View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:19 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Roll to Dodge and CYOA. 

Post Roll to Dodge and CYOA.
Seriously this ♥♥♥♥ is getting ridiculous, there are like four of these threads going around already, and they're all populated by the same group of four to six guys. I think they should be moved to gaming, as they are games, where they will avoid cluttering up the general section.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:24 am

Post Re: Roll to Dodge and CYOA.
shadow wrote:
Seriously this ♥♥♥♥ is getting ridiculous, there are like four of these threads going around already, and they're all populated by the same group of four to six guys. I think they should be moved to gaming, as they are games, where they will avoid cluttering up the general section.

yeah i remember this....terrible games cluttering up off topic.... what was the solution last time??? oh yeah deleting them all. lol.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:41 am

Gaming = Video Gaming Chat.
Off Topic Chat = Off Topic Chat.

RtD & CYOA = Off Topic Chat.
RtD & CYOA ~= Video Gaming Chat.

If it bothers you THAT much, ask for another subforum to be made.
I don't see the big issue, though. If those threads don't entertain you, then ignore them.

Daman: The purpose of this whole forum is entertainment. If somebody enjoys something, and it doesn't break any rules, then that is reason enough to keep it around.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:52 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
Gaming = Video gaming.
Off Topic Chat = Off Topic Chat.

RtD & CYOA ~= Video gaming.

I don't see the big issue, though. If those threads don't entertain you, then ignore them.

Why would they need a new subforum? They are games. The gaming section is about gaming in general, there are several topics about roll plays, and other things of that nature in there already.

CrazyMLC wrote:
I don't see the big issue, though. If those threads don't entertain you, then ignore them

They would be easy to ignore if there weren't four of these ♥♥♥♥ things. That, in my opinion, is a number way to large for a small forum. Hell it wouldn't be bad if they were all being used by different members, but it seems like Ragdollmaster, you, Dragon XP, Hyperkultra, Foa, and Tomaster are the only ones playing these things. I have nothing against you guys personally, but seriously these threads need to stop popping up on a two to three week basis.

Mon May 31, 2010 11:12 am

And I quote:
shadow wrote:
Hell it wouldn't be bad if they were all being used by different members, but it seems like Ragdollmaster, you, Dragon XP, Hyperkultra, Foa, and Tomaster are the only ones playing these things.

Here is the list of all of the people who have participated in these games.
Code:
CYOA: Hephaestus Thunders!
dexexe1234
DevilStreet
whitty
Strokend
Ragdollmaster
Plagorath
Lizard
Oobagoo
Benpasko
matty406
DSMK2
Foa
Joe
411570N3
Daman
Contrary
Azukki
grinningCat
Raziel
CrazyMLC
alphagamer774
Duh102
Point.blank
dragonxp
SneakyRobot
caekdaemon
FoiL
alphagamer774
Ociamarru
dragonxp
Requisite
dhart5000
bbbzzz234
Point.blank
Tearagion
Daman (?)
Tomaster
Foa
ShadoWKilleR255
JJA79
Ragdollmaster
Cadwaller
Repulsion
dragonxp
dhart5000
TechnoGeek
HighEndNoob
BioBen
Yoman987
TechnoGeek
caekdaemon
Exalion
Mouse
Benpasko
wiffles

Ragdollmaster, dragonxp, Hyperkultra, Foa, Tomaster, and I are not the only ones that play these games. Get your facts straight.

(Note: this is not including the CYOA that Cinos ran a while back. If it did, most if not all of the forum members would be on this list.)

Please remember, you are not required to click on every thread that has a new post. If you don't want to see the posts in a thread it's really easy to ignore them. In fact, you could argue that it is easier to not check the threads.
Just mark is as read, and move on.

Mon May 31, 2010 11:55 am
Profile WWW

There are many of the same names in those threads. At any given time the group of people i listed are posting in two of those threads.

Also, most of those threads sit at the top of the off topic section for weeks. It gets irritating after a while. The new topics that do occur get buried under Roll to Dodge and other things of that nature. I honestly don't have a problem with the threads themselves, it's just that there are so many of them.

Seriously look at that.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:03 pm

List of people who have participated in more than one of those events listed.
Code:
Ragdollmaster
Benpasko
Foa
Daman
CrazyMLC
alphagamer774
Duh102
Point.blank
dragonxp
Hyperkultra
caekdaemon
dhart5000
Yoman987

You could say that this is not a small market.

That is not the issue, however.
Here is the list of people, with no duplicates:
Code:
dexexe1234
DevilStreet
whitty
Strokend
Ragdollmaster
Plagorath
Lizard
Oobagoo
Benpasko
matty406
DSMK2
Foa
Joe
411570N3
Daman
Contrary
Azukki
grinningCat
Raziel
CrazyMLC
alphagamer774
Duh102
Point.blank
dragonxp
SneakyRobot
Hyperkultra
caekdaemon
FoiL
Ociamarru
Requisite
dhart5000
bbbzzz234
Point.blank
Tearagion
rjhw1
Tomaster
Foa
ShadoWKilleR255
JJA79
Cadwaller
Repulsion
TechnoGeek
HighEndNoob
BioBen
Yoman987
TechnoGeek
Exalion
Mouse
wiffles

That's about 49 people. 49 is a large number.
Perhaps this supports your point of needing to be moved to another subforum.
But why should the Gaming subforum be buried? That is also a commonly used forum. If moving the threads is the answer, we need a new area.

Still, shadow, it's 3 threads. Man up and ignore them. It's like saying you want the stickies moved because they're always above the other threads.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

Not really considering that the forum has something like five thousand members. Of course we probably only have like 200 active members including lurkers, and people who post sporadically.

Also, you left every member who has posted in more than one thread in the larger list, as well as including the people who post in those threads without contributing anything to them.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:29 pm

It was meant to count how many people in total play, without people occuring in the list twice.
I took everyone who posted an action in the CYOA thing, and I copied every player or person who signed up to be a player in the RtD games.

And yes, most if not all of the active members.*

Mon May 31, 2010 1:20 pm
Profile WWW

I agree with MLC. If moving is the only option (depends who gets here first, Duh102 or Grif), then move them into gaming. Really though, it's a couple of threads. Notice that the reason these threads are at the top are because they are the most updated? It's not like the other threads aren't getting a turn, you have a scroll bar on the right of your browser.

Mon May 31, 2010 4:35 pm
Profile WWW

Would be nice to see a phpBB add-on that would allow a thread to be completely ignored a la users.

Why does everyone have such a hard-on for making some stupid forum-game subforum?

You know what's worse, in my opinion?

THAT HALF THE PEOPLE IN THOSE LISTS MLC POSTED ONLY DO FORUM GAMES. They don't really contribute to the general quality of the fan forum as a resource. That would be the only argument I have against forum games as a whole.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:17 pm

current infestation level: HIGH

alphagamer774 wrote:
I agree with MLC. If moving is the only option (depends who gets here first, Duh102 or Grif), then move them into gaming. Really though, it's a couple of threads. Notice that the reason these threads are at the top are because they are the most updated? It's not like the other threads aren't getting a turn, you have a scroll bar on the right of your browser.

"hey we don't need categories, forget that, let's just lump everything into one big ♥♥♥♥ pile!!! WHY DO WE NEED A SUPPORT SECTION???? YOU CAN JUST SCROLL DOWN THROUGH THEM... STOP WHINING"

yeah great argument just stop posting

move them under gaming because they are games

it's where they belong and if you don't agree with categorization maybe you should stop using forums and go play some real games?

Quote:
Would be nice to see a phpBB add-on that would allow a thread to be completely ignored a la users.

would be nice to see a phpBB addon that allows for the creation of sub-forums....where topics that would clutter up the main forum would go.....hey...wait.....that already..........EXISTS!!!!...........isn't there a subforum for gaming under off-topic???? HEY....THERE IS!!!....why are all these gaming threads growing to 500+ pages in off topic discouraging any ACTUAL off topic chat?????? oh yeah....because mods haven't moved the threads where they belong...

Quote:
RtD & CYOA ~= Video Gaming Chat.

uh that is completely wrong

games = gaming
all those terrible horrible trash threads = games
what do we have a subforum for alreadY??

oh yeah. gaming.

get it out.

Honestly half the topics under gaming would be much better in off topic chat, I'd much rather look at an SC2 thread every time I refresh rather than some completely meaningless piles of garbage every time I go to OT

Mon May 31, 2010 6:09 pm

You almost, almost made a point with the "Gaming forum is for the vidya", however, if you look closely, past all the bad videogames that make me cry at night, you'll notice various pen and paper, browser, and other games not of the video variety.
I propose that either the roll to dodge and CYOA threads be moved into the gaming forum, or a separate "Forum Games" forum be implemented to reduce overall clutter of offtopic.
However I don't believe weasel would willingly do this as he seems to advocate small numbers of subforums, and thus, it is most likely and to be honest most logical to move the threads into the Gaming subforum.

Mon May 31, 2010 6:19 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

I propose nuking and paving oh wait no one listens to my proposals

I (and obviously other people) find the RTD threads irritating (the CYOA threads somewhat less so).

As there's no satisfactory means to hide them through phpBB, which is criminal, the situation is either put up with them, remove them, or move them.

None of these solve the problem.

Question: The first RtD is A HUNDRED AND SIXTY PAGES. Is it ever going to end?

Mon May 31, 2010 6:53 pm

Grif wrote:
None of these solve the problem.

yeah except the issue is the makers of these threads think they are somehow above the rules by making them outside of the category they belong in

and that'd solve the problem

Mon May 31, 2010 6:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next