaming subforum, so I'm not sure that's a very helpful point to raise here.

Merging both into a new Off-Topic won't really fix the problem, since people will still complain that RTD* is at the top of the page where they can't see Post Your Pictures (or insert your favorite OT thread here) for the new posts sign on RTD.

As for who populates RTD, what does it matter? The users are still part of the community, despite whether or not they contribute to Cortex. They are contributing to the community of DRLFF, and as much as even I consider them "outsiders", they really aren't.

My argument boils down to that fact right there; no matter where a user posts on this forum, they are still part of the community, and should not be treated as some sort of second class citizen.

There is one standard of behavior for all users of this forum, outlined in the rules. Everyone is equal under this law. Because forum games have been banned for so long, they occupy a gray area in moderator enforcement that should soon stabilize.

My special thanks to Grif for both putting up with the games while showing the proper way to moderate them.

*Wherever I mention RTD, consider it a placeholder for any of the forum games currently under discussion.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:11 am

Not advocating anything, just bringing to light the issues, broheim. My advocacy is remove OT--just for the record.

And yes the best kind of moderation is ignoring it.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 am

Wait, wasn't grif's official action, inaction? Didn't he just let Daman or Orphanim or someone troll it completely freely? I suppose he changed his mind then.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:29 am

Contrary wrote:
Wait, wasn't grif's official action, inaction? Didn't he just let Daman or Orphanim or someone troll it completely freely? I suppose he changed his mind then.

i don't troll.

Quote:
Merging both into a new Off-Topic won't really fix the problem,

heh thats a really stupid idea lol

the only good idea is sticking them in the gaming section(which should have post count disabled anyways because it's under OT)

because then the top six topics in OT which the same 6 people contribute to would stop stagnating the rest of the section

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:42 am
happy carebear mom

Contrary wrote:
Wait, wasn't grif's official action, inaction?

No, no, this one.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 am
Loose Canon

It's pretty stupid that this really needs to be argued over so much. They are games, move them to gaming. Feel free to do so to mine, I don't really mind/care where it is. Yoman987, ragdollmaster, and dexexe1234 should be consulted for their opinion over theirs, but go ahead and move the original if it makes you happy/solves the problem.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

Hyperkultra wrote:
It's pretty stupid that this really needs to be argued over so much. They are games, move them to gaming. Feel free to do so to mine, I don't really mind/care where it is. Yoman987, ragdollmaster, and dexexe1234 should be consulted for their opinion over theirs, but go ahead and move the original if it makes you happy/solves the problem.

but it isn't really a matter of anyone's opinion

it's the fact that games...go in the gaming section. idk what is so hard to understand about categorization.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:49 am

I'm really confused. No one is upset? On the internet?

I think message board games should get it's own subforum and that gaming should be merged with OT. Most people here play video game anyways so it wouldn't be too much of a "argh why is this cluttering up my board while I am trying to read things" as RTD seems to be. Plus, it wouldn't tickle weasels "I HATE SUBFORUMS" bone, as the net number of sub forums would be the same.

I know many people here are like, 10 and I therefore really enjoy random spam topics. I know I do. I think a full subforum would really allow that sort of thing to proliferate in a controlled way.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:00 am

Those game threads are a bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ cancer.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

whitty wrote:
Those game threads are a bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ cancer.

And then you use the words "♥♥♥♥♥♥" and "cancer", thus completely invalidating any point you were even attempting to make.

Hey kids - if nothing worse happens, they're not going away. Sorry!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:12 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2